Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Erik the Red

£120m is obviously way too much. However £40-50m is obviously too little.

Unless Levy truly is an idiot, he'd sell at somewhere between £60 and £80m. He'd probably hold out for the higher end of that range, but if he pushes too hard for it he may find himself losing Kane for free in 12 months.
If Kane tells Levy that he wants to go to a specific club and he thinks say £50m is a price spurs should accept, otherwise he's going on a free transfer next year, then Levy will have to make that choice...

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If Kane tells Levy that he wants to go to a specific club and he thinks say £50m is a price spurs should accept, otherwise he's going on a free transfer next year, then Levy will have to make that choice...
We have seen enough proof Levy has no qualms telling Kane to buckle in for another year. Especially if it's a measly 40m, which, yes it's 40m better than nothing, but it's Levy we are talking about here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We have seen enough proof Levy has no qualms telling Kane to buckle in for another year. Especially if it's a measly 40m, which, yes it's 40m better than nothing, but it's Levy we are talking about here.
Yep, didn't Levy also sell Modric to Real over Chelsea even though the latter were willing to offer more?

Granted that's a London rival I guess.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If Kane is smart, he will stay for one more year and leave on free and get good money along with good project for him. If Spurs quote close to 100m not many big clubs will be in queue for him considering his age, wages and transfer fee. However, on free lot of clubs would be interested and he might pick the best one for him.
He is 30 in July and hasn’t won anything in his career. The teams that will be in for him this year may have got themselves different strikers, his form may take a slight hit, he might get a serious injury that will prevent him from joining a big club next year. If he can have this choice up to him, he should definitely make the move this year and not hold out another year.

Sarni

£40m is really not much when this could also be the difference between making CL and not. I don’t think it would be reasonable to approach Spurs with anything other than £100m offer at least and I’d be stunned if it doesn’t go into final week of transfer window anyway. Even if we offered £150m day one Levy would still wait and try to bring the price up, he’s obsessed with winning transfer battles.

Sarni

If so, we shouldn't approach them at all.
It depends. If we feel that Kane is the last or a very significant piece of the puzzle and cannot be replaced with another signing adequately then we should zero in on him and push until we get him, even if we have to wait a year. I don’t think there’s a player that would fit our team better in that position and would also be attainable at an affordable price. Osimhen seems to be cited as his competition but he’d cost double of whatever even Levy would ask for and Napoli are notoriously difficult to negotiate with as well.

You know what you’re in for with Levy and I think we should probably accept that as we cannot change it. It’s going to be a lot of nonsense before we can get anything done here.

Abraxas

40m probably isn't better than nothing, to be fair. Especially because it's 40mill for a season worth of Kane's performances. At his best he's probably a 150 million footballer in terms of quality, 30-40 million a year over the course of a 4 year deal. So really 40 million is no great shakes for Spurs. 40 million is we're absolutely desperate to cash in, which probably isn't the case.

McTerminator

£40m is really not much when this could also be the difference between making CL and not. I don’t think it would be reasonable to approach Spurs with anything other than £100m offer at least and I’d be stunned if it doesn’t go into final week of transfer window anyway. Even if we offered £150m day one Levy would still wait and try to bring the price up, he’s obsessed with winning transfer battles.
Honestly, if I owned a premier league club like Spurs or United, I’d happily pay £40m just to maintain the kind of reputation Levy has.

You don’t buy his players and if you do you pay up.

Sarni

Honestly, if I owned a premier league club like Spurs or United, I’d happily pay £40m just to maintain the kind of reputation Levy has.

You don’t buy his players and if you do you pay up.
It has its flaws though, if you are a player you pretty much know once you get to Spurs you aren’t getting out, so for some it may be somewhat of a deterrent.

McTerminator

It has its flaws though, if you are a player you pretty much know once you get to Spurs you aren’t getting out, so for some it may be somewhat of a deterrent.
I’m not sure that’s fair. Modric, Bale, and Berbatov all got their move.

I feel that the English media and fans give Kane a bit of a free pass for his own significant contribution to his current circumstances (30 years old, trophyless and still at Spurs).

colombianmancunian

We need to bing this guy. Contrary to Osimhen, he is PL proven, and at his peak.

We have previously bought players from spurs such as Berba and Carrick. We can make this happen.

We won our last league with RVP leading the line, and we will win our next league with Kane leading de line. Mark my words.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should steer clear then.

lolok

I'm in the same boat as many of you. Our crack team managed to spunk 80mm on Antony instead of 50-55mm when they had the chance. Do we really want them to negotiate with Levy? Pass. Make 1 offer for Kane, if Levy declines, which he will, then ignore and move on.

Kane is better just playing out his contract, then reevaluating in summer of 2024 where his best options may lie. Plus I will smile a bit if Tottenham loses Kane on a free. With the resurgence of Arsenal and United, coupled with billionaire Newcastle to go with City and Liverpool----- Spurs are in a tough spot. It's not going to be easy for them to make the Champions league moving forward, and even Europa could be a challenge. And I completely forgot about Chelsea. No sugar daddy, no champions or even europa league-- and Tottenham will eventually fall into that 6-9th spot every year. They just don't have the cash to spend as other top 6 clubs, especially if they miss out on Europe.

If Spurs have no shot for top 4 or even Europa league in January of 2024--- then maybe Levy will try to sell Kane in the January transfer window vs losing him for nothing in the summer. Kane is worth more to Tottenham than he is to other clubs at the moment, so Levy will ask for the moon. Kane represents Tottenham's only shot at top 4 this year and next-- and once Tottenham miss Europe for a couple of years-- it will be hard for them to get back into the top 4/5.

Sarni

I’m not sure that’s fair. Modric, Bale, and Berbatov all got their move.

I feel that the English media and fans give Kane a bit of a free pass for his own significant contribution to his current circumstances (30 years old, trophyless and still at Spurs).
Modric and Bale went abroad though, so that was workable as Levy doesn’t perceive any of the foreign clubs as their fierce rivals. Modric himself could not move to Chelsea when he wanted.

Berbatov’s saga was extremely complicated and took much longer than it should have.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Likelihood is that Napoli will want a similar amount(probably much more) for Osimhen.

We'll have to spend 80m+ for a striker in this market.
I get that. But personally I do think we’re a couple more seasons of excellent work to be able to truly challenge for major honours and hence I’d want my expensive number 9 to not be old and weary by then. Casemiero and Eriksen as it is may not be at their peak then.

Eddy_JukeZ

I get that. But personally I do think we’re a couple more seasons of excellent work to be able to truly challenge for major honours and hence I’d want my expensive number 9 to not be old and weary by then. Casemiero and Eriksen as it is may not be at their peak then.
Potentially true. I think Kane's the safer bet than Osimhen and I don't think he'll decline anytime soon.

Might have to alter how we press slightly if we get Kane in though.

RoyKeaneReborn

Have a feeling he will move. But maybe abroad. Lewandowski is 34. Benzema is 35. Both only a few years ahead of Kane. Maybe Barca & Real will take him on a short-term contract (after his contract at Spurs is run down).

Dun think its going to be easy to get him to move to United, esp when we no longer have Fergie (at front end) to wheel & deal (like for Berbs & RVP).

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He has everything we need except intensity.

Whilst someone like Osimhen has intensity but lacks hold up play.

I think he is a bit slow for Ten Hag.

However,

Greenwood will most likely be eased back in if the manager wants it - which gives Ten Hag 2 potentially deadly inverted forwards playing out wide + Garanacho and Antony.

Is he going to buy a striker that needs everyone to create chances for him - or buy a striker that can create for his wider attackers.

Im not sure.

Doracle

How much are people thinking Osimhen will cost? People surely wouldn’t take Osimhen for £150m over Kane for £80m?

Vapor trail

Tweet below from last week.

Hopefully this is the case Osimhen is a far more sensible signing on all fronts. Many have this idea Kane is going to be cheap, Kane would cost 100 million perhaps Osimhen 100-120 million (GBP).

Sarni

How much are people thinking Osimhen will cost? People surely wouldn’t take Osimhen for £150m over Kane for £80m?
Osimhen will cost top 3 ever fee IMO. Neymar fee was ridiculous but anything around Mbappe who was £160m and definitely more than £105m Coutinho cost.

El Jefe

Tweet below from last week.

Music to my ears and hoping it's true.

Players making big transfers at that age don't sit well with me. Sanchez, Hazard and Griezmann transfers have been some of the worst in recent time.

We need a player approaching his peak, a young and dynamic physical forward. We already have the experience of Varane, Casemiro, Eriksen and DDG in our team, what we need right now is attackers with intensity and youthful energy.

Salah, Mane and Firmino was the blueprint and Arsenal followed that with their front three this year. We need pace, skill and physicality up front.

Lemon Moon

I'd be happy if we didn't go in for Harry Kane great striker but another easy media target.
He doesn't feel like a United player either. Square peg in a round hole. No doubt he'd score and create but so could others and for longer.

Doracle

Osimhen will cost top 3 ever fee IMO. Neymar fee was ridiculous but anything around Mbappe who was £160m and definitely more than £105m Coutinho cost.
Yeah, that’s my take, for a player who is completely unproven at the highest level and has had one standout season in a relatively weak Serie A. It would be absolute madness buying him for over £100m if we can get Kane.

The way to do it is to buy Kane and then look to pick up someone in the 20/21 age range as cover, to step up in about 5 years when Kane will probably start to fade.

IRONTUSK

I keep swinging back and forth between Kane & Osimhen.
Reckon they could both work but Kane seems almost guaranteed - many people have mentioned he could be like the RVP signing.
It feels like we should also make the most of Varane & Casimero before they decline and signing Kane I think would make us genuine title contenders next season.
Kane for 2-3 years and then see what Osimhen & Ramos are upto?
Hindsight is a great thing and we will likely look back and say we should have got Osimhen or Ramos similar to how we didn't get Lewandowski and got RVP instead!!

Nickelodeon

If 100 million is the price needed to sign either of them, I'd say move on from both. We, or most clubs, don't have a good record of signing extremely high value players. All our 75 million plus signings (Pogba, Maguire, Lukaku, Antony) have been unsuccessful to varying degrees.