Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Laurencio

100m for a 30 year old whose contract is running out in a year is madness. It's more incredible that it's Bayern doing this. They really want him I guess.
Lewandowski is 34. Benzema is 35. Kane has easily 4-5 seasons as a top striker left 100M for a world class striker that guarantees you 20-30 goals for 4-5 years is most definitely worth it.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Lewandowski is 34. Benzema is 35. Kane has 4-5 seasons as a too striker left easily. 100M for a world class striker that guarantees you 20-30 goals for 4-5 years is most definitely worth it.
There's a risk for sure because injuries become more frequent. Lewandowski's body has been essentially rock solid.

I think the problem is more that any alternative is also incredibly costly. Osimhen will cost 120M+, Muani maybe 90M+. Both had 1strong season far. What's the likelihood that they will be able to replicate that v Kane who has been performing at that level consistently for years? I think that despite the age, it's probably more likely that Kane will be better than both in 3 years and that makes Kane the best value. Somewhat crazy considering his age and residual contract length, but it is what it is.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's either unambitious or just playing his cards well.
I'm guessing he'd rather wait a year and control his own destiny, likely with us if we have a successful season.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's either unambitious or just playing his cards well.
I'm guessing he'd rather wait a year and control his own destiny, likely with us if we have a successful season.
He's turning 30 I think the last thing he will want to do is to waste another season at Tottenham. There's also risk that he will injure himself.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's turning 30 I think the last thing he will want to do is to waste another season at Tottenham. There's also risk that he will injure himself.
If he wants to ideally stay in England, which he does, I don't think he'll have a problem with it.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
If he wants to ideally stay in England, which he does, I don't think he'll have a problem with it.
Clearly, staying in England is not the be all end all for Kane or else he would not even consider moving abroad.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Clearly, staying in England is not the be all end all for Kane or else he would not even consider moving abroad.
Right but if he's faced with a choice of Spurs for a year, then any club of his choice vs Bayern where he'll win a title that is a mere formality, I think many can understand strategically waiting a season.

Strelok

Hard to say. BILD really seems to have limited sources atm with Bayern after Salihamidzic and Kahn + their entourages left. Feeling is that even German media seems to be somewhat in the dark these days regarding Bayern.
I see thanks for the insights.

Laurencio

Right but if he's faced with a choice of Spurs for a year, then any club of his choice vs Bayern where he'll win a title that is a mere formality, I think many can understand strategically waiting a season.
On a free I think Real Madrid would be very interested- that would be his best chance for trophies too tbh.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
On a free I think Real Madrid would be very interested- that would be his best chance for trophies too tbh.
The world would be interested for sure. I think he'd come to us if we had a title challenging season, or not far off.

Supports
Chelsea
If he goes on a free I don't think Bayern or Madrid have a chance at getting him, reckon he would stay in England. United being the most realistic option.

Spurs would need to make him the highest paid player in the league surely, otherwise what's the point of getting money he'd also get elsewhere?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he goes on a free I don't think Bayern or Madrid have a chance at getting him, reckon he would stay in England. United being the most realistic option.

Spurs would need to make him the highest paid player in the league surely, otherwise what's the point of getting money he'd also get elsewhere?
He won't do it even if they make him that. He can get huge wages at United or Chelsea (and I don't think Chelsea would pip us in that scenario).

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
My preferred option would be him staying at Spurs and joining us on a free next summer (as Levy won’t sell to us unless we offer 140 mil or something).
2nd best option would be him joining Bayern now. I don’t even like them, but Kane signing another long term contract with Spurs would be just “sad”/would feel so wrong.
He is a brilliant and at the same time very down to earth and likeable player (well apart from his nasty fouling and him mostly getting away with it) and it would be a shame if he finishes his career with zero trophies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Spurs will start well and we will see him grinning behind a table as he signs a new 4 year deal.

He will be condemning himself to a trophy-less career, which I think is very sad for a player of his quality, but judging by those cringe records he handed out to the England squad, his own records are very much at the front of his mind.

Maluco

I think valuing personal records above them speaks more to your ego. I am a massive Harry Kane fan, but he definitely has a bit of the Stevie G—all about me’s!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think valuing personal records above them speaks more to your ego. I am a massive Harry Kane fan, but he definitely has a bit of the Stevie G—all about me’s!
To be fair there's a lot of people who, in his shoes that may forgo Bayern to go to another PL club next year and end up with Silverware AND personal accolades.

Maluco

To be fair there's a lot of people who, in his shoes that may forgo Bayern to go to another PL club next year and end up with Silverware AND personal accolades.
It’s possible, but I think he will sign a deal. I think he enjoys who he is for Spurs and the comfort it brings him. He will satisfy himself with the personal records. I think he will sign a deal by September time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It’s possible, but I think he will sign a deal. I think he enjoys who he is for Spurs and the comfort it brings him. He will satisfy himself with the personal records. I think he will sign a deal by September time.
Let's wait until this hypothetical scenario actually becomes a reality in that case.. I strongly doubt he'd sign a new deal though.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
There’s no way Kane signs another deal without it having the most generous get out clauses imaginable, or him murdering his brother before he’s 40.

Im sure he wants to beat Shearer’s record, but Shearer still gets a load of shit for what he didn’t win, and he still at least won the fecking league!

It’d be hilarious if he went into his mid 30s with less silverware than Wout Weghorst though, and If he’s not gonna sign for us, I’m thoroughly there for it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lewandowski is 34. Benzema is 35. Kane has easily 4-5 seasons as a top striker left 100M for a world class striker that guarantees you 20-30 goals for 4-5 years is most definitely worth it.
You are just taking the best examples out there and assumed Kane would last as long. But in fact not every top striker could maintain their top form until their mid 30s though, even with the help of modern sports science. If we look at recent decade you may find a long list of top striker who start to decline during their early 30s.

Ruud - decline at around 32-33
Rooney - decline sharply at around 31
RVP - decline sharply at age 31-32
Higuain - decline at around 32
Cavani - decline at around 32-34
Augero - decline at age 31-32
Grizemann - decline at around age 31

I think chance is, Kane would probably maintain his top form for another 2 years or so, and after that we will have to see if he could extend his form for another 2-3 years.

Laurencio

You are just taking the best examples out there and assumed Kane would last as long. But in fact not every top striker could maintain their top form until their mid 30s though, even with the help of modern sports science. If we look at recent decade you may find a long list of top striker who start to decline during their early 30s.

Ruud - decline at around 32-33
Rooney - decline sharply at around 31
RVP - decline sharply at age 31-32
Higuain - decline at around 32
Cavani - decline at around 32-34
Augero - decline at age 31-32
Grizemann - decline at around age 31

I think chance is, Kane would probably maintain his top form for another 2 years or so, and after that we will have to see if he could extend his form for another 2-3 years.
While nothing is certain, in terms of playing style, professionalism and a comparison of physical attributes, Kane is much closer to the two I mentioned than the ones you've listed here. Most of these strikers you mention had an explosiveness to their game that notably declined in their 30s. Kane has never had that explosiveness and shouldn't really have similar issues.

Hawks2008

A Bayern move would be on brand for Kane. He stayed nice and comfy at Spurs who have 0 expectations on them, so going to a team that casually wins their league every year is perfect for someone with 0 ambition for top honours who doesn't like to challenge themselves.

Strelok

2nd best option would be him joining Bayern now. I don’t even like them, but Kane signing another long term contract with Spurs would be just “sad”/would feel so wrong.
Agree and he might help Bayern to stop those feckers from winning the CL again. The enemy of my enemy is my friend :D

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A Bayern move would be on brand for Kane. He stayed nice and comfy at Spurs who have 0 expectations on them, so going to a team that casually wins their league every year is perfect for someone with 0 ambition for top honours who doesn't like to challenge themselves.
His club do not want to sell him to a domestic rival and Bayern are a massive club. Going there is a risk. He is not guaranteed anything and has no credit in the bank there.
While he is under contract, his options are limited.

crossy1686

career ending
Kane's end goal seems to be America so it would make sense to do a couple of seasons at Bayern, increase his 'brand' then get a move to Inter Miami when his contract is up

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'm sure you'd give him credit if he went to United and ended up trophyless.

OrcaFat

Even if he does end up staying at Spurs, why not wait until the end of the season?

NoLogo

I'm sure you'd give him credit if he went to United and ended up trophyless.
That's the one thing I keep thinking all the time, people claiming, "he will never win anything with Spurs, he should join us instead." Chances are with the time he has left on the top of his game he might not win anything with us either. City would have been probably the only save bet for a trophy or three.

Revan

Assumptionman
Even if he does end up staying at Spurs, why not wait until the end of the season?
Injuries happen. A serious injury near the end of next season, and he is potentially looking at tens of millions in losses.

His safest bet is either pushing for a move now, or signing with a foreign club a pre-contract in January. Waiting for the contract to expire without having a new one is a bit risky (albeit quite rewarding cause then he can easily get 30m+ in signing bonus).