g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Disagree. What if all those things happened next season anyway and the only benefit is collecting a pay cheque each week in Bayern’s medical room? Wouldn’t let the small likelihood of a career ending injury guide this decision compared to all the more probably outcomes.

On a serious note I think I’d also rather be the PL all time top scorer than win the Ballon d’Or (e.g. Shearer vs Owen). And he has a much much better chance of the former anyway.
Collecting a check on the beginning of a long term contract, not the last year of his deal. Kane dropping off due to injury or some other factor is not some improbable scenario. It happens more than you think

PL all-time scorer is a record that can be broken, trophies and honors like the Ballon d’Or are permanent.

Tarrou

Have serious doubts they will sell anymore,also IF it did actually happen then don't see an impact on transfers until January
I don't have any doubts and we have a credit facility so liquidity is basically a non-issue

Riz

Collecting a check on the beginning of a long term contract, not the last year of his deal. Kane dropping off due to injury or some other factor is not some improbable scenario. It happens more than you think
I'm not saying it's not a risk, I just don't think it's as high a risk to guide the decision making here. If he values having a couple of Bundesliga medals that much then fair enough but I don't think that's anywhere near worth the sacrifice he'd be making.
PL all-time scorer is a record that can be broken, trophies and honors like the Ballon d’Or are permanent.
It wouldn't actually have to be a shot at only one or the other though in fairness... He can push on towards the former (even at Spurs next season) and have his pick of club next summer that can offer a serious shot at the latter as well (Chelsea, United, Liverpool etc.), all the while pocketing a ridiculous sign on fee. The only things that will prevent it being a 1) dramatic drop off in form - which could happen at Bayern as well or 2) a freak career ending injury - which could happen at Bayern as well.

Ok on 2) he would then be able to collect his contract from the treatment table but I personally wouldn't have that high up in my considerations if I was him e.g. already loaded and with a greater probability of a better financial package from the future sign on anyway. Very very very risk averse for the only guarantee of a few Bundesliga medals.

GlasgowCeltic

We are not winning a major trophy, with or without him. He would waste the end of his career.
agree with this, anywhere in England but City and he’s just going back to Poch era Spurs: top 4 chases and the odd CL run. he should push for the Bayern move

bosskeano

would be pretty dumb for Kane to play this season without having some sort of contract reassurance at his age....one bad injury at that 400k per week is gone

stepic

If Kane is willing to leave England and forfeit the EPL scoring record, he should at least go to Madrid, where he'd have a good shot at winning a prestigious league and a good shot at winning Champions League. Going to Germany to help Bayern win the Bundesliga for the 45th straight season isn't anything to be impressed with.
yeah, which he can do next year for free

really it's in his interests to stay another year and then have the pick of clubs. Madrid for a close to guaranteed title and CL push, or us if he wants to stay in England.

Bayern seems a kinda pointless halfway house between those two options

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
agree with this, anywhere in England but City and he’s just going back to Poch era Spurs: top 4 chases and the odd CL run. he should push for the Bayern move

I don’t think it’s quite as grim but yeah I think city is almost unbeatable in the league. They have pep, Haaland and unlimited money. Maybe if they get hit with FFP punishment.

Behind city it’s a big gamble. United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle. It’s not clear which horse to bet on here.

Real is his best choice but they’re going for Mbappe and who knows if they need a central striker. I think they will also push for Haaland in 2-3 years, so Kane would only be a bridge solution.

Bayern he’s at least guaranteed a league title and decent shot at CL. Obviously question is how much you rate the BuLi title.

Kane is not in an easy spot. He realistically kind of almost destroyed his career with the Spurs contract and not being able to move to City.

If you are neutral, neither United nor Bayern are clear Homerun decisions.

Last edited:

L1nk

Do not be surprised if he signs that contract

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
No offense to the bri'ish people, but I don't really care if we get him or not. I think he's ok, but he's no Haaland. All the bri'ish people tend to overthink how good he is. I'd rather have Osimhen or some young 9. No thanks to the PL tax :)

Edit: And I would LOVE Mathys Tel to get some more gametime.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Kane has gone through this a few times now.
Spurs finish mid table.
New manager comes in.
They hold talks, future looks bright under the new manager, Kane is convinced of the new project and signs a new contract.
Is he really going to do the same thing once again?

Idxomer

Kane has gone through this a few times now.
Spurs finish mid table.
New manager comes in.
They hold talks, future looks bright under the new manager, Kane is convinced of the new project and signs a new contract.
Is he really going to do the same thing once again?
The last time he signed a contract was 5 years ago. I don't think he actually signed any new contract without Pochettino as manager.

He might sign a new one but it would be extremely odd to do it when all the power is finally in his hands.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I still think that he would have been our mark signing if we had new owner on time. Maybe he still will be. Depending on this takeover circus.

fecking Glazers.

Woodzy

I don’t know what the new manager could even say to convince him tbh. Spurs are going to take years of work to get to a level where they can even think about winning things, by which time he’ll probably be at the end of his career. On top of that you would need the other 6 clubs that could potentially challenge to stand still which is not going to happen with the financial backing most have.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If you want to stay just stay but don't be stupid by signing that contract. He will have plenty of options next year.

RedorDead21

Do you mean we won’t win a major trophy until after Kane is past it / retired, even if he comes here? That’s a bit defeatist.

I don’t see why we can’t do what Arsenal did and keep it going for a few more weeks than they did. It’s not a wild idea imo. More difficult without a Kane-level goalscorer, unlikely, I’d agree; but with Kane? I don’t see why not.
Yeah he could make the difference if city have a poorer season perhaps and the only player we are likely to attract who you could say that about. If the sale goes through. He’s the obvious marquee signing for the new owners. One of those where if he flops it was still the right player in the eyes of the majority at the time. Not so when you go abit left field with your recruitment.

RedorDead21

I don’t know what the new manager could even say to convince him tbh. Spurs are going to take years of work to get to a level where they can even think about winning things, by which time he’ll probably be at the end of his career. On top of that you would need the other 6 clubs that could potentially challenge to stand still which is not going to happen with the financial backing most have.
He’s approaching the later stages of his career and he’s still there! Ambition wise there’s afew red flags about him but suggesting they couldn’t keep him given he’s 29 now is abit of a stretch.

RVN1991

He'll be offered a massive contract by Spurs and stay, stupid move by both Spurs and Kane to not push for the Bayern move. 75 million for him with one year on his contract is a good deal.

FerociousCorgis

If he stays shows he has zero ambition on winning anything of note. Best he can hope for would be a lucky cup run. Zero shot of winning a league title while there and even less of a ucl cup.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
100m for a 30 year old whose contract is running out in a year is madness. It's more incredible that it's Bayern doing this. They really want him I guess.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
100m for a 30 year old whose contract is running out in a year is madness. It's more incredible that it's Bayern doing this. They really want him I guess.
I think I’d take around £80M to £100M (For United Tax reasons) for a UCL & a PL title.

Think this whole 30 is old rhetoric is mad. He’s got at least 4-5 seasons left in him yet.

stw2022

Glad we aren't involved. That fee is no win. He's going to need to have a season approaching Haaland's for it to be a success.

united_99

When did Bayern’s 2nd bid get rejected? Is this official?

Strelok

Tbh I don't think this is true. There was no report whatsoever of the second bid. Then even if they see him as crucial in their CL campaign next year they could get him in Jan for half of what they have to pay now. Surely they won't need him to get through the group stages.

Chairman Steve

Thank God we aren’t involved. Bayern can do this dance. This bloke is not ready.
My feelings too. If we were under Woodward, we would be doing nothing but this all summer and more than likely walk away with nothing but rushed deals in the last three weeks of the window.

Just get Hojlund and see if we can mold our own Kane for half the price and a decade younger. If Hojlund ends up with at least 15 goals in all comps next season with signs of more to come, then we’re laughing.

united_99

I guess they know next season he will most likely go to a PL team so their best chance is now. And if they really believe he is the right player then it’s not a big deal if it’s 70 or 90 mil £ at the end. It’s a lot of money either way but Kane would be worth it.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Bayern is such a nothing move for him. Are people going to judge his career any different because he went and won a Bundesliga title with a club who've won 11 of them in a row? Can you REALLY feel like you've won something when the team inevitably would have done it without you anyway?

Can't believe I'm saying this but if the United move doesn't materialize he should just stay at Spurs. Being a lifer their and breaking Alan Shearer's PL goalscoring record will mean much more for his legacy.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
When did Bayern’s 2nd bid get rejected? Is this official?
Tbh I don't think this is true. There was no report whatsoever of the second bid. Then even if they see him as crucial in their CL campaign next year they could get him in Jan for half of what they have to pay now. Surely they won't need him to get through the group stages.

united_99

Weird that the English media is not all over it. Usually you get every paper tweeting at the same time that a 2nd bid has been made (and then the same when it gets rejected). For an English player I mean, even more if it is their national team’s captain.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Weird that the English media is not all over it. Usually you get every paper tweeting at the same time that a 2nd bid has been made (and then the same when it gets rejected). For an English player I mean, even more if it is their national team’s captain.
For what it’s worth, BILD and Sport BILD were reporting that there was no second bid from Bayern.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tbh I'd trust BILD much more than that guy Romano.

Hard to say. BILD really seems to have limited sources atm with Bayern after Salihamidzic and Kahn + their entourages left. Feeling is that even German media seems to be somewhat in the dark these days regarding Bayern.