g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Wilt

I still have a feeling he will sign for us. I just can’t see him giving up the chance of the PL record to go to Germany. I’ll be amazed in fact.
We’d be serious contenders if we got him too.
Think he’ll stay at Spurs ….Levy might do a deal in January?

pacifictheme

Bayern is such a nothing move for him. Are people going to judge his career any different because he went and won a Bundesliga title with a club who've won 11 of them in a row? Can you REALLY feel like you've won something when the team inevitably would have done it without you anyway?

Can't believe I'm saying this but if the United move doesn't materialize he should just stay at Spurs. Being a lifer their and breaking Alan Shearer's PL goalscoring record will mean much more for his legacy.
Maybe he would rather win something over making sure DannyCAFC appreciates his legacy. If shearer didn't have that one league title his goal scoring record would be hilarious. If I was kane I would definitely move to Bayern over staying at spurs, he's pretty much guaranteed to win a league title which no one will ever be able to take away from him.

He's going to be England's top scorer too, if he isn't already, but I guarantee he would have rather won the euros.

mu4c_20le

Maybe he would rather win something over making sure DannyCAFC appreciates his legacy. If shearer didn't have that one league title his goal scoring record would be hilarious. If I was kane I would definitely move to Bayern over staying at spurs, he's pretty much guaranteed to win a league title which no one will ever be able to take away from him.

He's going to be England's top scorer too, if he isn't already, but I guarantee he would have rather won the euros.
Who cares about a bundesliga though? pacifictheme from redcafe? A PL title is obviously not the same.

L1nk

I still have a feeling he will sign for us. I just can’t see him giving up the chance of the PL record to go to Germany. I’ll be amazed in fact.
We’d be serious contenders if we got him too.
With what money though? We seem to be going all in on Hojlund now and reports are we can't even buy Amrabat without sales.. so where are we generating another 100mill or so for Kane?

In my opinion Kane was the deal we were going to make first, if we could, because we had the money, but now we don't, so I just don't see how we do it

croadyman

He won't though. He hasn't and he never will. Do you think Harry thinks United is a better proposition than City was? Be real.

This is the thing it feels like so many on this forum struggle with.

Levy won't sell to a PL team and Harry won't hand in a transfer request. It's that black and white and simple.
Yeah we don't have a prayer unless he is willing to stay another year and run down deal

UpWithRivers

He won't though. He hasn't and he never will. Do you think Harry thinks United is a better proposition than City was? Be real.

This is the thing it feels like so many on this forum struggle with.

Levy won't sell to a PL team and Harry won't hand in a transfer request. It's that black and white and simple.
If he wont that just shows he's a loser. Of course Man Utd is not a better proposition than City but he doesn't have that option anymore because of Levy. I've said it before. Kane should be 40 to 50 goals closer to Prem league top scorer (he would have bagged more goals in Cities team) and with a treble in the bag. He should be Haaland. But Levy fkd him over. I mean well and truly fkd him. He will never win the treble. How how he can't be pissed off is beyond me. And now Levy is dictating if and where he should be sold! The fkng cheek. And Kane is now just bending over! Again!

I don't believe it. Levy must have told Kane to give him one more year last year when he went on strike. He must have promised him something. He didn't deliver. Its all paper talk levy won't let him go. Kate has already told him his destination. He just needs to give levy some negotiating power so won't say anything

Last edited:

croadyman

I don't think we would have walked away so publicly if money wasn't an obstacle. Kane was very obviously Ten Hag's first choice, and I think if Levy would have sold for 80-90mil, we would have done it.
Yeah the leeches screwed us over in this

croadyman

With what money though? We seem to be going all in on Hojlund now and reports are we can't even buy Amrabat without sales.. so where are we generating another 100mill or so for Kane?

In my opinion Kane was the deal we were going to make first, if we could, because we had the money, but now we don't, so I just don't see how we do it
Yeah was definitely Erik's top target

Todd

We would've been better off sticking with De Gea for one more season and using the Onana money plus the assumed Hojlund money to get Kane now.

I think signing Kane would've left us in a better position in the table at the end of this coming season than signing Onana plus Hojlund is going to.

croadyman

We would've been better off sticking with De Gea for one more season and using the Onana money plus the assumed Hojlund money to get Kane now.

I think signing Kane would've left us in a better position in the table at the end of this coming season than signing Onana plus Hojlund is going to.
Spurs aren't selling to a rival this summer end of story, we found that out back in June so have to join those other clubs hoping he is still available on a free next summer but don't think he will be

Todd

:lol:

we likely would have ended up with potentially two more trophies last season without De Gea (and I like Dave)
Nonsense. A team that cannot score goals doesn't have much of a chance of winning against elite competition. You can't shithouse your way to penalties every time out.

As bad as De Gea was, we still had the 3rd-best defensive record in the league. If we'd had Kane's 30 goals last season we might've been in a position to contend for the title. He's the type of guy that turns losses into draws and draws into wins.

Valencia Shin Crosses

What an insane thought.

Also, in case it hasn't become fecking clear, Levy won't sell to us. He won't. We wanted Kane, he told us never going to happen, and we moved on. Pretty simple.

lex talionis

Nonsense. A team that cannot score goals doesn't have much of a chance of winning against elite competition. You can't shithouse your way to penalties every time out.

As bad as De Gea was, we still had the 3rd-best defensive record in the league. If we'd had Kane's 30 goals last season we might've been in a position to contend for the title. He's the type of guy that turns losses into draws and draws into wins.
How dare you talk sense.

TsuWave

You say "nonsense" then proceed to argue in the most bemusing linear manner.

De Gea's errors and limitations in both the games against Sevilla and the final vs City were evident. His limitations also impact the way in which we play, the way the manager wants us to play - so much so he made a u-turn on renewing De Gea and prioritised the GK position.

If you want to stay in denial about how much De Gea affected our play style, as well as key results, with a dash of fanfiction about Kane being obtainable, then please proceed.

croadyman

What an insane thought.

Also, in case it hasn't become fecking clear, Levy won't sell to us. He won't. We wanted Kane, he told us never going to happen, and we moved on. Pretty simple.
Yeah absolutely bang on,like I just said have to pray he gets cold feet about joining Bayern,failing that hope his pregnant partner doesn't want to uproot family to Germany

Mercurial

He could be living this consolation dream in less than a year!
It's basically a cheat code win. He could be having a chicken dinner as a winner on that plate with some drinks from that goblet. He couldn't get it at home in the EPL due to poor contract management but he can 99.99% have these across the pond. Levy drags him around by the nose dictating what he does and what he says and where he goes. He is practically a serf at this point to Levy unless he taps out.

croadyman

It's basically a cheat code win. He could be having a chicken dinner as a winner on that plate with some drinks from that goblet. He couldn't get it at home in the EPL due to poor contract management but he can 99.99% have these across the pond. Levy drags him around by the nose dictating what he does and what he says and where he goes. He is practically a serf at this point to Levy unless he taps out.
Yeah Kane clearly won't ever stand up to him

Tyrion

It isn't sense. In fact, it's complete nonsense based entirely on the pure fantasy that we could just go out there and get Kane at the click of our fingers.
Agreed. City couldn't prise Kane away. Levy is a stubborn prick in transfers and will hold on to players as tightly as possible even if it doesn't make sense.

Todd

You say "nonsense" then proceed to argue in the most bemusing linear manner.

De Gea's errors and limitations in both the games against Sevilla and the final vs City were evident. His limitations also impact the way in which we play, the way the manager wants us to play - so much so he made a u-turn on renewing De Gea and prioritised the GK position.

If you want to stay in denial about how much De Gea affected our play style, as well as key results, with a dash of fanfiction about Kane being obtainable, then please proceed.
I'm not disagreeing about De Gea- I agree that his limitations were apparent- I'm just saying that the effect of having a world-class striker in the team would have overcome his limitations, more often than not over the course of an entire season.

I don't really understand how anyone could deny the simply basic logic that a team that scores significantly more goals has a better chance of winning more games, all other things being equal. And it's not even just the goals with Kane, it's the way he can play deeper and link up in areas of the park where we struggle with possession.

If we'd had Kane last season I genuinely think it'd have been us pressuring City down to the wire, not Arsenal. He might've easily been worth 10-12 extra points for us.

Tyrion

Not sure even he can hold Bayern off
Honestly I think he'd rather keep Kane until the contract ran out. I'm amazed Kane was silly enough to sign that last contract. It handed control of his career to the most stubborn man in football.

croadyman

Honestly I think he'd rather keep Kane until the contract ran out. I'm amazed Kane was silly enough to sign that last contract. It handed control of his career to the most stubborn man in football.
I wish he would because want a shot at signing him next summer but Bayern aren't going away

croadyman

He could just say no. They can't actually force anything. The only threat is that Kane might down tools and that's not likely to happen.
Look if he chooses someone else then ok but at least give yourself that chance Harry

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Priorities change , as simple as that. You can stay at Spurs and get rotten or move to a better club . City isn't feasible now but if United have a spot and they are on the rise, then why not ?

Accept it mate, Kane has pretty much ruined his career (trophy wise) by committing to Spurs. He is probably better than Lewa from a talent wise but look at them now. It's not even a discussion. So whatever he had 2 years back isn't what he has now. Things change
I don't disagree about trophies, nor is this a Spurs vs United thing. It's simply a matter of facts - Levy won't sell to a PL club. Period. You can argue it's illogical or it's not in Kane's best interests etc. Whether you're right or wrong doesn't change the fact: Levy won't sell to a PL club.

Kane also won't push for the move. He's a year away from walking for free and leaving a club hero. There's almost no reason to burn that entirely to the ground just to leave for United a single year earlier. It just simply will not happen. He loves the club and won't do it. If he was going to down tools, push for a move, etc. it would have already happened. Instead he's shown up for training as usual and is doing well.

As a spurs supporter I think Bayern is becoming more and more likely. The club thought they might be able to entice him towards a new deal but he's firmly saying no. More and more leaks are now coming out about players we might sign should Kane leave - that wasn't happening before even when the rumours were swirling. I think so long as Bayern makes a big enough offer he'll end up there.

For Man Utd you have to hope that big Bayern offer doesn't come and he joins you on a free next year. A completely likely scenario in my eyes but he won't be sold to you. Not now and not in January, it simply will not happen.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I think DDG wrote his own death certificate with his performance in the Cup final. Was the final straw for ETH.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

If you want to go with a picture of Lewandowski and his Bayern trophies, I have a better one for you.

dinostar77

Kane to us this summer is conpletely dead in the water. Otherwise we wouldnt be spending €60-€70mil;on hojllund.

It comes down to whether levy will sell him this summer, which would be pure profit for spurs as hes homegrown for ffp rules or get nothing for him next summer (he can sign a pre-contract on jan 1st 2024 with foreign teans).

I think levys ego will win out.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

These things are not comparable. Winning a PL title - for a team who'd never won it in their history (albeit they pretty much bought it at the time) is an undeniably massive accomplishment. Winning a major tournament at international level is a massive achievement.

Winning a league title outside of England for a team who've won 11 in a row and are 95% likely to win it again without you? Would Kane really be able to look back and feel like he contributed greatly to that success?

I would also argue that a lot of people probably forget Shearer has a PL winners medal and he's much more appreciated for being the record scorer and a club legend.

cpleigh

Supports
Everton
Who cares about a bundesliga though? pacifictheme from redcafe? A PL title is obviously not the same.
He's only winning a PL title with either city or arsenal. As a neutral I have no problem saying this....

Utd are miles away from it. Plus it's not just a bundesliga (like that means nothing anyway) but Bayern start the CL as the top 3 faves every season and would prob be the top fave with Kane and the Korean CB, and on a family point ... Munich is an amazing place to live and raise a family.

pacifictheme

These things are not comparable. Winning a PL title - for a team who'd never won it in their history (albeit they pretty much bought it at the time) is an undeniably massive accomplishment. Winning a major tournament at international level is a massive achievement.

Winning a league title outside of England for a team who've won 11 in a row and are 95% likely to win it again without you? Would Kane really be able to look back and feel like he contributed greatly to that success?

I would also argue that a lot of people probably forget Shearer has a PL winners medal and he's much more appreciated for being the record scorer and a club legend.
Like I said, he just wants to win something.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't think it's down to whether we can outbid Bayern. It's purely down to Kane. Does he want to go to Germany, or (see out his contract at Spurs and) stay in the PL.

Sadly, I agree with those who say Levy won't sell him to us but, of course, once Kane is out of contract, he has no say in the matter. Kane won't be short of PL suitors this time next year (including us, I would hazard a guess)