Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

red.knight

If the sums were reasonable then maybe but if the money he is reported to be looking for is correct, around 500k then it's far, far too much. It would destroy the dressing room spirit that ETH has worked to rebuild. That might have been slightly less insane if clubs were not being asked to pay around 100m for a 30-year-old on top of that.
There's no question he would be a great signing but paying record sums for players in their 30s is the opposite of what we want to be doing.
I personally think Kane signing would be a game changer for Utd. I genuinely believe Harry Kane can make United title challengers. The transfer money is crazy but if United sold Van de Beek for 15 to 20 million, Maguire for 20 million, Fred for 20 million, Alex Telles 4 million, Antony Elanga 15 million and Mctomminay 20m, there we would have 95 to 100 million for Kane, and an extra 20 million in our budget from the 120 million that was made available after purchasing Mount and Onana. Pay 100 million upfront and 10 million with add on and get what we need so badly. Levy would be stupid to refuse that kind of money.

Haaland is allegedly earning around 900K, Neymar and Lewandowski are on 650K. God knows how much Mbappe is earning. 500K for Kane is not insane all things considered.

aeh1991

You gotta consider why he is keen to join Bayern. They are the only really interested team that could afford him atm. If there is any chance we can offer them a sneaky bid and Spurs would be willing to sell him to us (which is highly unlikely), I am pretty sure he would fancy a move to Old Trafford, because English players know what it means to play here, about the history of the club and he must also be aware of the project ETH has been building. He's got lots of national team mates like Shaw, Rashy or Mount. And on top he could break the Shearer record. With Kane I am confident that we would compete for the title, even though with smaller chances than City. So we could wait and see if Levy would change his mind, but that would probably mean we could lose Hojlund. So I guess we will go the safe way and get Hojlund and not waste our time with another blockbuster transfer saga that could end up losing Kane to Bayern.

OrcaFat

The signing of Kane will financially hamstring United's ability to finance future transfers, just like De Gea did. We have to have a long term plan and slowly build up our team. We won't become League champions the next two years and then Kane is already 32 years old on astronomical wages. Why the hurry?

Arsenal signing Kane would greatly improve their title aspirations to be fair, because they are almost at the end of the rebuilding process. Not United, not us.
I think we are a top striker away from challenging. Arsenal were “a million miles away” before last season. We’ve added quality at GK and CM already. Why rush? Answer = we have to. Our competition strengthens at least as fast as we do. You want to wait until Case and Varane are spent? We have to bloody get on with it.

LordSpud

I don’t understand this perspective. We have top quality everywhere except RB and CF. Kane would get us in a position to challenge. Depth is a little weak in some positions, I’ll give you that, but still, we can get very close if we get a productive striker.
Weird take isn't it. Stick Kane is the team last season and he adds another 20 or so goals. Scored in the right games, that's taking us past Arsenal and pretty close to City.

And the team is already better for this season.

Lights Out

Tell that to Bayern fans, or Germans. That winning Bundesliga means nothing.
Yes, but Harry Kane isn’t German?

I bet if you gave him the choice, he would take 1 PL title and the goalscoring record over 5 Bundesligas in the next 5 years

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
Erm it’s not a joke, because it’s the Premier League - the toughest and most watched league in world football. Not some farmers league like the Bundesliga.

It’s nonsense when people say he will go to Bayern because it’s guaranteed to win him trophies. They’re not the type of trophies he will want to win.
Isn't the premier league the farmers league of City?

And it's amazing how you know what Kane really wants to win, better than Kane himself, considering he has agreed terms with Bayern already and given them his word.

UpWithRivers

People smoking crack not wanting Kane. World class strikers are available every what? 10/15 years? There is only a handful right now - Haaland, Kane, Mbappe, Lewa and Benzema don't count because they are almost done. Then you get to the tier below - Oshimen etc. Then potential below that - Ramos, Hojlund etc. The odds are small that any will reach the levels of Kane, Mbappe, Haaland. On the market for the first time 2 of them are available and we dont want them!? We have waited over a decade for a top striker thats not old as fk. Just get him.

Lights Out

We won't challenge for the title this season nor the season after. We're a team in progress, Kane won't make us title challengers.
That’s rubbish.

We will have majorly underachieved if we are not challenging for the title in the 24/25 season. Especially if we sign someone like Kane.

Red00012

How? We will look to sell all of those players this window. Martial, Bailly, Elanga and Henderson are all rumoured to be set to leave. I know it’s a really odd concept selling players but other clubs seem to do it.
We are not signing both Hojlund and Kane like I said it’s not FM

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They do though - not exactly at 30 per se, but soon after that. And it's only natural.

RVP, Zlatan had the big injury, don't know Benzema's stats, but he looked out of it in a few games I saw last season.
Benzema won the balon d'or at 34 so not exactly the best point of reference, also there's Lewandowski who probably would have won it at 31 and would go on to be Europe's top scorer for the next 2 so there's certainly outliers, assuming keeping your from into your 30s doesn't become the norm in the foreseeable future.

CG1010

I was joking mate.

Tbh I don't think Hojlund would fancy the idea to come here and being a backup with some odd game here and there. At the current stage of his career he must play regularly. Then it's unlikely we'd have the money for both. So we gotta pick one. For me Kane is simply a no brainer.
I agree, it has to be one striker and yes if Kane is available we go for him obviously.

Lyng

We won't challenge for the title this season nor the season after. We're a team in progress, Kane won't make us title challengers.

Sure, with Kane we will do well in the cups and getting that top 4 spot, but with a transfer fee around 100m and his salary over 300k for a player who turns 30 in July, I'd rather sign an up-and-coming striker.
I have to disagree with this. Much like RvP when he joined, Kane would instantly make us challengers. What our time needs is goals and Kane gives us that in spades. Look at how much he scored last season for Spurs, and we are a much better team.
I am a big fan of Rasmus and truly believe he will become someone special, but if we could get Kane now we should absolutely do it. I just dont think we can.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
If we had got either Zlatan or Cavani when they were 30, I'd be over the moon. Get it done Woody...

L1nk

I mean, i don't think he'll join either but people really need to stop posting shite sources like this.
They aren't.

Ducker changing his tune this morning from last night that we aren't likely to be back in for him

CG1010

Sure, with Kane we will do well in the cups and getting that top 4 spot, but with a transfer fee around 100m and his salary over 300k for a player who turns 30 in July, I'd rather sign an up-and-coming striker.
I feel we would become a title challenger with Kane, in that we can aim for 90 points. Actually winning it also depends on the kind of season others have.

Real Name

World class player makes you a challenger.

SATA

I think we have come too far to abandon the Hojlund deal and then go for Kane. United have probably promised Hojlund that we’ll buy him and be prepared for a United move

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think we have come too far to abandon the Hojlund deal and then go for Kane. United have probably promised Hojlund that we’ll buy him and be prepared for a United move
What's the point of a promise if the selling club quotes unrealistic prices. Hojlund should force a move if he's that keen.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Kane would transform us in title challenger.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Erm it’s not a joke, because it’s the Premier League - the toughest and most watched league in world football. Not some farmers league like the Bundesliga.

It’s nonsense when people say he will go to Bayern because it’s guaranteed to win him trophies. They’re not the type of trophies he will want to win.
They offer the best chance at CL since City doesn't need him and Real is saving up for Mbappe.

SATA

What's the point of a promise if the selling club quotes unrealistic prices. Hojlund should force a move if he's that keen.
It’s negotiations, very common in the business world. Chelsea and Inter were also quoting prices for Mount and Onana that United didn’t want to pay but eventually all parties came to a compromise

Tarrou

I like the stance here if the reports are true.. we need to stop being taken for a ride

Woody would be chomping at the bit to throw 120m at Spurs this summer, the little bollocks

he'd probably be leaking stories left right and centre about it

padzilla

Hipster
There's no question Kane would be a great signing, Fergie would have bought him ages ago for example. However, the sums involved are utterly insane given his age.

plex

Benzema and Lewandowski are 35/36 years old and they still deliver. Kane is on the same level, hence I'd say he's still good for at least 3-4 more years - which is a long time in football business (ofc provided that Kane doesn't suffer a serious injury).
£100M might be a lot for a player who's almost 30 with one year left on his contract, but this is how supply and demands works nowadays.. .

Orange Tree

For the right price, sure.

Kane has won feck all to be worth the touted wage. This is Sanchez all over again.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes, but Harry Kane isn’t German?

I bet if you gave him the choice, he would take 1 PL title and the goalscoring record over 5 Bundesligas in the next 5 years
How do you know?