Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Stupidest footballer. He simply wasted all these years in Spurs by signing the last contract and the one thing(highest PL goal scorer) which will make him a legend of his country for next few decades he is going to miss by not waiting for one more year.
He should have simply said to levy that he either transfers to one of top 4 clubs in England this summer or he will leave to them in a free next summer.
agree

Loon

:lol:
He was never going to get Jimmy Greaves’ record anyway and having to live with Levy since the City thing, I don’t blame him for getting out of such a toxic atmosphere.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm surprised he's gone to Bayern. Never thought he'd leave England as he doesn't come across as the cosmopolitan type. Nevertheless, I hope he keeps an open mind and enjoy the fantastic city of Munich. Plus he's going to a great club and will win trophies.

croadyman

Also I'm super-excited to see Kane play for Bayern. I've been looking forward to his big move ever since Spurs started going downhill almost immediately after Kane signed most of his peak away (I was gutted when I first heard about that contract). Even as a club neutral, I did hope his big switch would be within the PL - I am an Englishman and patriot, ultimately - but PL clubs didn't move hard or fast enough for whatever reason (even though it was obvious that when Kane became available, some big, big clubs would come knocking -- as they did). But Kane and Bayern are a good fit, worthy of each other. And I think Kane is one of maybe two or three players in the world who could fill Lewa's boots.
No it wasn't that Utd didn't move fast enough at all,more to do with zero encouragement from his camp. Levy would have demanded around £120m for him, oh and the fact we had other issues to address too is another reason we walked

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Please say you aren't gonna follow this up with why didn't we just pay the extra £14m
I won't say that no, but are there any official statements about Levy's claim of not selling him to a direct Premier League rival, or is it just something we are all repeating with nothing to prove it.

Supports
England
No it wasn't that Utd didn't move fast enough at all,more to do with zero encouragement from his camp. Levy would have demanded around £120m for him, oh and the fact we had other issues to address too is another reason we walked
I think you might've read into a subtext that wasn't there. I wasn't calling out United. I just thought it was a shame that not a single one of the PL's huge clubs could engineer a move for him.

Who the hell knows what really goes in the background? In the last week alone, the media first reported that Kane was leaning towards staying at Spurs (even though it made no sense in terms of the events we know happened, like the meeting between Kane and Tuchel) AND then that Levy had screwed Poste over by leaving the transfer so late (when it turns out he's been planning for it all summer). The football media is so unreliable that we really know extremely little (and they can make up what they want because football is trivial enough that they aren't given responsibilities to correct or retract dodgy stories).

croadyman

I think you might've read into a subtext that wasn't there. I wasn't calling out United. I just thought it was a shame that not a single one of the PL's huge clubs could engineer a move for him.

Who the hell knows what really goes in the background? In the last week alone, the media first reported that Kane was leaning towards staying at Spurs (even though it made no sense in terms of the events we know happened, like the meeting between Kane and Tuchel) AND then that Levy had screwed Poste over by leaving the transfer so late (when it turns out he's been planning for it all summer). The football media is so unreliable that we really know extremely little (and they can make up what they want because football is trivial enough that they aren't given responsibilities to correct or retract dodgy stories).
We would have been in a much stronger position to chuck the money around for him and other key positions IF those leeches running us fecked off earlier in the year but sadly it never happened

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He reminds me of Matt Damon from Good Will Hunting, working away in his construction hat. Sure, you do what makes you happy, but you cannot argue two things - one, people would kill to have that kind of skill to fulfill their ambitions, and two - he has truly wasted his entire career with nothing to show for it.

He could have stayed at Spurs his entire career, but he is NOT a one club man.
He could have pulled his club through single handedly in clutch games, but he did NOT win anything with Spurs even at their best.
Similarly, he could have led England through to some memorable silverware, but again he has NOT won anything with England even with brilliant players around him.
He could have moved to any other PL club, but he will NOT be the PL's top scorer.
He could have taken the money route out, but he tied himseld down to a sub-par long term contract, and did NOT monetize his skills.
He will NOT be the reason Bayern win anything, even if they do their usual Bundesliga round up. Just a passenger.

He is essentially a nothing man who had a lot of potential and chose not to do anything with it, hated and abused by his own boyhood club's fans if Fighting Cock is anything to go by. Good to watch if you turn the TV on once in a while, and that's about it.

He could have joined City if he'd forced it, and won their first treble. He could have joined United under ETH or Chelsea under Poch if he wanted to, again, but chose the easiest route out with Bayern. He has essentially wasted away his prime years at the whim of an egotistical billionaire who player him like a fiddle. Levy did right by his own right - Kane let him. Good for him if it made him happy, but it'll be a user study on how NOT to spend your career.

Given all this, I think both Chelsea and United fans should be glad they did not spend a fortune on signing a player who has no mettle or ambition around him, even with the numbers. What a tragic disappointment of a career.

croadyman

He reminds me of Matt Damon from Good Will Hunting, working away in his construction hat. Sure, you do what makes you happy, but you cannot argue two things - one, people would kill to have that kind of skill to fulfill their ambitions, and two - he has truly wasted his entire career with nothing to show for it.

He could have pulled his club through single handedly in clutch games, but he did NOT win anything with Spurs even at their best.
Similarly, he could have led England through to some memorable silverware, but again he has NOT won anything with England even with brilliant players around him.
He could have moved to any other PL club, but he will NOT be the PL's top scorer.
He could have taken the money route out, but he tied himseld down to a sub-par long term contract, and did NOT monetize his skills.
He will NOT be the reason Bayern win anything, even if they do their usual Bundesliga round up. Just a passenger.

He is essentially a nothing man who had a lot of potential and chose not to do anything with it, hated and abused by his own boyhood club's fans if Fighting Cock is anything to go by. Good to watch if you turn the TV on once in a while, and that's about it.

He could have joined City if he'd forced it, and won their first treble. He could have joined United under ETH or Chelsea under Poch if he wanted to, again, but chose the easiest route out with Bayern. He has essentially wasted away his prime years at the whim of an egotistical billionaire who player him like a fiddle. Levy did right by his own right - Kane let him. Good for him if it made him happy, but it'll be a user study on how NOT to spend your career.

Given all this, I think both Chelsea and United fans should be glad they did not spend a fortune on signing a player who has no mettle or ambition around him, even with the numbers. What a tragic disappointment of a career.
Blimey that's a bit harsh on him

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's potentially a great german speaker. Always thought german is the language for him.

CG1010

ETH was quite clear today that they chose Hojlund over Kane. I think we should all calm down and let history judge whether we made the right call.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Stupidest footballer. He simply wasted all these years in Spurs by signing the last contract and the one thing(highest PL goal scorer) which will make him a legend of his country for next few decades he is going to miss by not waiting for one more year.
He should have simply said to levy that he either transfers to one of top 4 clubs in England this summer or he will leave to them in a free next summer.
PL record will just be a 30 years record anyway. He will never beat Jimmy Greaves one, and he could end his career by winning 0 trophy, 0!. And even he gets his PL record, it would likely be smashed by Haaland in 6-7 years time.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He's the greatest striker they've had, and gives his entire career to the club, signs a long term contract fecking himself in the process. He turns down City, United, and all chances at silverware in this duration. When he eventually leaves at 30 with a year left, he leaves for non-domestic rivals with a 100m transfer fee by uncharacteristically dragging out Bayern through a saga at Levy's bidding. He does this at the cost of inconveniencing his own bedding into a new team, and having to move his pregnant wife and very young familty to a new country at short notice.

And this is his legacy at the club (Fighting Cock over the last 24 hours itself)

Isn't Kane complicit in the failures of the team, especially in the last 10 years or so?

3 finals he failed to turn up.
was kind of hoping Harry would try to feck Levy/ENIC over and stay 1 more year so our incompetent owners wouldn't be able to get their money

Try to figure out how to do that without fecking the club. Supposed Spurs fans gloating exactly the way our rivals would about becoming less competitive . I guess this is going to separate Harry Kane Fanboys from THFC supporters.
Auf Wiedersehen.
He ain’t ours any more so why would we sing that? He wanted to win trophies for us fans if that were true he’d still be here - he wants to will trophies because twats like Neville and Carragher keep telling him to be considered a great you have to win trophies
I'm just gonna get this outta my system, and leave it here.
feck off Harry Kane... You're no Spurs fan, or else you woulda stayed...

Enjoy your soulless, guaranteed German trophy....

Shame you didn't do it here when we needed you most.

THERE, I'VE SAID IT!

Disagree all you want... I'm done.
Hopefully also hear many rousing renditions of "Harry Kane......He's one of our own". . From our fantastic away fans on Sunday

he's not though is he? He's whored himself to city a couple of years ago. Any one signing that is a Muppet
It's a weird new reflex but I see his face now and my brain thinks he's scum .

I don't actually think he is really, he's a great servant. And he was never gonna win a thing at spurs so don't blame him. Also good that he took this move rather than leave on a free.
But still...that face is looking awfully punchable now to me
if his behaviour around the Neville show and City have never transpired, I would be distraught. But Harry showed his hand then. Don’t get me wrong he put in very good performances post the City Bollocks, but my personal feelings towards him would always be marred by that episode.
Levy can't make Kane sign a contract with anyone. Levy doesn't get to decide whether Kane left for free or not, that was Kane's decision, he had all the leverage here. He only needed to wait until January to sign with whatever club he wanted to.
Call me cynical all you want, but I always had a hard time believing any player when they say they are a "Spurs fan" or a fan of any club they are at, if you were a true fan, you wouldn't leave of your own volition.
I don’t know. He wasn’t this shy when he was flirting with City on the golf course.

And saying if a deal can be agreed he’d want to move, doesn’t seem to me to weaken our position. The deal would still have to be agreed.

He knew he wanted to go, as did the club, as did Bayern. I don’t expect us to say anything, Bayern said everything, but Kane keeping quiet doesn’t sit well with me.
I personally hope he wins feck all and we go on to succeed without him.
If/when Kane looks back at his Spurs career, I hope he is honest enough to accept he did not quite have it when it mattered in the biggest games.
to me he just some prick who plays for Bayern
Same sort of selfish attitude he showed when he forced Poch to play him injured in the CL Final.
Leopard does not change its spots.
he's dead to me now, fecking red shirt wanker...
What a crushing disappointment. I thought we were smarter and more aspirational than this, but we're not. Levy has fecked us and Harry has fecked his legacy.

I don't hate Harry for it, but he can still get fecked. What a stupid fecking move. Honestly. And what a time to do it. I hope when the season finishes and he's collecting their obligatory silverware that the rags run that story "Kane loses virginity to prostitute" to really take the shine off that plastic cup. Twats!

I had a metric feck-ton of gifs, too. Now they are wasted. feck off.
How can you tell me he's not a fool.

croadyman

He's the greatest striker they've had, and gives his entire career to the club, signs a long term contract fecking himself in the process. He turns down City, United, and all chances at silverware in this duration. When he eventually leaves at 30 with a year left, he leaves for non-domestic rivals with a 100m transfer fee by uncharacteristically dragging out Bayern through a saga at Levy's bidding. He does this at the cost of inconveniencing his own bedding into a new team, and having to move his pregnant wife and very young familty to a new country at short notice.

And this is his legacy at the club (Fighting Cock over the last 24 hours itself)

How can you tell me he's not a fool.
Ouch they have proper turned on him

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

:lol:

Get a fecking grip.

Reyoji-Utd

He let Levy pretty much doing what he wants and try to be that loyal player to the club (image)...ect. i dont know why, with all the resources and advisors he has, miss all the chances to take him out of Spurs sooner. Why wait untill now (late window, uproot your young family and pregnant wife) to sign it.

At the end of the day, if he dont win the CL or Cups with England the next 4 or 5 years, he'll pretty much lose out all the regconition he seeks and probably have to come back to England and be with Spurs to try to get the last thing that can help make him memorable with fans. Winning Bundi trophy with Bayern doesnt do it any good for him just like Neymar did with PSG (cause most dont care/watch only couple matches a year from those league).

Lyng

I am sure Harry will love it there. He has a perfect personality to be loved by the Bayern fans and he will probably win a Champions League.
I would have loved having him with us but sadly that didn't happen.
Hope Rasmus hits the ground running.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's potentially a great german speaker. Always thought german is the language for him.
For sure!

"Ja, nein, selbstverständlich! Ich träume davon ein geheiligtes Bayern #9 Shirt zu besitzen seit ich ein kleiner Junge war. Ich bin unserem Ziel gewidmet und werde alles dafür geben, dass wir erfolgreich sind. Lasst uns triumphieren!"

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Signed and could make his debut tonight in the super cup, 7.45pm KO vs RB Leipzig. He has to be officially registered by 2pm today to be available.

Would be extremely funny if he wins a trophy in his first match at Bayern.

ArjenIsM3

For sure!

"Ja, nein, selbstverständlich! Ich träume davon ein geheiligtes Bayern #9 Shirt zu besitzen seit ich ein kleiner Junge war. Ich bin unserem Ziel gewidmet und werde alles dafür geben, dass wir erfolgreich sind. Lasst uns triumphieren!"
I'd much rather he yelled something along the lines of "don't mention the war" during his unveiling

UpWithRivers

I agree he's a fool but I don't think he had many options. I don't think United were in for him and Real want Mbappe so that leaves no one else once you remove the rival teams -Arsenal / Chelsea. It was Bayern or stay put. If he did stay till Summer he still would have the same options. The top teams have strikers or are targeting other alternatives. Where would he go?

Ludens the Red

He let Levy pretty much doing what he wants and try to be that loyal player to the club (image)...ect. i dont know why, with all the resources and advisors he has, miss all the chances to take him out of Spurs sooner. Why wait untill now (late window, uproot your young family and pregnant wife) to sign it.

At the end of the day, if he dont win the CL or Cups with England the next 4 or 5 years, he'll pretty much lose out all the regconition he seeks and probably have to come back to England and be with Spurs to try to get the last thing that can help make him memorable with fans. Winning Bundi trophy with Bayern doesnt do it any good for him just like Neymar did with PSG (cause most dont care/watch only couple matches a year from those league).
It’s actually insane how he let Levy bend him over like that. How there were no clauses in that contract is beyond me. Kane held all the leverage when negotiating the new deal. Should have had a non cl release clause active, a final year of contract clause whatever to any club. It’s insane that even in him leaving the club it is basically Levy forcing him to join bayern. Don’t get me wrong Bayern are a giant club and he’s got a chance of winning trophies but there’s no doubt Kane’s number one desire would have been to stay in England and play for either ourselves, city or Liverpool and take that record. And he fecked it up by letting that weasel dictate terms to him. He should fire his agent.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
For sure!

Thats during the first conference. 3 games in and he'll be saying stuffs like "War mein Ziel, ich schwöre beim Haus meiner Oma".

rajds89

I agree he's a fool but I don't think he had many options. I don't think United were in for him and Real want Mbappe so that leaves no one else once you remove the rival teams -Arsenal / Chelsea. It was Bayern or stay put. If he did stay till Summer he still would have the same options. The top teams have strikers or are targeting other alternatives. Where would he go?
I’m assuming you’re asking where would he go next season on a free? If so, then I could have seen us absolutely going in for him. Whilst we all hope Rasmus will be a hit over the years to come, the chances are he isn’t putting up Kane numbers over the next couple of years (if ever) and in fact, who better for Rasmus to learn from for a few seasons. That chance has now past though and thanks to Levy, not only Spurs but the premier league is losing one of its best players to a farmers league.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
So what stage is the caf at atm? Moved from "he'll never join us" to "we can hijack it" to "he's not even good enough for us, we should play Hojlund" yet?

padzilla

Hipster
Bayern win the CL once every decade, not sure that cycle will synch with Kane's tenure there?

izec

So what stage is the caf at atm? Moved from "he'll never join us" to "we can hijack it" to "he's not even good enough for us, we should play Hojlund" yet?
We never were in for him. We made the decision to go for Hojlund a while ago and sticked with it. Kane was never a possibility, same as Mbappe. We briefed this as well.

Some on here would get their pants wet if we would go for Ronaldo again.