Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I was serious about it, you're right. It wasn't meant to be a brag about the strength of the PL or anything though, I actually really dislike any kind of dominance in football that is based simply on having more money than the opposition whether that be a team or a league.

Bayern outspend all the other clubs in the BL and it becomes pretty dull watching a fight for second every season, the PL teams have too much money and it leads to the likes of Villa and Spurs being able to poach players from one of the top teams in Germany and weakening the league even further. To make it even worse you have the state funded City who over the past decade have signed the best striker from the BL as well as the best midfielder and probably the best defender. City are also turning the PL into a fight for second thanks to their financial superiority over a long period of time and it becomes pretty boring to watch as well as there is no real drama involved.

Kane could score 10 goals or 60 in the league this season, but we all know deep down that Bayern will still walk the league regardless. Now that might satisfy Kane as he has never won a trophy before, but Bayern fans and the board probably wouldn't even consider that a real success anymore which is actually quite sad when you think about it.
None of this has anything to do with what you wrote and what the poster took offence to.
You wrote: "... it's actually pretty unlikely that any of the other German teams would finish in the top half in the PL..."

ShinjiNinja26

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really dont know sometimes if some posts are just meant to wind people up or if theyre actually serious.

Also, didnt Haaland score like 3 or 4 hattricks for City last year? Didnt he break the goal record in his first season in the Premier League while he could never win the golden boot in Germany?
Had he been playing for the best team in Germany I’m sure he’d easily have done the same there.

Tyrion

Germany is basically England if United still had Ferguson but you got rid of Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Its easier to win the title there but the best of the rest there would still get into the top half of England. They'd just be nowhere near the title.

If the leagues were somehow combined, I'd say City would be 1st, then Bayern, then 4 or 5 English teams then a mix of both from then on.

JogaBonitoRooney

Germany is basically England if United still had Ferguson but you got rid of Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Its easier to win the title there but the best of the rest there would still get into the top half of England. They'd just be nowhere near the title.

If the leagues were somehow combined, I'd say City would be 1st, then Bayern, then 4 or 5 English teams then a mix of both from then on.
The next 4 or 5 English teams are not comfortably better than Dortmund, Leverkusen, Leipzig. I'm assuming you mean Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Had he been playing for the best team in Germany I’m sure he’d easily have done the same there.
You mean like Mane took the Bundesliga by storm when he came from Liverpool, having scored loads of goals there for years?

Its almost like there are many more factors that contribute to a player succeeding in a certain team that go far beyond the league theyre playing in.

ShinjiNinja26

You mean like Mane took the Bundesliga by storm when he came from Liverpool, having scored loads of goals there for years?

Its almost like there are many more factors that contribute to a player succeeding in a certain team that go far beyond the league theyre playing in.
What’s that got to do with anything I said? Haaland was already banging them in at Dortmund who aren’t the best team in the league. Had he been playing for Bayern who are clearly the best team in the league I’m sure he would’ve won a golden boot in Germany as they’d be creating even more chances for him.

Tyrion

The next 4 or 5 English teams are not comfortably better than Dortmund, Leverkusen, Leipzig. I'm assuming you mean Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, and
Yep I do. If you were to have a combined top 5 from both leagues, it would be Bayern and 4 English teams.

Liverpool, City and Chelsea have all won the Champions League with Spurs making the final in recent years. No German team that wasn't Bayern got close to the final and none will for the foreseeable future.

Dortmund loses their best player every year. There's 4 or 5 teams in the PL that can keep theirs for several years.

antk

Yep I do. If you were to have a combined top 5 from both leagues, it would be Bayern and 4 English teams.

Liverpool, City and Chelsea have all won the Champions League with Spurs making the final in recent years. No German team that wasn't Bayern got close to the final and none will for the foreseeable future.

Dortmund loses their best player every year. There's 4 or 5 teams in the PL that can keep theirs for several years.
Leipzig got to a semifinal in 2020.

Tyrion

Leipzig got to a semifinal in 2020.
I had forgotten that. Honestly I forgot most of the champions league that year because it was behind close doors and pretty boring. I just checked and it does seem like it was a one off. Since then they've mostly been hammered by English teams.

troylocker

I had forgotten that. Honestly I forgot most of the champions league that year because it was behind close doors and pretty boring. I just checked and it does seem like it was a one off. Since then they've mostly been hammered by English teams.
They got out of the group stage the next season on our expense the very next season as well.

German teams against English teams in the CL the last 4 seasons:
10 wins, 4 draws and 11 losses

Take Bayern and City out of it and you got:
4 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses
As if Spurs' final and Chelsea's win weren't one offs too.

The PL is stronger than the Bundesliga, but gap between the top teams is not as big as you'd think.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
One thing that would massively benefit German clubs in a hypothetical "they'd finish in X place in England" is the sudden explosion in revenues. Give Dortmund or Leipzig an extra 100-200 million in annual revenue and they'd probably become a force, or at least another club in the mix for European placement.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
My mate suggested today how hilarious it would be if Spurs won the league this year after him leaving.

I did the the amusing side of it.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That has to be one of the best goals from extreme long range that I have ever seen. No goalkeeper slipping, no ball bouncing before the line, but from your own half directly under the crossbar.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That has to be one of the best goals from extreme long range that I have ever seen. No goalkeeper slipping, no ball bouncing before the line, but from your own half directly under the crossbar.
Exactly what I thought. Usually there is some element of calamity involved for the opponent. But this one was just pure class. Perfect shot.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I've warmed to Kane the past few years. Everyone expected him to score a lot of goals in the Bundesliga, but it's going to be very interesting to watch him in the CL when the KO stages roll round.

What is classed as Kane's best ever season in terms of performances, if not pure G&A numbers? Could he top it this term - or better to say: how is he performing there outside of scoring lots?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Pretty much a perfect long range goal.

From his own half, into what look like pinpoint middle of the goal, and to a height/power that might have still gone in if the keeper was in his own box.

Red Rash

Can't help but think what could have been if Kane moved to a top club 4-5 years ago.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I've warmed to Kane the past few years. Everyone expected him to score a lot of goals in the Bundesliga, but it's going to be very interesting to watch him in the CL when the KO stages roll round.

What is classed as Kane's best ever season in terms of performances, if not pure G&A numbers? Could he top it this term - or better to say: how is he performing there outside of scoring lots?
I think he is doing quite well overall. I think he needed a bit to realize that he actually isn't needed to do everything on his own but is allowed to and actually should focus on being a striker - he did get to involved with the buildup at times. Unlike Tottenham Bayern don't need or expect him to make the play, they signed him to score the huge amount of wasted chances they had last season, so in a way you can say that this season should be measured in G+A for him, as the rest doesn't actually matter much.

Zen

On the same pace as Lewandowski's 41 goal record haul so far.... big difference in that Kane wasn't years into the setup and system. It's the easiest option he could have taken, but he's doing everything right to make it a big success regardless, even from an individual point of view.

Bobski

Sad indictment of the modern game that it takes a guy who has been one of the best in his position for years going to a huge club to get the respect he deserves. He is going to score a ton, and hoover up trophies in his spell there, and it will be much easier to accomplish than the challenges he had at Spurs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sad indictment of the modern game that it takes a guy who has been one of the best in his position for years going to a huge club to get the respect he deserves. He is going to score a ton, and hoover up trophies in his spell there, and it will be much easier to accomplish than the challenges he had at Spurs.
Ignore the caf, he was one of the most praised players in the mainstream media

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think he is doing quite well overall. I think he needed a bit to realize that he actually isn't needed to do everything on his own but is allowed to and actually should focus on being a striker - he did get to involved with the buildup at times. Unlike Tottenham Bayern don't need or expect him to make the play, they signed him to score the huge amount of wasted chances they had last season, so in a way you can say that this season should be measured in G+A for him, as the rest doesn't actually matter much.
Fair reply. Makes sense, too. Great to have a player who can switch it up if needed, or stay high in a disciplined manner as instructed.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Yeah he seems an alright sort. The only thing I didn't like was him making a back for players and getting away with it.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I dont think it is pettiness to not wanting to sell to a team you are in the league with?
That's one point, and another is that Kane himself signed that contract that gave Levy this leverage. Had he really wanted to move away from Spurs earlier he wouldn't have signed that (or he was just stupid, but either way it's Kane's fault).