Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

el3mel

This makes City's market a little bit shit. They didn't solve their biggest problem and Grealish feels like a luxury signing rather than a necessary one.

Bwuk

City have clearly said they won't match what Levy wants.

I doubt Kane will be happy at all.

Redfrog

Not if City decide to go for Haaland next summer because he’s half the price of Kane it isn’t, I’d rather City get Kane so we get a free run of all the English clubs at Haaland.
I am sure Haaland would not come here anyway… He rejected us once already…I would be happy if I was wrong.

BorisManUtd

Kane is fantastic player but rejecting a 150m offer for him is a mistake imo. With that amount of money you get to buy 2-3 quality players and improve the squad and actually go in some new direction with new manager.

Djemba-Djemba

Gotta admire City when they get their business done as quickly as this..
:lol:

I cannot imagine the abuse Utd would be getting if we spent 100m on a player we really didn't need, dicked about all summer unsure of whether or not we should fix the glaring hole in our squad then the target eventually rejected us for taking too long and not paying what was needed.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Kane is fantastic player but rejecting a 150m offer for him is a mistake imo. With that amount of money you get to buy 2-3 quality players and improve the squad and actually go in some new direction with new manager.
Il be honest I don't think any real bids were made, I think they were more enquires.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
There's no replacement for a 25-30 goal a season striker though. They are very few and far between. Yeah they could invest it elsewhere but when you lose all those goals, you're fecked.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
City are in trouble IMO.
Yep. Managing to win the league once with someone like Gundogan as your top scorer on 12 goals is remarkable. Doing it two seasons back to back seems very unlikely.

Unless Sterling returns to his peak 20 goal season goalscoring or someone like Torres really kicks on, I don't see where the goals will come from.

Brophs

The One and Only
Gabriel Jesus is going to get those weird, slightly-too-tactile post match tactical briefings every week, isn’t he? Poor bastard.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Always knew these nasty rumours about him wanting to leave were wrong. Captain. Leader. Loyal legend.

Pogba should take notes on how to show public commitment instead of letting his agent do the talking.

Redlyn

So St Harry figured he would be the first to announce the transfer was dead hoping it can help him to save face.

Dazzmondo

Completely disagree. People thought the same when Spurs sold Bale and the recruitment that season was terrible and they were clearly far worse despite going with the exact same approach you suggested (even more in fact, I think they brought in 5 players). Kane's irreplaceable, simple as that.

The Firestarter

:lol:

I cannot imagine the abuse Utd would be getting if we spent 100m on a player we really didn't need, dicked about all summer unsure of whether or not we should fix the glaring hole in our squad then the target eventually rejected us for taking too long and not paying what was needed.
Yeah we only signed a 45M player we didn't really need.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It became obvious about a fortnight ago that he wasn't going. It was too late in the transfer window for Spurs to do anything with the money and replace him with one or two players, and it seems like City wasn't THAT fussed about getting him.

I think everyone and their mother knows that's the only reason he's staying. Don't think it's out of any loyalty to his club.