Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

mu4c_20le

This was the window. Don't think they'll get another offer as big as that. Levy better hope he hits the ground running or he'll look like an absolute idiot.

GueRed

If we had a world class CF like Kane we'd jump from top 4 to genuine contenders for the title.

Oh well, not surprised with the unambitious owners like the Glazers..

At least City dont get their man and Arsenal will end up 7th at best or something again.

Pep's Suit

Wonder if this means City try again next summer or go for Haaland.
Hard to say but next summer City will have to finally replace Fernandinho and very likely one of Laporte/Ake will leave plus also at least one of Sterling/Torres/Jesus/Mahrez. So maybe three important signings + ST next summer, that's hardly ideal.

TsuWave

Then we will probably get Kane.
This would be horrible. Guy is nearing 30, declining athleticism, injury issues. Still a good player, but I would not like him to be the direction we go

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
You seem genuinely annoyed that Kane didn't leave Spurs to strengthen one of your direct rivals.
I'm annoyed at the complete waste of a career a player that talented will go on to have. I also love watching Levy get lauded as some sort of incredible businessman when it's clear as day he isn't.

Cloud7

Committed to the cause at Spurs because no other club was willing to stump up the transfer fee for him. Very honorable, Harry.

AgentSmith

Feel like people are overstating Kane’s age a tad in relation to Spurs’ assessment of what he’s worth. He’s literally just turned 28 and is coming off, arguably, his most impressive season ever - top goal scorer and top assister in the league while playing in a disjointed team managed by Jose Mourinho and Ryan Mason.

Pogba and Maguire are both 4 months older. Varane is 3 months older. Kane’s even basically just a year older than Bruno (13 months).

Lukaku is 2 months older, and many levels below Kane, and he’s moved this summer for just over a £100 million. Spurs would be crazy to entertain a conversation without a firm bid of £150 million given that precedent and the fact it’s essentially a Petrostate bidding for him.

His injuries do present a genuine concern given they’re persistent ankle issues but he only missed about 2 weeks worth of fixtures last season and played well over 60 games in total. His game isn’t predicated on speed or explosiveness either.

I think Spurs’ approach is justified given everything Kane means to the club and the fact they don’t seem to have received an offer commensurate with his quality. Levy’s made innumerable shitty decisions over the last few years but this isn’t one.

Speako

It’s comedy gold.

Harry sits at home having a beer with his mates at the end of the season, says “I’m definately leaving after the euros boys!”
“How do you know ‘Arry?”
“I’ve got a gentleman’s agreement with Daniel Levy”

whole room facepalms, two lads walk off, one throws a cushion at his head, three rip up betting slips.

PeteManic

Embarrassing. From having your brother as your agent dealing with your contract to relying on a verbal agreement with Levy of all people to doing a dodgy interview with Gary Neville to going AWOL. Laugh out fecking loud.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Props to Levy for keeping the league competitive.
I hope City go into the season with only Jesus.

jackal&hyde

The saint did not get his way then and neither did the English media. A good day.

Last edited:

largelyworried

I love the way he implies that he's staying because of the messages of support without actually saying it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Embarrassing. From having your brother as your agent dealing with your contract to relying on a verbal agreement with Levy of all people to doing a dodgy interview with Gary Neville to going AWOL. Laugh out fecking loud.
Kane would really struggle to come out of this looking like any more of an absolute weapon than he already has.

Judas

Open to offers
Levy is a tough nut to crack.

I hope the Spurs fans turn on Kane as it'll be funny, but they won't they'll be praising him even though its obvious he wanted out.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Everyone came out looking a fool from this.
Harry and his brother complete idiots. Gullible, erratic, both braindead with no plan behind their actions. Ruined his reputation as a professional for magic beans. Put in transfer request if you’re ruining your reputation anyway, no balls on that boy.

Levy a lying snake who lost €150M for spiting his own face. Who can trust his word again? Players beware.

Guardiola and City muppets and a Pep Guardiola is my idol; cant win CL without an extra 250M addition to the most expensive squad ever build.

Irwin99

Have a feeling he might be at United next season and then will probably get injured a lot :rolleyes: though he might as well just stay and beat the Spurs goal scoring record at this point.

Wonder if this means City will spend the 100+ million bid money this summer? :nervous:

Deery

Dreary
Can’t see this year being a good one for Kane, hard to play in a team you don’t want to and if he stops producing the fans will be on his back.

Andersons Dietician

Come on city don’t give up you can do this. Get her done to remove temptation for us and take yourselves out of the running for Haaland.

PeteManic

I wonder what we’ll all be saying when he turns up at United for £150m next season while Haaland turns up at City for half that?

jackal&hyde

Have a feeling he might be at United next season and then will probably get injured a lot :rolleyes: though he might as well just stay and beat the Spurs goal scoring record at this point.

Wonder if this means City will spend the 100+ million bid money this summer? :nervous:
No way are we buying what will be a 29yo with serious injury record for over 100mil. The English press will push for it though.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This would be horrible. Guy is nearing 30, declining athleticism, injury issues. Still a good player, but I would not like him to be the direction we go
He played 50 games last season for club and Country which is 9 more than Haaland but sure, let's just make up a lazy narrative just because he's 29.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Said it a few times, City should have stuck 150m down soon as Euros ended as a starter, if rejected, throw another 5-10m and offer a makeweight. Grealish should never have been signed first.

Soon as you pay 100 for grealish, release clause or not, you're showing that you believe he is worth it. Levy was never accepting anything close to 100m once he seen grealish go for the same price.

City fecked right up. Utterly hilarious though watching the sad cases on bluemoon who claim to be ITK, being wrong again ! Also kind of pathetic of them to call Kane names just because he wants to stay now.

Last edited:

TheLord

Doesn’t benefit United one bit. Mbappe will end up in Madrid, and with Chelsea out of contention, no one can outbid City for Haaland.