Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was basically Emile Heskey today. Good first touch, and some good flicks on, but zero goal threat, nowhere near the position he should be in, and looked like he could barely move.

Dan_F

Not one mention by any pundits that Kane is hurting spurs system and he needs to be dropped?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They should have sold him in the summer. Just as Barca should have sold Messi to City last summer. Huge +100m mistakes. And for Spurs a sporting mistake too it seems. They could have built afresh with a new manager having money to spend and augment the first XI.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If these coaches really cared about him they would see the signs and leave him out of Europa League Conference games and these next England games.

Have some sense. He looked out in his feet today and needs a prolonged break.

gza the genius

His performance was just as bad as Pogba on his worst day but he doesn't really seem to get any criticism at all. He's definitely making Spurs worse right now but the media will focus on Pogba and Ronaldo.

Devil may care

He reminds me of Wayne Rooney during his decline at United.
Interesting comparison, he looked shot out there tonight, it might just be that his heart isn't in but this many games in he should have shaken his transfer disappointment off by now.

Redfrog

If Pep is buying him next summer, he is just getting another midfielder.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Simply the wrong decision from all parties him staying there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was basically Emile Heskey today. Good first touch, and some good flicks on, but zero goal threat, nowhere near the position he should be in, and looked like he could barely move.
Emile Heskey shouldn't accept that kind of talk. Kane was worse than Heskey at his worst.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
So unproffesional. He clearly doesnt care anymore and is making millions every month. Unforgivable.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Think a new manager would probably revive the season for him, but long term spurs should be selling.

Wilt

He’s obviously downed tools and his value is plummeting.

Over to you Mr Levy.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Lot of self pity with him, I think, and I understand it to some extent. He gave them years and years of great performances and goals and may feel like they should respect his wishes to leave but you're the idiot who signed a 6 year contract, Harry.

He's finished. There have been signs it was coming for a couple of years. Physically he's lost his edge. Levy will regret not cashing out last summer.

T_Model101

£100m wasn't it? I think it was a fair offer considering Lukaku went for £80m - and Kane's injuries are quite a deterrent
Did they ever actually offer that in cash though?
Or just £30M + Jesus/La Porte/Sterling/Bernardo

Trophy Room

He’s done as a footballer physically. He’ll still score a few goals but will never be prolific again. He’ll continue to stagnate.

Oranges038

Laughably bad.

He looks like he's lost a lot of mobility, could be Shevcenko like drop off from really good fo really shit on less than a year.

Skills

Snitch
Did they ever actually offer that in cash though?
Or just £30M + Jesus/La Porte/Sterling/Bernardo
I mean that sounds like an even better deal than a £100m cash if they could've convinced any of them to join Spurs. You give Spurs money to spend, I don't think they have the ability to bring in players of that quality.

Now, some of the valuations are off but if they were willing to go to the table it would've been possible to get a good deal. But Levy set his flag on a 150m IIRC which city were never going to meet

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You would be a brave man to spend £100 million on him right now. It’s a big, big gamble. Could rest and some time off and motivation bring him back? Or is this a player with too many games in his legs?

It’s a tough call.

T_Model101

I mean that sounds like an even better deal than a £100m cash if they could've convinced any of them to join Spurs. You give Spurs money to spend, I don't think they have the ability to bring in players of that quality.

Now, some of the valuations are off but if they were willing to go to the table it would've been possible to get a good deal. But Levy set his flag on a 150m IIRC which city were never going to meet
You're right tbf
It's great fun to wonder who Spurs would have wasted that £100M on though :lol:

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
You would be a brave man to spend £100 million on him right now. It’s a big, big gamble. Could rest and some time off and motivation bring him back? Or is this a player with too many games in his legs?

It’s a tough call.
He's a player spent, he will do well at another club for a season or two at best but his days are limited.