Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Kane is just 28, the others were in their 30’s.

He’s not happy, his team is shit, his manager is shit, and he doesn’t want to be there, all this has caused a period of poor form, but to suggest a guy who scored 23 PL goals just last season is finished at 28 is premature to say the least.
Dude we all had a hard week. He is done. Please.. Let. It. Go.

arnie_ni

Maybe it's just me, but Kane was one of the few players actually trying to do anything Vs Italy, and I felt personally spurs were the better team in the CL final against Liverpool and were hard done by by in my opinion an extremely harsh penalty. Obviously just my opinion, I won't die on that hill as that's not the way things worked out and unfortunately the way things turned out meant that people can still use his lack of trophies against him.

But he usually has like 2-3 chances against the likes of City or Liverpool all game and scores 2-3 goals. That doesn't come across to me as a bottler - he's a ruthless goalscorer. Maybe teams are worse / make less chances with him in it, but his mentality has always seemed fine to me UP UNTIL THIS SEASON, and I think it's obvious why.
From a non England fan, kane was shocking in the euros.

Regarding the CL final, didn't pochettino get slated by everyone for bringing kane back in and him playing dreadful?

Brophs

The One and Only

So I said "Harry", I said, "do you see any fackin' gentlemen in here?" and to be fair to him, in fairness, he didn't even cry until he left my office. Nice little Thursday, really.

Abraxas

Yeah only the world cup semi final, European championship final, joint most tournament goals and generally smashes every underdog he plays (which isn't as easy as people seem to make out - Shearer couldn't.). He's been Englands best player for a long time now.

But agree he's not explosive in the way Ronaldo or Messi or Neymar or whoever is - incidentally, Ronaldo showed exactly the difference between them yesterday, goals out of absolutely nothing. But Kane would score a feckton of goals for Man City, Chelsea, or even ourselves (depending on your personal threshold for "feckton" I suppose, lol)
I am aware of his goalscoring record, that is a rather obvious point to make. I agree he'll be very good in a better team.

What I'm saying is he doesn't look brilliant for England, no way near as good as he did for Tottenham under Poch. England aren't the most enthralling side, he gets a limited amount of chances which he does take but then doesn't really feature much as the ball progression is so slow and he's not really one to produce brilliance on his own in terms of getting on the ball. A lot of the time he's clunky in that side.

Which is largely what we're seeing at Spurs with some added lack of motivation thrown in. Poor side, not getting much space or opportunity to link up and even fewer to score goals.

Siezard

Even Callum Wilson or Rashford can score against Italy if you just let each of them play 60 mins each instead of Kane playing for a full 120 min.

Blood Mage

Looks finished. Levy will regret not accepting City's bid for the rest of his life.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
His problem has always been that if he isn't scoring or setting up goals he doesn't really do anything else.

He's never been a hard worker. He's not a Cavani type who can have an ineffective game end product wise but still help the team with movement and work rate.

Even Ronaldo if you look at him yesterday. Take away the goal and assist and he's still playing as part of the unit . Kane just doesn't do this. It's always annoyed me watching him for England as he's essentially a professional level goal hanger.

Other players can have goal droughts and it's a problem but you can still have them in your team and produce a good team performance. Kane if he isn't giving you the end product is just a handicap for the team.

I still think he'll start scoring again at some point, but I'm not actually sure how he'd have fit in at city unless he was willing to work a lot harder. I can't imagine pep accepting one of his team putting half the work in of the rest. Can get away with it at Spurs where you're a level above 8-9 of the other outfield players. Not at city where you're one of the 8-9 at that level

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Kane is just 28, the others were in their 30’s.

He’s not happy, his team is shit, his manager is shit, and he doesn’t want to be there, all this has caused a period of poor form, but to suggest a guy who scored 23 PL goals just last season is finished at 28 is premature to say the least.
Sanchez and Rooney both declined a lot around age 28/29. Sánchez scored 24 goals one season and then was absolute shit for both Arsenal and United the following season. Kane won’t necessarily follow that path but it happens.

Siezard

There is no doubt that Kane is a professional and he will play as hard as he can. But he currently lacks motivations and is already falling into his comfort zone. He feels he cannot do anymore for the squad. He is not reinventing himself. He has lost the passion for his team.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
“Kane would win us the league but Ronaldo won’t” — what a load of bollocks!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

So I said "Harry", I said, "do you see any fackin' gentlemen in here?" and to be fair to him, in fairness, he didn't even cry until he left my office. Nice little Thursday, really.
A bit lost in translation, but you capture the essence.

CloneMC16

...are you guys expecting us to win the league?
I can't talk for them, but we'd be in a much worse position with the current Kane we're seeing than Ronaldo!

Kane reminds me of what we saw with Rooney in his late 20's.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
...are you guys expecting us to win the league?
It's less that, and more the idea that Kane suddenly propels us to title chasers, when Ronaldo doesn't.
Even though this Kane is a shadow of his former glories and Ronaldo is definitely not worse than Kane at least.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can't talk for them, but we'd be in a much worse position with the current Kane we're seeing than Ronaldo!

Kane reminds me of what we saw with Rooney in his late 20's.
You look at some of the goals Kane used to score and he'd have a turn of pace to get away from people.
I think the assists have seduced a lot of people into thinking the "dropping deep" Kane is a better player then the younger version.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Just so everybody is clear, not showing up when the manager expects you, not training, and the downing tools is coping with it well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There is no doubt that Kane is a professional and he will play as hard as he can. But he currently lacks motivations and is already falling into his comfort zone. He feels he cannot do anymore for the squad. He is not reinventing himself. He has lost the passion for his team.
Everything after your first sentence is a well structured argument as to why your first sentence is bollocks. Kudos.

R'hllor

He is a prick, those quotes above aint surprising, i mean this guy was swearing on daughters life that he had a last touch at a goal scored.

Cloud7

I used to just think he was a bit daft. From the quotes I’m hearing, he just seems really dislikable and arrogant now.
I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive. He comes across both as arrogant and dislikable, as well as an idiot :lol: Imagine swearing on your daughter’s life to the whole world that you scored a goal that literal objective evidence available to all shows that you didn’t.

Siezard

Everything after your first sentence is a well structured argument as to why your first sentence is bollocks. Kudos.
No. What i meant is Kane tried as hard as possible to be professional and does his best but he just lost the passion.

Without the passion, you are lethargic no matter how hard you try.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No. What i meant is Kane tried as hard as possible to be professional and does his best but he just lost the passion.

Without the passion, you are lethargic no matter how hard you try.
Nah that’s guff to be perfectly honest. He signed a 6 year contract and then turned around and expected to be able to walk away from it on his own terms, then when things didn’t go how he’d hoped he failed to report for training and down tools, and has proceeded to stink it up because he can’t be arsed anymore.

Nothing about that can be described as professional or always playing as hard as possible.

OleBoiii

:lol:

Mr. X is obviously not evil, but his morning routine consists of eating babies and kicking puppies.

Siezard

Nah that’s guff to be perfectly honest. He signed a 6 year contract and then turned around and expected to be able to walk away from it on his own terms, then when things didn’t go how he’d hoped he failed to report for training and down tools, and has proceeded to stink it up because he can’t be arsed anymore.

Nothing about that can be described as professional or always playing as hard as possible.
The media sensationalised everything. I am sure he took MC and everything is done without breaking the rules. Don't tell me you have never taken an MC while at work in your whole life?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The media sensationalised everything. I am sure he took MC and everything is done without breaking the rules. Don't tell me you have never taken an MC while at work in your whole life?
The media have done the exact opposite of sensationalising it, they’ve excused his behaviour and got the violins out for him. If Pogba had done the exact same thing he’d have been absolutely torn apart and Gary Neville would have had a heart attack and jizzed in his pants at the same time.

Kane has taken the piss. Big time. Oh and I’ve no idea what an MC is.

Cloud7

The media have done the exact opposite of sensationalising it, they’ve excused his behaviour and got the violins out for him. If Pogba had done the exact same thing he’d have been absolutely torn apart and Gary Neville would have had a heart attack and jizzed in his pants at the same time.

Kane has taken the piss. Big time. Oh and I’ve no idea what an MC is.
Never mind Pogba, look at the uproar that happened when Sterling dared to try to leave Liverpool. Kane gets a ridiculous amount of protection for things other players would be crucified for.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Never mind Pogba, look at the uproar that happened when Sterling dared to try to leave Liverpool. Kane gets a ridiculous amount of protection for things other players would be crucified for.
Aye Sterling has had years of horrendous treatment from the media, it’s disgusting.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He is a prick, those quotes above aint surprising, i mean this guy was swearing on daughters life that he had a last touch at a goal scored.
It was at this point he showed the world his true face - he guys an absolute bell of a man really.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive. He comes across both as arrogant and dislikable, as well as an idiot :lol: Imagine swearing on your daughter’s life to the whole world that you scored a goal that literal objective evidence available to all shows that you didn’t.
I can't imagine anyone being this wound up over a minor event. He claims a goal is equal to arrogant and dislikeable?

Cloud7

I can't imagine anyone being this wound up over a minor event. He claims a goal is equal to arrogant and dislikeable?
No that incident proves he’s an idiot. His overall persona and stuff he’s said over the years have made me think he’s arrogant and dislikable.