Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

croadyman

We signed a much less prolific, injury prone 29 year old in Robin van Persie and he won us the league.

Kane only turns 28 this summer, if he's available and wants to come its too big an opportunity to turn down.
Another question really needs to be what can we do or say that could turn his head away from City and working with Pep

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I can see it now.
Signs for us for 135m plus Martial, and first game of the season we start getting nervous that we've signed a fairly cumbersome slow guy who just wants to sit in the centre circle and spray balls wide. :lol: :nervous:

As his goals drop to single figures without pens, and being rotated with Cavani and Ings.
I love how you guys just throw Martial in every time thinking we would have any interest in him at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I love how you guys just throw Martial in every time thinking we would have any interest in him at all.
Without Kane, he'd be your star player. That's why. Plus rumours you were sniffing around previously.
I'd add Lingard too, he'd waltz in, or some other form of dance too.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
Agree with this bit but it's still a huge risk. If they get it wrong they'll be set back by at least 5-10 years. Barca did this with the Neymar money and I'm sure Spurs are more than capable of screwing up as well (remember the Bale money? Eriksen, Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue, Lamela Soldado -- all very highly rated back then)

EDIT

I guess my point was their rebuild will be a heck of a lot simpler if they can just keep Kane / Son together and invest a bit on RW, RB etc.
Well, they'll have to rebuild anyway, with or without Kane. And the reason we're even discussing it, is he wants out. So as painful as it may be, selling him for as much as possible while his value is still high may be the best option for them. This way at least they'll have a nice chunk of money to re-invest.

Son, by the way, is a year older than Kane, so who knows how long he's going to last at that level.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol: hilarious. thanks for that.
We will see.
Just enjoy the good times he'll bring, you can use our song too.

Just don't get too low at the frustrating times, although you're probably used to that in fairness :angel:

We signed a much less prolific, injury prone 29 year old in Robin van Persie and he won us the league.

Kane only turns 28 this summer, if he's available and wants to come its too big an opportunity to turn down.
Difference being that RVP came into a team that lost the league only on goal difference and won it a season before that. A team managed by Sir Alex Ferguson.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well it benefits Tottenham! As otherwise they drop like a stone.
Does it though? An unmotivated Kane who has been lied to by the club? Less money the following year, unsettled start for a new manager who can't really build much and has to plan around him, drama off pitch..

Nah it's a total mess.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does it though? An unmotivated Kane who has been lied to by the club? Less money the following year, unsettled start for a new manager who can't really build much and has to plan around him, drama off pitch..

Nah it's a total mess.
It's still "his" team, he still has his personal goal targets, and he's still on colossal money.
He's not the sulker type too, which is probably why he'll struggle to force his way out.

And critically, he still has 3 years left! So even next year it's not like his fee drops massively.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's still "his" team, he still has his personal goal targets, and he's still on colossal money.
He's not the sulker type too, which is probably why he'll struggle to force his way out.

And critically, he still has 3 years left! So even next year it's not like his fee drops massively.
So you don't see the issues it creates for a new manager?

lilcurt

Difference being that RVP came into a team that lost the league only on goal difference and won it a season before that. A team managed by Sir Alex Ferguson.
I think this point is so often glossed over but those who think with Kane we can win the league. We haven't even challenged for the league in 8 years, we are more than a Kane away from winning it. If we could get Kane, Rice & Varane that would in my mind put us in the running but ultimately it will never happen.

We need to build the layers of the cake (defence and centre mid) before we put on the icing and cherry.

croadyman

I think this point is so often glossed over but those who think with Kane we can win the league. We haven't even challenged for the league in 8 years, we are more than a Kane away from winning it. If we could get Kane, Rice & Varane that would in my mind put us in the running but ultimately it will never happen.

We need to build the layers of the cake (defence and centre mid) before we put on the icing and cherry.
Yeah that is very sensible thinking but will admit I do get a bit blinded on this one and it clouds my judgement

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
:lol:

Yeah, and in everybody else's team. This seems to be some sort of side-effect of him scoring lots of goals in actual football.
Back to the days of waiting for baldy's lineup. Is Kane starting or not

Can't take it. I will pass on him next year.

Tallis

Martial (50m) + Lingard (25m) + Dalot (15m) + Bailly (10m).

Can we sell these guys to fund Kane and then still sign Sancho ?

I know it’s just a dream.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So..not confident he is coming to United anymore :lol:

Looks like it will be City.

copen1945

It is odd that Kane himself has declared the price. Even for the likes of Pogba and Lukaku, they stayed clear of such acts of prostuting themselves. A mercenary like him is perfect for an oil club.

croadyman

Yeah don't think it matters who we offer in a deal he is set on going there much like Thiago with the scousers

Idxomer

City is his only option if he's going to stay in England and wants trophies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Back to the days of waiting for baldy's lineup. Is Kane starting or not

Can't take it. I will pass on him next year.
Fair enough, but this is part of the reason I only bothered with FPL for a couple of seasons. Everybody who's taking it halfway seriously already has Kane/Salah/Bruno in their team anyway, so you find yourself watching a Liverpool game and wanting Salah to score about 12 but Liverpool to somehow lose anyway... and it being zero sum because everybody else is getting those points as well.

Couldn't be arsed with wondering which of Abu Dhabi's 2x 50m players in every position are getting wheeled out this week on top of that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not in the slightest bit worried about the stand out team signing the stand out striker.

We've got Danny Ings coming :drool::drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Only seems like yesterday that Sanchez was in the same scenario. Everyone thought he'd be off to City.

Same with Fred and Maguire.

Ok Sanchez didn't work out, but that looked a given, and wasn't.

croadyman

Not in the slightest bit worried about the stand out team signing the stand out striker.

We've got Danny Ings coming :drool::drool:
Just don't think he is interested in joining us and sooner he goes then we can focus on the CB, RW & backup RB and yes much as some will mock it maybe Ings too so at least we can rotate Edi as still have a proper number 9

croadyman

We don’t know most of what’s going on. We don’t even know whether United are even going to try and buy him.

the reality is we know very little - so we can’t make any definitive conclusions.
Think they have already tried and have a feeling his reps have told us he only wants City, hate to say it we may have already explored it when we weren't sure if Edi was staying and so Ole pushed for him to stay on for another season

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Martial (50m) + Lingard (25m) + Dalot (15m) + Bailly (10m).

Can we sell these guys to fund Kane and then still sign Sancho ?

I know it’s just a dream.
Sadly I don't think Martial has much value at all. He is on 250k a week - Who is going to stump up a juicy fee plus those wages?
He will be at United until his contract expires just like Phil Jones.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We don’t know most of what’s going on. We don’t even know whether United are even going to try and buy him.

the reality is we know very little - so we can’t make any definitive conclusions.
Exactly this.
When was the last time we actually lost out to City for a player we were both in for?
We're not the push overs many would have you believe.

croadyman

You're just always negative it seems. No one else wanted Thiago so was a strange comment to make.
Just being realistic about the situation and only used him to emphasise a point of a player only wanted a certain team