Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sadly I don't think Martial has much value at all. He is on 250k a week - Who is going to stump up a juicy fee plus those wages?
He will be at United until his contract expires just like Phil Jones.
How has Martial dropped in people's minds from quality striker, to Phil Jones-esque burden!?

cyberman

How has Martial dropped in people's minds from quality striker, to Phil Jones-esque burden!?
Because our fanbase has a bad habit of thinking every player is shit if they cant carry us to a title.
Every player we want to get rid of is tipped to go on a free or for a pittance simply because fans dont think they are good enough for Utd.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here's what we currently know about Kane's situation:
  • Kane wants to leave Spurs
    • Kane, however, has yet to formally request a transfer out of the club
  • United and City are both interested in the player
    • City will start talks with Spurs for Kane
  • A while back, on England duty, Kane talked to the City players about living and playing in Manchester (not Manchester City in particular)
From this, we can conclude that Kane has a decent chance of leaving this summer for one of the Manchester clubs. So far, City are ahead of United as they will be talking to Spurs about Kane. There's no indication that Kane will definitely be sold this summer let alone be sold to City.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Because our fanbase has a bad habit of thinking every player is shit if they cant carry us to a title.
Every player we want to get rid of is tipped to go on a free or for a pittance simply because fans dont think they are good enough for Utd.
Every player we want to get rid of is tipped to go on a free or for a pittance simply because we've historically been shit at selling players for anything more. We've never looked likely to get anything like Liverpool do for the dross they sell to lower table sides (Hoever 14m, Brewster 23m, Solanke 20m, Danny fecking Ward 13m etc etc).

cyberman

Every player we want to get rid of is tipped to go on a free or for a pittance simply because we've historically been shit at selling players for anything more. We've never looked likely to get anything like Liverpool do for the dross they sell to lower table sides (Hoever 14m, Brewster 23m, Solanke 20m, Danny fecking Ward 13m etc etc).
Its not based on what we think we can get, its their opinion of the player themselves. Who will take him based on A B and C etc.
Lukaku was off to some no mark team for a massive loss at one stage

ShinjiNinja26

Every player we want to get rid of is tipped to go on a free or for a pittance simply because we've historically been shit at selling players for anything more. We've never looked likely to get anything like Liverpool do for the dross they sell to lower table sides (Hoever 14m, Brewster 23m, Solanke 20m, Danny fecking Ward 13m etc.
I think this is largely down to the fact we tend to give players ludicrous contracts and therefore have to sell players on the cheap to compensate for the huge wages they’re on.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Ridiculous they've sold 2 young strikers who have like 2 pl goals between them for over 40 mil

V.O.

I think this is largely down to the fact we tend to give players ludicrous contracts and therefore have to sell players on the cheap to compensate for the huge wages they’re on.
I think that's largely the case, unfortunately it seems to likely apply for Martial as well (especially if the speculation about him being on less than Kane is true, or even close to true). For quite a while now it seems we've been setting wages at a rate based on the player we hope they might be one day rather than the player they actually are.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
k
  • A while back, on England duty, Kane talked to the City players about living and playing in Manchester (not Manchester City in particular)
From this, we can conclude that Kane has a decent chance of leaving this summer for one of the Manchester clubs. So far, City are ahead of United as they will be talking to Spurs about Kane. There's no indication that Kane will definitely be sold this summer let alone be sold to City.
Love the optimism :D

He's a fantastic player and would score +20 goals a season for us too. But I do wonder if he's the type of striker we need now that he drops deeper and seems to occupy the role Bruno does. I'm sure it's workable and I definitely wouldn't say no, but I think a fast #9 (#9 meaning not Martial, Rashford, fast meaning not Cavani, and kind of not Greenwood) would be ideal for us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Given what we know about Levy and his transfer dealings with clubs he considers league rivals, do you really think City or United stand a chance of landing him?

Levy will undoubtedly push for a move outside the prem, and if Kane truly wants to leave the club while he still has some stock, he'll play ball with his chairman.

V.O.

Given what we know about Levy and his transfer dealings with clubs he considers league rivals, do you really think City or United stand a chance of landing him?

Levy will undoubtedly push for a move outside the prem, and if Kane truly wants to leave the club while he still has some stock, he'll play ball with his chairman.
If he won't sell to a direct rival, Everton and West Ham will be gutted. :(

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Levy will undoubtedly push for a move outside the prem, and if Kane truly wants to leave the club while he still some stock, he'll play ball with his chairman.
Unless Kane hands in a transfer request, I struggle to see how either City or United will get him. Levy will stand firm and continue to demand a high transfer fee no matter what Kane will say to the media. This is before we consider whether Levy views both City and United as rivals for the title/top 4, which he can (more so at us, less so at City).

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Unless Kane hands in a transfer request, I struggle to see how either City or United will get him. Levy will stand firm and continue to demand a high transfer fee no matter what Kane will say to the media. This is before we consider whether Levy views both City and United as rivals for the title/top 4, which he can (more so at us, less so at City).
Yeah, that's basically my feelings on the matter.

I don't think we stand a chance of getting him, but that won't stop me buying into the nonsense tweets thrown at us on a daily basis.

"City make a move for Kane. United are monitoring the situation".

"City close in on Kane. United continue to monitor the situation".

"City agree a fee with Spurs for Kane. Yep, United are still monitoring the situation. Although plans to move to a more advanced monitoring stage is almost underway"

"City sign Kane. United are monit... bollox".

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I don't think we stand a chance of getting him, but that won't stop me buying into the nonsense tweets thrown at us on a daily basis.

"City agree a fee with Spurs for Kane. Yep, United are still monitoring the situation. Although plans to move to a more advanced monitoring stage is almost underway"

Yeah, it will get tiresome, but you know...supply and demand...As long as there are United fans asking about Kane, the media will continue to put our name alongside him.

USREDEVIL

Thank you. I don't need to watch the reports now as it would be redundant. He's going to city if anywhere.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Unless he kicks up a stink I personally think he will get a mega pay rise and a contract extension. He is very likely to be underpaid compared to other top players in the Premiership.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Unless he kicks up a stink I personally think he will get a mega pay rise and a contract extension. He is very likely to be underpaid compared to other top players in the Premiership.
That's a fair shout. Kane's very, very loyal to Spurs, and I can see him trading off trophies for a massive pay rise to go along with a long contract extension.

just like with Sanchez. Our fans are so fragile

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Mega pay rise and a release clause that kicks in if certain clauses aren't met? Or are there no release clauses in English football? Didn't Kante have a release clause at Leicester, come to think of it?

marktan

Goldfish memories, mostly. It's like last season never happened. Same reason why even as recently as 2019 most of this forum thought Shaw needed to be sold.

R.e Kane he's class and would improve us, but unfortunately we have other more pressing issues other than a £100m+ striker. It's a shame because it feels like we're continually in a catch-up race with City ever since Van Gaal sold half our good squad - ideally we would already have a good Rw option, a good attacking RB, a DM etc to match the squad depth City have. If we did, then signing Kane would be great, but unfortunately we need to prioritise how we spend currently on the other positions.

-Supreme-

It'd be another poor decision by Levy if he insists on not selling to PL 'rivals', this is followed by many others that he could have got rid for decent sums with the likes of Rose, Dier, Alderweireld, Modric, etc.

Spurs won't win any trophies or get top 4 with or without Kane, they should take what they can from his sale and re-invest into the squad.

It'd be a wise move for Spurs to follow Leicester's / Dortmund's transfer strategies by bringing in up and coming young talents when top clubs can't afford to give these kids time to develop on the pitch.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's because most of our 'fans' would call for supporting the lads while simultaneously look for any small excuse to shit on players they don't like, usually foreign ones.

Then you have the strange case of McT and James who are patently not good enough but are still 'young' and have 'talent' or something dumb like this.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Stop bringing up Martial.

He's moody, in terrible form and on high wages.

we have just extended Cavani and as shit as Martial has been Ole clearly rates him. Martial is going nowhere.

flappyjay

Case in point Jesse Lingard

crossy1686

career ending
I think it's more to do with Martial being absolutely shit this season and Cavani, at the age of 34, showing us all what a real striker looks like.

LoneStar

I think this point is so often glossed over but those who think with Kane we can win the league. We haven't even challenged for the league in 8 years, we are more than a Kane away from winning it. If we could get Kane, Rice & Varane that would in my mind put us in the running but ultimately it will never happen.

We need to build the layers of the cake (defence and centre mid) before we put on the icing and cherry.
At what point will this get over though? We have been saying this for the past couple of years, most of our players are coming to their prime, and there won't be a striker like Kane coming every season, it's now or never.