Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pep has proven to be a very flexible coach. Remember people saying Aguero wasn't his type of striker either.
aguero wasn’t his type or striker, he dropped him regularly and played jesus over him until he ran more.

the simple fact is aguero is just so much better at scoring goals that it trumps anything else pep actually looks for. football is about goals after all.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Kane is very frustrated and is desperate to leave Spurs, that's quite obvious. He knows he may never win anything with Spurs, and he is guaranteed silverware at City. He is almost 28, and £100m is a very decent opening bid. A bit of bargaining might raise the deal to 110m. Levy is better off grabbing the cash and rebuilding than forcing an unhappy player to stay.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Withnail

Strike time then..? Hard to get out any other way.

Or more like he should sack his agent.. Totally moronic to enter in to a gentleman's agreement with Levy. Get a release clause in the contract or refuse to sign it. WTF were they smoking?
Yeah that was a ridiculous contract to sign.

He'll have to kick up a stink if this offer is true won't he? Flipping tables, wrecking Levy's office, refusing to play, claiming he's a slave...

The Purley King

Would make it interesting in the england camp if Kane is going to city and Sterling been offered as part of the deal going to spurs
Spurs would not offer Sterling anything remotely similar in terms of wages. Have to remember that whatever Sterling earns officially will be bolstered by at least 50% extra under the table. There is a reason no City players in their prime have moved on to other teams........

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The City offer is almost certainly true and rumours are Kane knew he would join City for a while... Only way the deal gets done within current financial constraints will indeed be Kane coming out and putting whatever agreement he has with Levy in public slamming Levy and Spurs, saying Levy isn't honoring the deal etc.

Could get ugly which is maybe partly why he's not playing too well at Euros. If Kane wants a shot at the biggest trophies he doesn't have much choice.

Ludens the Red

The City offer is almost certainly true and rumours are Kane knew he would join City for a while... Only way the deal gets done within current financial constraints will indeed be Kane coming out and putting whatever agreement he has with Levy in public slamming Levy and Spurs, saying Levy isn't honoring the deal etc.

Could get ugly which is maybe partly why he's not playing too well at Euros. If Kane wants a shot at the biggest trophies he doesn't have much choice.
Can’t be true. City don’t and would never spend 100 million on a player. Max 60 mill. They’re not a club who throw money around, they do things proper like.

marktan

Can’t be true. City don’t and would never spend 100 million on a player. Max 60 mill. They’re not a club who throw money around, they do things proper like.
Which works when you're buying defenders at £50m a pop, because no one wants to spend £50m on a defender. But who is the last good attacker Pep's signed? Good luck getting a top striker for 60m.

marktan

Will be interesting to see how high City go and how firm Spurs hold. The £85m bid currently won't get close, but I suspect either around £130m in cash or £100m + a player would get it done.

A risky transfer for both sides in my opinion, because Spurs might sign dross as replacements, and who knows how long Kane's body will hold up if he went to City.

Rolaholic

Wouldn't believe a word coming out of Peps mouth even if I were his father :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Spurs would be mad to turn down 120m plus whatever scraps from city are willing to join them. You can do a lot of damage with that money in this market. They need a rebuild - they’re achieving feck all with Kane anyway as we’ve seen.

OleBoiii

So have I got this right:

- Kane signed a new contract a few years back but made a gentleman's agreement with Levy that he would not stop him from leaving at a later stage even if there's many years left in the contract.
- A few years passed and Kane is finally ready to leave.
- Levy demands a ridiculous amount of money, hence essentially blocking Kane from leaving.
- Kane is soon 28 years old and has 3 years left on his contract. He's therefore understandably terrified that his time as a footballer is running out as he wants to be the main man of a team that wins big trophies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If the offer is 85 rising to 100, plus the opportunity to buy Jesus, Sterling or Laporte id tell City to feck right off. Like saying heres 100m now spend it on our squad.
Jesus is shite. Sterling is not as good as Son. Laporte id take

See how much they really want Kane. If i was levy id say 120m, no add ons, plus a player.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They are already small. Do you want them to be microscopic ? Who will watch them ? It’s hard enough to get emptihad full…
The remaining fans will just support Chelsea, Liverpool or maybe even us. We'd have dozens of new fans!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Smart money still has to be on him starting the season at Tottenham.

Levy never lets a player out of his club for anything less than an astronomical fee, and £100m won't cut it.

If Kane thinks his "gentleman's agreement" is worth anything, he's even less smart than anyone thought.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only in May this year, Guardiola said ‘The club could not spend £100m on one player for financial reasons’. Not sure anyone believes a word that falls out of his mouth anymore. Levy will do a deal for £130m but £100m will be the published fee for UEFA’s benefit.
No-one ever did believe him mate.
Same as when Klopp said similar sh"te before going mad on the keeper and Van Dyke.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pep has proven to be a very flexible coach. Remember people saying Aguero wasn't his type of striker either.
Aguero that he clearly didn't fancy at first, never seemed 100% keen on, and has just binned off?
Not like he's finished either, going to Barcelona in the summer!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Strike time then..? Hard to get out any other way.

Or more like he should sack his agent.. Totally moronic to enter in to a gentleman's agreement with Levy. Get a release clause in the contract or refuse to sign it. WTF were they smoking?
Didn't Suarez have a release clause in his contract, and even then Liverpool somehow skanked out of allowing it?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm not surprised 100m has been turned down but I do wonder what the magic number is, 150? 200?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't Suarez have a release clause in his contract, and even then Liverpool somehow skanked out of allowing it?
Yes, because need to go to court to enforce it. Suarez didn't really want go to Arsenal so no need to kick up a fuss.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, because need to go to court to enforce it. Suarez didn't really want go to Arsenal so no need to kick up a fuss.
But if it's in a contract how hard can it be to enforce?
But yes, you're correct on the second bit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not surprised 100m has been turned down but I do wonder what the magic number is, 150? 200?
It's Levy, so 150m probably.

Which would be true insanity, for a player who can have a 3month ankle lay off at any point.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Smart money still has to be on him starting the season at Tottenham.

Levy never lets a player out of his club for anything less than an astronomical fee, and £100m won't cut it.

If Kane thinks his "gentleman's agreement" is worth anything, he's even less smart than anyone thought.
City away at Spurs.

choccy77

Yeah that was a ridiculous contract to sign.

He'll have to kick up a stink if this offer is true won't he? Flipping tables, wrecking Levy's office, refusing to play, claiming he's a slave...
Levy will hold out as long as possible, but the truth is, Spurs are in dire financial trouble and they need to sell Kane so i'd say Man City offering £100m would be a take it or leave it deal, no one else realistically can or will offer that much in this climate currently, not Us nor Chelsea.

I can see £110m being realistic, but Levy for sure will put his own ego ahead of anything else, including doing a deal after Spurs play City.

Jericholyte2

Wouldn't believe a word coming out of Peps mouth even if I were his father :lol:
I remember the days when José was the chequebook manager and Pepe was ‘the maker of stars’!!! How many years has he had to mould Sterling in to one of the most feared wide forwards in the world?