Harry Kane MBE | Performances

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah first one was great. I’m talking about the 2nd one, I’m sure the mental gymnastics was immense
Yeah of course, but my point is if he took the same approach for the second one, Lloris isn't saving it either way. But I'm sure them being club team mates played on his mind

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s an incredible footballer. His hold up play and passing is hugely underrated. It just sticks to him. Even without the goals he brings he’d be a brilliant footballer. I think he just genuinely froze in the moment - looked an odd run-up.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
I think Harry would have known more about Lloris than the other way around in the 2nd pen situation. Club strikers and gk’s generally have good communication and share tips on how to beat opponents.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you’ve got the balls to step up and take both of them in such a high pressure situation I don’t think you should ever be overly criticised. It happens.

There was so much “will he go the same way, will Lloris know that?” That I was hoping he’d just go straight down the middle.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
He’s an incredible footballer. His hold up play and passing is hugely underrated. It just sticks to him. Even without the goals he brings he’d be a brilliant footballer. I think he just genuinely froze in the moment - looked an odd run-up.
You are spot on. Only thing to add is that he should never have been asked to take the second penalty. He had already scored against his teammate once and carried the burden. It's rough taking two penalties in one game, even more so if you take in account the circumstances. The second should have been scored by Henderson or someone else.

cyberman

Would love to know where you plucked that gem from. This season he has scored 2 penalties in the league and scored 10 goals in open play so far. Vast majority of his goals are from open play for club and country.
For England. 1 out of his 2 goals came from pens in this tournament while missing another. Close your eyes and picture another good Kane chance apart from those three instances. The Lloris save yesterday and…?

3-3 v Germany a few months ago? Pen
1-1 v same opposition? Pen
3 recent games v Italy with no pen awards? Zero goals
2 games v Hungary with no pen awards? Zero goals
Same with Ivory Coast (although a sub)
V Swiss scored via pen

Stop me when I present too many gems here

Scores 4 v San Marino, well done it’s San Marino but still..2 pens!

Scored hat trick v Albania
Scored v Andorra…pen
Scored v Hungary

That’s me back to Final v Italy now. So it’s either don’t score from open play for two years or hope they face Albania every week. Two years is an eternity in football never mind international football and in those two years Kane goal threat from open play has disappeared

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Like Waddle, Baggio, Ramos and others the pressure got to Kane. England had the better of the game, problem was mentality, as usual.

The Oracle

Kane on his NFL hopes:
“The main one is maybe looking at the option of playing in the NFL one day. That would be a bucket list, a dream come true.”

10th December 2022
Scores a field goal and sends England (his own team) packing from the World Cup

Concentrate on the here and now Harry!

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Not sure he did it as excessively as before but although lauded much I never thought it that helpful for his game when he drops very deep (and very often too) into midfield - at least for England.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seriously, during the VAR check I was cursing Théo and had already added Kane's goal. There isn't a lot of players that I trust more for penalties or even 1v1 than Kane.
I am still cursing him (a lot less tbh). The stupidity of that foul is crazy. Mount was never reaching that ball

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure he did it as excessively as before but although lauded much I never thought it that helpful for his game when he drops very deep (and very often too) into midfield - at least for England.
Yeah I agree with this. It hinders the deployment of a proper number 10.

As good as he is I’d sooner he kept himself a few yards higher up the pitch.

Lee565

He would be great in a deeper role as either a second striker or attacking midfielder, he rarely gets disposed in possession, he has great vision and does have it in his locker to score from far out, we have sort of seen at spurs when he was feeding son in to score from a deep position.

Considering how comfortable Richarlison looked for brazil as a striker I wonder if conte will try kane playing a little deeper with Richarlison as the main striker?

FujiVice

Kane's career decision making has to be the worst in the history of top flight football. Imagine what he'd have done with 10 other World Class players around him? He should have a room full of medals and trophies in his house.

Zen

Kane's career decision making has to be the worst in the history of top flight football. Imagine what he'd have done with 10 other World Class players around him? He should have a room full of medals and trophies in his house.
Nah, I have more respect for him being a one man club in his peak than pandering(though he did flirt with it) with the modern obsession that any player has to prove their worth by winning a lot of stuff. It's essentially forcing the ESL and you don't realize it.

He's massively responsible for Spurs and England being able to get to these heights. But you know.... doesn't matter. Ridiculous.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Nah, I have more respect for him being a one man club in his peak than pandering(though he did flirt with it) with the modern obsession that any player has to prove their worth by winning a lot of stuff. It's essentially forcing the ESL and you don't realize it.

He's massively responsible for Spurs and England being able to get to these heights. But you know.... doesn't matter. Ridiculous.
Yeah he's definitely there by choice.....

Lecland07

For England. 1 out of his 2 goals came from pens in this tournament while missing another. Close your eyes and picture another good Kane chance apart from those three instances. The Lloris save yesterday and…?

3-3 v Germany a few months ago? Pen
1-1 v same opposition? Pen
3 recent games v Italy with no pen awards? Zero goals
2 games v Hungary with no pen awards? Zero goals
Same with Ivory Coast (although a sub)
V Swiss scored via pen

Stop me when I present too many gems here

Scores 4 v San Marino, well done it’s San Marino but still..2 pens!

Scored hat trick v Albania
Scored v Andorra…pen
Scored v Hungary

That’s me back to Final v Italy now. So it’s either don’t score from open play for two years or hope they face Albania every week. Two years is an eternity in football never mind international football and in those two years Kane goal threat from open play has disappeared
It is not really surprising considering the playstyle of the team. For the majority of the time under Southgate, England have played two up top and have played extremely deep. It is not particularly conducive to making chances; it is probably the worst setup for it, in fact.

England don't play an AM in the whole time, either, and it is clearly part of the game plan that Kane will play that role, and so he has to drop deeper. It is just a bit of a stupid game plan, to be honest, that actually weakens our attack.

FujiVice

What heights? Spurs and England havent won anything. He's the footballing equivelant of a small business owner staying open during a recession. Good achievement, but you're not going to Magaluf with the family this year. You're conning yourself if you think this is a Matt Le Tissier/Alan Shearer thing where they choose to stay.

Jev

What heights? Spurs and England havent won anything. He's the footballing equivelant of a small business owner staying open during a recession. Good achievement, but you're not going to Magaluf with the family this year. You're conning yourself if you think this is a Matt Le Tissier/Alan Shearer thing where they choose to stay.
I'm confused. You criticized his career decisions (i.e. staying) and now you're saying it's not a case of him choosing to stay?

redshaw

Bet he'd like two tries on his Spurs contract. He'd probably need 3 tries though.

Valencia Shin Crosses

If you’ve got the balls to step up and take both of them in such a high pressure situation I don’t think you should ever be overly criticised. It happens.

There was so much “will he go the same way, will Lloris know that?” That I was hoping he’d just go straight down the middle.
I think attackers don’t go straight down the middle enough tbh. Keepers are almost never going to not dive to a side.

FujiVice

I'm confused. You criticized his career decisions (i.e. staying) and now you're saying it's not a case of him choosing to stay?
He's stuck in a contract. A contract based on bringing in the kind of players to help them with things. He shouldnt have signed it. His choice to believe in them is what I'm criticising.

Jev

He's stuck in a contract. A contract based on bringing in the kind of players to help them with things. He shouldnt have signed it. His choice to believe in them is what I'm criticising.
Well then it is a case of him choosing to stay?