Harry Kane to err Manchester United?! | articles based on 'flurry of bets' scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 5225

He's best as a wide player isn't he? I was under the impression his performances as an out an out striker were questionable at best. I certainly don't see him as a man who can lead the line, seems more a player in the Son mould, can play there if needed but not ideal. So we'd still basically be left with no actual strikers but better depth out wide.
FAO Martial fanboys, help me out here....

Bradley Leach

No. Not because I think he's worth that much (He isn't) but he's absolutely loved by the fans and we are nowhere even near capable of finding a better or even equal level of striker. Martial still has a lot of question marks over him and wouldn't be worth getting if it meant we lost our prized asset, and the money we got would probably at best buy us a far worse striker because (as I've said) other clubs would be fully aware we desperately needed a striker with such little time to go.

Selling Kane at this point in the window would be utter, utter madness... Levy is many things but he is not insane.
Now you say this but how many times have we all heard this before. Levy is insane, he runs a tight ship but hen he smells money he folds. show him the cash and he drops his pants faster than a £5 hooker.

He'd take us for every penny we have, but oh that front like of Sanchez, kane, Lukaku is the stuff of dreams.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mourinho signed Eto'o and Milito and played them in the same team. I'd say there's a 2.76% chance that he'll try something like that here. Lukaku is Mourinho's boy, so he won't do anything to unsettle him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Would be the most typical Fergie move ever - stuck for full-backs and wingers, let's just sign the best srtiker we can! Unfortunately we live in different times...

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
My theory is the Sun is a load of shite and Kane is going nowhere. It'd take a world record fee for Spurs to even consider selling
This, Kane wont look to move for a year or two, didnt he just sign a new 200k/week contract? Not to say I wouldnt have him. I dont think there is a club in world football who would say 'nahh, we dont need a 20-30 goals a year striker'

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I don't care that it won't work at all and that it's not gunna happen, this has made me laugh so fair play.

Defensive Jose could play an old fashioned 424 :lol:

Sanchez Lukaku Kane Rashford
Pogba Lingard
Young Lindelof Bailly Valencia
DDG

:lol:

Tiber

a thread based on paddy power, the star and express? lolz

sparx99

Yes, we should offer £200m + Martial for Toby A and Harry Kane. Then buy Gareth Bale for £120m as well.

Go 4-4-2 with

-------------De Gea-------------

Valencia--Bailly--Alderweireld--Shaw

Sanchez--Pogba--Matic-----Bale

------Kane----Lukaku-----

Sell Herrera, Darmian, Rojo, Jones.

Title and Champions League Winners 2018/19!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Any point making a thread based on The Sun, the mail and the express?

0le

Wouldn't surprise me if Woodward made the bet himself to stir up shit publicity as he negotiates for a toilet sponsor.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Now you say this but how many times have we all heard this before. Levy is insane, he runs a tight ship but hen he smells money he folds. show him the cash and he drops his pants faster than a £5 hooker.

He'd take us for every penny we have, but oh that front like of Sanchez, kane, Lukaku is the stuff of dreams.
Levy is a businessman. He makes decisions on this basis, I've criticised him a ton in the Spurs thread but he's clearly aiming to build a long term project at Spurs (whether that's to make us a cash cow or actually win stuff is the argument) so he's not about to sell our fan favourite/best player with a couple of weeks to go in the transfer window, leaving us with no decent strikers. He's not incompetent, he knows that any penny he took off you would be pretty quickly taken back when we tried to replace Kane.

Levy cashed in on the likes of Bale because we missed out on European football and we had already prepared by signing a bunch of replacements. He had a plan to deal with his loss, ended up being a poor one as the likes of Lamela and Soldado flopped, but it was still a plan. Spurs losing Kane now would be catastrophic for the club on a number of fronts and that is the last thing he wants.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Closing thread unless a better source pops up. Paddy Power isn't a valid source.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How the hell has this got five pages in like an hour? Paz you've been told before about making transfer threads with Daily Star, Express and The Sun as sources - we don't allow any of them in the actual transfer tweets thread.

If a better source reports then I'll reopen this thread. Until then it is shutters.

Other examples of journalists making articles based on 'flurry of bets' (spot what they have in common)

2015: Bale to United odds slashed after flurry of bets
2015: Pogba to Chelsea odds slashed after flurry of bets (featuring your much loved Daily Star)
2015: Schneiderlin to Arsenal odds slashed after flurry of bets
2015: Rodgers to QPR odds slashed after flurry of bets
2016: Rodgers to Swansea odds slashed after flurry of bets
2016: Draxler to United odds slashed after flurry of bets
2017: van Dijk to Everton odds slashed after flurry of bets (featuring your much loved Daily Star and Paddy Power)
2017: van Gaal to Everton odds slashed after flurry of bets (featuring your much loved The Sun)
2017: Ince to Middlesbrough odds slashed after flurry of bets (featuring your much loved Daily Star)
2017: Coleman to Rangers odds slashed after flurry of bets (featuring your much loved The Sun and Paddy Power)
2017: Nuno to Everton odds slashed after flurry of bets
2018: Bale to Spurs odds slashed after flurry of bets (featuring your much loved The Sun and Paddy Power)
2018: Tuchel to Arsenal odds slashed after flurry of bets
2018: Evans to United odds slashed after flurry of bets
2018: Ronaldo and Willian to United odds slashed after flurry of bets (featuring your much loved Paddy Power with regards a return to United for Ronaldo)

Status
Not open for further replies.