Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

Now we are talking. Kane should be our top target for the striker berth, together with Sanchez we would add some serious fire power to the squad

redflash

Serious question but why ous this thread half full of people ripping the source? I get this is unlikely to happen and the mirror is generally just made up but with the volume of threads on here which are just speculative what's the harm of letting there be a thread on 'arry even if it's started based on some likely nonsense from the mirror.

Would love to get him don't think it will happen, don't think levy would want to sell and I doubt we would put down the sort of money they'd need..... unless woody goes FULL WOODWARD and just walks into spurs board room, drops £150m on em and says I'm taking Harry. Lol

iportman

Kane is a United signing all over. In the past we would have already made this signing, but i think kane has unfinished business at spurs and won't leave for another 2 seasons at least. Hopefully its not a Bale situation all over again too, and we must sign him over the likes of City and Chelsea aswell. He could be a £150m player by the time he's ready to leave but on his current projection talent wise that would be a good deal.

So Kane is to be compared to Bale and Ronaldo :rolleyes:. The reality is like most English players he is totally overrated . Why are Madrid , Barca , Munich not after him ?

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Serious question but why ous this thread half full of people ripping the source? I get this is unlikely to happen and the mirror is generally just made up but with the volume of threads on here which are just speculative what's the harm of letting there be a thread on 'arry even if it's started based on some likely nonsense from the mirror.

Would love to get him don't think it will happen, don't think levy would want to sell and I doubt we would put down the sort of money they'd need..... unless woody goes FULL WOODWARD and just walks into spurs board room, drops £150m on em and says I'm taking Harry. Lol
Yeah, no problem with a thread on the matter. From a Spurs perspective, as has been mentioned before I highly doubt Levy would consider 150, or even 200m. So many reasons why we need to keep hold of Kane and we can't afford to sell him, not even for silly money. If we sell Kane, then the signal it would send to the rest of our squad would be detrimental, and chances Alli, Erikssen etc wants out are very high. We can't replace him so from a sporting perspective it's stupid to sell, we don't have the profile nor pay the wages required to attract someone of his caliber. On top of this, we are going into a new stadium, and with naming rights, new sponsor deals coming up we would be crazy to let go of one of (if not the) most advertisable English players, and on top of that he's homegrown.

No chance he is leaving this window, but if Spurs start regressing, and if he feel we can't match his ambition then he would be available, but until then I don't see him sold.

red thru&thru

Yeah, no problem with a thread on the matter. From a Spurs perspective, as has been mentioned before I highly doubt Levy would consider 150, or even 200m. So many reasons why we need to keep hold of Kane and we can't afford to sell him, not even for silly money. If we sell Kane, then the signal it would send to the rest of our squad would be detrimental, and chances Alli, Erikssen etc wants out are very high. We can't replace him so from a sporting perspective it's stupid to sell, we don't have the profile nor pay the wages required to attract someone of his caliber. On top of this, we are going into a new stadium, and with naming rights, new sponsor deals coming up we would be crazy to let go of one of (if not the) most advertisable English players, and on top of that he's homegrown.

No chance he is leaving this window, but if Spurs start regressing, and if he feel we can't match his ambition then he would be available, but until then I don't see him sold.
Situation pretty well summed up.

It's a long summer and tabloids are scratching around as United seem to be giving very little away.

el3mel

So Kane is to be compared to Bale and Ronaldo :rolleyes:. The reality is like most English players he is totally overrated . Why are Madrid , Barca , Munich not after him ?
He's not overrated and it is not a trend that any English player must be overrated till proven otherwise. Kane has proved himself for multiple seasons now.

And why Madrid ( Ronaldo ), Barca ( Suarez ) and Bayern ( Lewa ) will want another striker ?

Varun

Staff
I'm guessing it's because of who they have already.

iportman

I'm guessing it's because of who they have already.
Never stopped them before . He is not their standard and should not be ours . Unless of course for marketing purposes the club needs to replace one over hyped overrated English centre forward with another who is nowhere near what Rooney was at his prime .

Varun

Staff
Never stopped them before . He is not their standard and should not be ours . Unless of course for marketing purposes the club needs to replace one over hyped overrated English centre forward with another who is nowhere near what Rooney was at his prime .
Based on what? They're miles ahead of us in terms of quality.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Because they don't need him? Kane is not over-rated. He is a goal machine and would be the top scorer in any team in England. He missed three months of the league this season and still out scored everyone. You know that it is possible to be world class and English at the same time, right? Hard to believe i know.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
English tax & Levy. If he puts Walker at £45m then Kane will be £150m.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Spurs have the chance to win their first premiership. They get a lot of money for CL inclusion. They would give it all away if they sell Kane.
Having the best British talents is priceless. That's what we had in Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Keane. We wouldn't have sold them to a rival club for anything, I don't think.
But I think we should test the resolve of both Spurs and Kane. A 180 mil. bid would probably be rejected, but that's better than just to sit on our hands and accept defeat. It would at least signify a statement of intent.
It isn't better, because of three negative consequences of making such a bid: 1) You bump up the asking price for all your other targets; 2) You waste time in a fruitless pursuit; 3) Any other striker target will know that they are only 2nd choice and so be less likely to come.

PoTMS

If he wants to stay at Spurs, we have no chance - the PL money means Spurs don't have to sell their best player. If he hands in a transfer request though, then a £100m+ bid could be enough to prize him away. Having said that, it may still not be enough what with having to deal with Levy.

Woodzy

It would take Kane kicking up a fuss and over £100m to get this transfer done. Neither of which will happen.

Lentwood

In the past this would have been exactly the kind of signing SAF would have made - taking a great player from a rival strengthening us and weakening them

It won't happen. However, everyone has a price and I would rather us overpay for proven PL quality and taking a 30-goal a season man from a team who have finished above us recently

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If he wants to stay at Spurs, we have no chance - the PL money means Spurs don't have to sell their best player. If he hands in a transfer request though, then a £100m+ bid could be enough to prize him away. Having said that, it may still not be enough what with having to deal with Levy.
Why is everyone afraid of Levy like he's some sort of super negotiator hard arse?

He isn't. Any cock with a good hand can be a good negotiator. He knows he has a commodity so he can do what he wants.
My mother could go into that situation and say hey 120 million or he stays. Either way a winner. Negotiating skills zero.

The club money men should put a value on Kane ...if we want him.... then make it to that line and if its a no move on.

Kane wont leave his beloved spurs anyway.
Nothing story

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Kane has a good thing going at Spurs. Other than for extra money that he shouldn't really need, I think he'd be foolish to move to any other club right now. But if he wants to be foolish for us, I'm down with that.

Klopp_De_Klown

Levy will never sell to us.
Hell will freeze over before Levy sells us Harry Kane this Summer.
He may not really have a say in the matter, past, "we'll match the wages"... Kane and Alli are on a pittance. Get dirty woody, let levy shit or get off the pot. Tell his agent we will pay him 300Kpw +bonuses. He could refuse to do business of course but the seed will of been swon and kane will leave sooner or later unless spuds up the ante. Which they cant.

I can see the steam coming out of levy's ears from here

But its the Mirror, so sadly we are not really in for him are we

RuudTom83

Spurs have had it easy for too long, all their top players should be hearing from City, United, Chelsea with huge offers...even if it only destabilise them, it's still worth doing.

Spurs are a huge threat to the PL title so they should have some transfer drama to deal with like United have had with DDG over the years.

Bid £100m for Kane and see what ripples it can cause.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If they were good enough no problem , i cant think of many that are good enough , certainly not Kane
Kane is one of the most prolific strikers in the premier league, proven for both club and country. He is the absolute epitome of "good enough". He would be a huge success under Jose I feel, practically hand-crafted to fit a system he covets so highly. Only stumbling block would Levy and the outrageous asking price.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He may not really have a say in the matter, past, "we'll match the wages"... Kane and Alli are on a pittance. Get dirty woody, let levy shit or get off the pot. Tell his agent we will pay him 300Kpw +bonuses. He could refuse to do business of course but the seed will of been swon and kane will leave sooner or later unless spuds up the ante. Which they cant.

I can see the steam coming out of levy's ears from here

But its the Mirror, so sadly we are not really in for him are we
Be suprised if we havent already done something like that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Spurs have had it easy for too long, all their top players should be hearing from City, United, Chelsea with huge offers...even if it only destabilise them, it's still worth doing.

Spurs are a huge threat to the PL title so they should have some transfer drama to deal with like United have had with DDG over the years.

Spurs' players will eventually realise their worth and demand parity with those of similar talent and ability. Levy, unable to meet their demands due in no small part to the lack of means to do so, will have no option but to sell them on. When that day comes, you can bet your bottom dollar to a barn dance that the aforementioned clubs will be ready to strike.

Like vultures, it is simply a waiting game at this point.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Spurs' players will eventually realise their worth and demand parity with those of similar talent and ability. Levy, unable to meet their demands due in no small part to the lack of means to do so, will have no option but to sell them on. When that day comes, you can bet your bottom dollar to a barn dance that the aforementioned clubs will be ready to strike.

Like vultures, it is simply a waiting game at this point.
Meanwhile, as you wait, Spurs income - and thus our ability to pay higher wages - continues to grow in leaps in and bounds. The new stadium will add a further large boost.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Assuming we are actually talking to spurs about him of course.
I meant behind Spurs back trough intermediaries. I'm sure we would have let him know we want him and would pay him well. Not just this summer too

Klopp_De_Klown

I meant behind Spurs back trough intermediaries. I'm sure we would have let him know we want him and would pay him well. Not just this summer too
Yea but its nearly not worth it unless we are upsetting levy in the process

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Yep, I agree with this. Force Spurs to pay the 300k a week Kane and Alli could earn elsewhere. Eriksen could easily command 200+/week. Make them make some difficult squad decisions.

Nice to make our weight felt domestically.

IrishRedDevil

Meanwhile, as you wait, Spurs income - and thus our ability to pay higher wages - continues to grow in leaps in and bounds. The new stadium will add a further large boost.
Having ability to pay higher wages and actually making the leap to break your wage structure, thus forming a ripple affect down through all other players, is a very different thing. Clubs will offer players like Kane, Alli etc over 200k. What are those players getting currently? You break your wage structure for those players and suddenly players within the club getting 60/80k will want 100+k. I appreciate you are holding onto the fact that these players will stay as they think something good is happening at Spurs right now, and it may well be, but how long does this good feeling hang around if trophies don't eventually back it up?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Footballers do have an expiry date in terms of both talent and worth, when you consider the length of time it will take Spurs to reach a point of financial strength - one such as to be able to pay their players a wage befitting their ability - that expiry date would have come and gone. United are ready to double Kane's salary at this very moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.