Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You underestimate the pull of Real Madrid and Levy's determination to sell him to Europe than to any EPL side.
He's got young kids, his wife's expecting, no way can I see him uprooting his family to a country with the media spotlight and unable to speak the language that Spain will be

croadyman

He's got young kids, his wife's expecting, no way can I see him uprooting his family to a country with the media spotlight and unable to speak the language that Spain will be
Yeah he probably won't even want to uproot his family even up the M6,hope he proves me completely wrong though

croadyman

You don't think we will buy two strikers? I am pretty sure we will. We need goals and we don't have a striker in the team.
Could see two if it was something like Martinez and Hojlund or Kane and free agent like Thuram. However cannot see us signing Hojlund AND Kane due to budget

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yeah he probably won't even want to uproot his family even up the M6,hope he proves me completely wrong though
United should just provide a helicopter to transport him around and he can stay where he is :D

arthurka

Could see two if it was something like Martinez and Hojlund or Kane and free agent like Thuram. However cannot see us signing Hojlund AND Kane due to budget
I don't think we have a choice to be fair, we need two strikers. But if course budget will play a part in this.

Hackman2210

If I was Harry - Id stay for one season and go on a free next year - huge payday for him. Stick it to Levy, the guys a wanker!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Have you considered that IF we blew a pile of cash on Kane, there would be no more money, therefore Greenwood would stay on..?

Lecland07

Kane for £100m is a disaster IMO.

Yes we need goals but at £100m and 30 years old, we are getting almost no resale value. It would make so much more sense to pay a bit more for Osimenhen, get several years out of him and potentially get most of or more than you paid for him back to re-invest. I'd even gamble on a player like Ramos who can get goals, is younger, will cost less and could improve massively under Ten Hag.

City have done this with Haaland + Alvarez, Liverpool with Nunez + Gakpo, Barca went the other way and bought Lewandowski but he was a third of Kanes price and gets as many goals.

We haven't learnt our lesson, you can't just throw money at a problem without a long term plan. Chelsea being the perfect example this year.
Osihmen would be about €70m more, so not quite a 'bit more'. I think it would be even higher than that, to be honest.

Ringol

Many of you who oppose this transfer probably don't realise how good Kane is. He is currently the 3rd best attacking player in the world and that is just because he is older than Mbappe and Halland. His goals per game statistic may not be impressive. This is because he plays for a weak club. It is much easier to score goals when you play for a club that is destroying league. Then you play all the games against weaker teams than yours, and you have plenty of chances to score in every game. Look at Lewandowskis clubs - BVB, Bayern & Barca, ideal clubs for a striker (when you're a starter :P). Kane playing for 7th/8th league club and plays several games vs better teams in a season. In those games Tottenham usually defends and he doesn't have a goalscoring situation.
Let's compare how effective they are:
Lewa, Bayern (all seasons, all competitions): 373 matches, 0.98 goals/90, 1.04 xg/90, efficiency 94%
Lewa, Barca: 45 m, 0.77 g/90, 0.75 xg/90, 102%
Kane, Tottenham: 424 m, 0.71 g/90, 0.58 xg/90, 122%

They have almost identical xg/90 at the World Cup, but efficiency...
Lewa, Poland: 7 m, 0.29 g/90, 0.61 xg/90, 47%
Kane, England: 11 m, 0.74 g/90, 0.64 xg/90, 115%

This guy is a killer, born leader and still has 4-5 years to play at the top level. If I were Levy, I wouldn't sell him and would try get promotion to the Champions League next year (Harry scored 30 of the 70 team goals!). When it comes to buying his replacement, club will be in a much better negotiating position.

BTW. It's nonsense what a few people have written that keeping Kane on the force will be a deterrent for other players to sign contract with Tottenham. Lewadnowski again... When he had one year left on his contract at BVB, Bayern wanted him desperately, but Dortmund did not let him go. Since then, dozens of talented youngsters have join BVB. The only things that matter are contract sum, 1st team squad and the European Cup matches.

Reactions: Invictus

croadyman

Lewa was also dominating the Bundesliga for several years before that, well past Kane's current age and Bayern didn't start desperately seeking a replacement at 29 r 30. Benzema was the key man for Real Madrid all through his early 30s when they were winning consecutive CLs. Ronaldo (prior to the self-parody year/s of late) was a genuine force and spearheading Madrid to CLs well past Kane's current age. In today's climate , relying upon strikers past the age of 29 is hardly something to be ashamed of or to be seen as a lack of 'long-term planning'.

Obviously the plan is to buy a younger striker to play in concert- every brief has indicated this, as well as potentially reintegrating a certain player or replacing them with one of similar pedigree. Even if it wasn't, Kane could literally play for another 7 years as a no.10 version of Modric behind rapid split strikers, or in a '2' with Bruno behind the front 2: he's one of the best playmakers in Europe and his passing and football intelligence, if not so much his acceleration, is close to or on par with De Bruyne. He'd be an incredible medium-term signing if played alongside capable mobile players...
Yeah he is definitely someone that has the capability of moving back in later years when a Hojlund/Ferguson becomes main 9. Whether he would want to do that of course is another thing

Ole'sattheWheel

If it’s a straight shootout between us and Madrid I fear for our chances. He might prefer United for the PL record but come on, if Madrid come calling it’s a dream come true for any footballer. No use discussing who spurs would rather sell to either

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Benzema is off to Saudi. I don't believe Kane would abandon the chance to break the pl goals record though.
Wasn't that disproven? Either way the guy has lived his whole life in England and has 3 kids who've just started going to school so i doubt he's going to uproot his entire family to move to unfamiliar territories and that's without mentioning the already alluded to prem record.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If it’s a straight shootout between us and Madrid I fear for our chances. He might prefer United for the PL record but come on, if Madrid come calling it’s a dream come true for any footballer. No use discussing who spurs would rather sell to either
I don't think it's that easy a decision. Real are in a league that's in a bit of a slump, they're certainly rejuvenating their whole team and they've made some quality additions, but I wouldn't say they're on an upward trajectory compared to their last 10 years. They've got a manager who is a good man-manager but I'm not sure if he's the most exciting one to play for. While United will easily afford him a great opportunity to claim that PL scorer record at a club that's on an upwards trajectory in the most exciting and competitive top league around. Of course, the gap to City is vast but there's allure in being part of the team that gets United back (hence Varane, hence Casemiro). Anyhow, I think he'd be a great player for us over the short-term, but my preference would be to build more long-term than spunking that money on him (though I wouldn't complain for the first couple of years).

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
ETH needs to decide wether we go all out for Kane, with Madrid sniffing about. Or do we go for the young lad from Atalanta, can not see us getting both in one window.

Abraxas

I don't see it as automatic that Kane prefers Madrid. Hard to say. Depends what he values. If he values winning top level trophies, then no, it wouldn't be a contest. They're better placed. If he values sun, it wouldn't be a contest.

But most of his legacy is built around statistics and goalscoring. He'll be abandoning that by going to Spain. Maybe he doesn't want to move country right now. Which league does he prefer? All things to consider.

Ringol

I don't see it as automatic that Kane prefers Madrid. Hard to say. Depends what he values. If he values winning top level trophies, then no, it wouldn't be a contest. They're better placed. If he values sun, it wouldn't be a contest.

But most of his legacy is built around statistics and goalscoring. He'll be abandoning that by going to Spain. Maybe he doesn't want to move country right now. Which league does he prefer? All things to consider.
This is a life decision for him. He is not thinking only about trophies, he's also thinking how his family will feel in the new place. That was probably the reason for his rejection the Bayern Munich offer. He would have won German League and top scorer title for 99% and would have been at a club that is always one of the top 4 favourites for winning the Champions League.

Real chances of winning CL are similar. However, the chances of winning league and the top scorer title are lower than in the Bundesliga. My guess is 60% for league won & 70% for top scorer. Someone may say Lewandowski is there. Yes, but Kane is more clinical and Real would create for him as many chances as Barcelona for the Pole. Benzema lost top scorer title only because he played 10 games fewer than Lewa (23 vs 33).

In Manchesters favour, there's no need to settle in a new country (learn the language). And there's the fight to break Shearers record. Very samll chance of winning Premier League (City is too strong) and CL also. He can challenge Haaland for the top scorer title if club create for him more xg than he had at Spurs.
Kane 38 games, 30 goals, 21.5 xg (0.57/90) = 139%
Haaland 35 maches, 36 goals, 28.4 xg (0.92/90) = 126%
This season Kane's statistics are amazing.

Last edited:

dinostar77

He'll end up going to madrid next summer on a free as the no9 and be joined by mbappe and vinicus as a new trident attack for madrid.

Then the people who didnt want him at utd, will complain that they should have signed him.

MattofManchester

His mentality will probably be the decider.

He's far too good to not be at a club challenging and potentially winning a league title. So does he force his move to get what he wants?

Or does he forget ever winning anything and stay at Spurs for the reminder of his career. Forever stuck in midtable.

L1nk

If it wasn't apparent before this, after watching this match you absolutely just cannot believe that the difference between us and Man City is spending 100 million on 30 year old Harry Kane, sorry.

Jev

If it wasn't apparent before this, after watching this match you absolutely just cannot believe that the difference between us and Man City is spending 100 million on 30 year old Harry Kane, sorry.
Been a tight game, they're winning through two lucky punches. Yes, they are more than a Harry Kane better than us but this game is not the evidence.

Lecland07

That massive gaping hole in the centre of our attack would go a long way to closing the gap. Kane is one of the few players that City struggle to deal with, on top of that.

They didn't have many chances today. We just have zero presence in such an important position.

Hammondo

Been a tight game, they're winning through two lucky punches. Yes, they are more than a Harry Kane better than us but this game is not the evidence.
We didn't create any notable chances. We had 1 shot on target and that was the pen. City were poor, we made it difficult, but all of our attacking players were poor.