Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

StiffTackle

Is the PL record a non-factor, a small factor or a large one? I lean towards small.
I think its a huge factor and Im surprised so many think so little of it.

Alan Shearer is still remembered and discussed as a premier league great because of this record. Kane is 47 goals away from something even the best players like Henry, Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy etc never got close to.

To walk away and go to a weak la liga, joining a team which might still end up second to Barcelona and has nothing but a punchers chance in the champions league once Benzema, Modric and Kroos are gone would be insane to me.

I think he stays at spurs, leaves on a free and then sees if he can join a prem team to get the record and hopefully pick up some of the trophies he actually dreamed about in the best league in the world.

Imagine if Alan Shearer didnt have that record but had a la liga and a spanish cup to his name. Wouldnt command even half the respect he does now.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Roboc7

Kane could go to Madrid for 4 years, then back to Spurs or elsewhere and have a few years to still try and get the PL record if it’s that important to him.

Nero

Even if he gets the record someone will break it eventually, and then he'd have nothing. Winning trophies is far more important.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Kane could go to Madrid for 4 years, then back to Spurs or elsewhere and have a few years to still try and get the PL record if it’s that important to him.
Hard to believe. 48 goals past the age of 34 would be a huge ask.

Unam333

Of course, I'd like to see a new no. 1 goalkeeper, two strikers (one experienced, one young and with potential), two central midfielders and a right back, but that's not gonna happen.

If we could only get Mount, Rabiot on a free and Kane, then I would consider it as a very good summer window. This team needs an experienced proven goalscorer and that player is Harry Kane.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Damn, with Madrid in the mix we dont stand a chance. Bit gutted really, I would've loved to have seen him here.

Is Osimneh gettable or would napoli want silly money for him?

hp88

If Kane really wants a move to United he will make it happen, I think we will pay up as well but it's all on him now.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If he had any sense he would go to Madrid. Spend a few years there, win everything and then get back to the PL to get the record. But he and his brother will probably do the opposite and stay at Spurs.

BerryBerryShrew

Is Osimneh gettable or would napoli want silly money for him?
The silliest of silly money- seen it being said that Napoli want £130m (and yes, that's sterling rather than euro).

And Napoli are even more difficult to negotiate with than Levy is.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Even if he gets the record someone will break it eventually, and then he'd have nothing. Winning trophies is far more important.
Yeah, this.

If you asked Shearer to give one up, his record or his PL title, he’d give up the record in a snap.

Kane also clearly is very afraid of bad publicity or damaging his relationship with Spurs fans, as shown by his unwillingness to really try to push through the Man City move a few years ago. Going to Real Madrid will spare him any criticism and allow him to bag some big titles. If he lasts long enough to come back to England and get the record, great. If not, a couple La Liga titles and a CL medal will mean he’s never branded a loser again and he’ll get the chance to play in a fantastic team.

DOTA

Depends how long he plays for, could easily be another Sheringham and play until late thirties.
Based on a cursory glance my suspicion is Teddy is probably the only man ever to manage that many, so I think 'easily' is beyond optimistic.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don't really see Kane going abroad
Why are people keep saying this? It is not like he will go to live there for the rest of his life.
3-4 years in Real Madrid where he will win trophies is by far his best choice now. People talk how he wants to break Shearer's record but no way that he would sacrifice actual trophies for one personal achievement.

Mainoldo

I can see him going Madrid for 4 years and then coming back at 34 to smash Shearer’s record scoring 20 plus goals a season like he does now. No problem!!

I mean if CR7 and Zlatan can do it. Why can’t he.

Rolaholic

Think Madrid is a real possibility to be honest, they badly need the quality up front now and the allure of competing on all fronts for the first time will be great.

Could definitely see him going on a short term deal and winding up back in the Prem and still able to break Shearers record in 2-3 years

Roboc7

Based on a cursory glance my suspicion is Teddy is probably the only man ever to manage that many, so I think 'easily' is beyond optimistic.
Ronaldo got 18 goals at 36/37 there’s no reason why Kane couldn’t score plenty of goals in his mid thirties. He’s already not very reliant on pace so good chance he will be able to prolong his career if he wants to.

gajender

Why are people keep saying this? It is not like he will go to live there for the rest of his life.
3-4 years in Real Madrid where he will win trophies is by far his best choice now. People talk how he wants to break Shearer's record but no way that he would sacrifice actual trophies for one personal achievement.
You say this and then go on to make definitive statement yourself , thing is nobody actually knows what Kane values more it's all speculation and opinions .

Rolaholic

The likes of Kane and Rice bith moving abroad in the same summer would be a massive step forward for English players in my eyes.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Just my opinion. Chill

DOTA

Ronaldo got 18 goals at 36/37 there’s no reason why Kane couldn’t score plenty of goals in his mid thirties. He’s already not very reliant on pace so good chance he will be able to prolong his career if he wants to.
There is not 'no reason' there are lots of reasons. All the players who dropped off earlier than the severe outliers this argument rests upon are reasons to believe Kane couldn't easily score that many Premier League goals over the age of 34.

ThanksBoss26

Yeah, this.

If you asked Shearer to give one up, his record or his PL title, he’d give up the record in a snap.

Kane also clearly is very afraid of bad publicity or damaging his relationship with Spurs fans, as shown by his unwillingness to really try to push through the Man City move a few years ago. Going to Real Madrid will spare him any criticism and allow him to bag some big titles. If he lasts long enough to come back to England and get the record, great. If not, a couple La Liga titles and a CL medal will mean he’s never branded a loser again and he’ll get the chance to play in a fantastic team.
Absolutely. Could see this deal happening though imagine there will be weeks of back and forth around the fee.

Rolaholic

Spanish sources going big on this post-Benzema announcement

Rolaholic

Why? Why is Declan Rice going to develop more in Germany than England?
It's because you rarely see top English players going out of their comfort zones and taking other opportunities abroad. I think it'll help break the mold in that sense, for years it's been PL or nothing for the majority during their careers.

In recent years young players have started taking their chances elsewhere but having high profile stars doing the same could prove impactful in the future.