Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Hopefully the protective boot and the crutches is all an act trying to lull Villareal into a false sense of security. I mean, i can't remember ever seeing an injured player that often on the screen, flashing his crutches and stuff. Fingers crossed.

They'll never know what hit them when ol' Harry in the final heads high and wide 7 times after offensive corners :wenger:

Mcking

Another Lindelof defender

we’ve had more poor defensive situations without Maguire than with that’s for sure
He has missed three games, and barely missed a game before that. He was in the team against Leicester, against Sheffield, against Leipzig, against Liverpool in the cup game, against Roma, and the defensive performances weren't very good in those games either.

Because he wasn't in the team in the game against Liverpool does not automatically mean the performance was due to his absence. Shows how fickle fans can be that he is suddenly universally accepted as a fantastic defender after one poor defensive performance without him.

SATA

I get that he wants to support the team even when he's not playing, but he should really be at home recovering the best as he could instead of at the stadium walking around on crutches

GueRed

He has missed three games, and barely missed a game before that. He was in the team against Leicester, against Sheffield, against Leipzig, against Liverpool in the cup game, against Roma, and the defensive performances weren't very good in those games either.

Because he wasn't in the team in the game against Liverpool does not automatically mean the performance was due to his absence. Shows how fickle fans can be that he is suddenly universally accepted as a fantastic defender after one poor defensive performance without him.
I dont think anyone regards Maguire as some kind of 'fantastic' defender. But some are coming round to the fact he is a good centre-back and his prescence at the back is important.

Because not only is he a solid and reliable performer he is a leader. Our captain. One of only two in the first team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s not playing in the final. There’s literally zero chance of anyone going from needing crutches and a protective boot to playing a football match in the space of 9 days. We should get used to the idea of playing Villareal without him because that’s what’s going to happen.

Raveneye

Why do people call Maguire a fridge like it's a bad thing? Fridges dominate mad space. When the fridge door is open in my kitchen, my cat ain't squeezing past that man.

Drizzle

Why do people call Maguire a fridge like it's a bad thing? Fridges dominate mad space. When the fridge door is open in my kitchen, my cat ain't squeezing past that man.
Fridges are also extremely useful, the centre point of all modern kitchens. Like Maguire, remove a fridge from its natural home in the kitchen and there'd be a gaping hole. The room just wouldn't work. Also, Maguire has a light that comes on when you open his mouth.

MyBloodIsRed

How did they let Jones that close to Harry???? You know Phil will evidently trip him and put him out until 2022!!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Off the crutches and without the boot, that's great news

charlenefan

Ole doesn't think he'll be fit but will give him until Tuesday

charlenefan

As expected unfortunately. Hopefully he'll be fully fit for Euros.

Shame for him not playing in the final after being such an important part of the team for the whole season.
as I said straight after the post you quoted he hasn't been ruled out yet

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He is using a classic Fergie tactic

I expect Maguire to start

TheReligion

Abusive
Great interview. Thanks for posting.

I would feel 100 times happier with Harry starting at the back on Wednesday. He's just what we needed at CB and is taken for granted as he's always available.

Quality player, great mentality. Hopefully he's destined to get us our league title back.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Strange how you see it. Not that Dias should be in the team over Tarkowski?
I would of had Stones ahead of Tarkowski or maybe Fofana. I do rate Maquire and think he's an important figure for us but I don't think he's been better than any of the 3 of them this season.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Since it’s whoscored I guess it is somehow based on their stats rather than performance.
Probably. Putting prejudices aside I think Dias has been in the top 3 CBs in the world this season. Seems weird leaving him out.

Classical Mechanic

Probably. Putting prejudices aside I think Dias has been in the top 3 CBs in the world this season. Seems weird leaving him out.
It‘s Whoscored. It’s rated through on the ball actions. It rates aerial dominance highly which is why Maguire and Tarkowski feature. Maguire make a lot of interceptions too. It’s flawed of course and better for rating attacking players.

Personally I’d have Dias and Maguire in my best two. Leicester defenders seem to get grossly overrated for some reason. They actually concede lots of goals.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's based on stats. Dias doesn't have to do as much actual defending as Maguire who would probably get just as much hype if he played for City.

A-man

Yes it’s wrong plain and simple :) Dias is given, then Harry and 2-3 other are equally deserving the second spot imo.
I also feel it’s a little wrong to leave Salah out.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
It‘s Whoscored. It’s rated through on the ball actions. It rates aerial dominance highly which is why Maguire and Tarkowski feature. Maguire make a lot of interceptions too. It’s flawed of course and better for rating attacking players.

Personally I’d have Dias and Maguire in my best two. Leicester defenders seem to get grossly overrated for some reason. They actually concede lots of goals.
Overall I think Maquire has had a good season. I just think Stones and Dias have had a better one but of course that's down to personal opinion. Leicester have only conceded 6 goals more than us in the PL which over a 38 game season isn't that much.

It's based on stats. Dias doesn't have to do as much actual defending as Maguire who would probably get just as much hype if he played for City.
I think Maquire is a much better fit for us than he would be for City so I don't think he'd get as much hype if he'd play for them.

Yes it’s wrong plain and simple :) Dias is given, then Harry and 2-3 other are equally deserving the second spot imo.
I also feel it’s a little wrong to leave Salah out.
Fair points and I agree.

A-man

Would be interesting what stats they’ve been looking at because it’s not the highest (whoscored)rated.

He's in the traveling squad for the final
Just like Nathan Bishop :) Harry is captain and of course travel for the final!

Status
Not open for further replies.