Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So what if it's a loss? It's not the others clubs' fault we let them take us to the cleaners. We could realistically get 50 mill for this guy.
No chance we're getting £50m, with this wages it end up being a £70m+ transfer, no club is that dumb.

If we sell him, they will have to go out and find another £50m defender. It's sad, but we're a business. I wish we would, but we won't sell.

Godfather

Watching Konate today and comparing him to our record transfer almost brought tears to my eyes. Our scouting system is not existent

UnitedChampionsAgain

Runs like a carthorse but slower. Doesn't seem to know how or when to defend. Reads the game like shit.
Basically a disaster and a massive waste of money.

Bwuk

Defended him a lot in the past but I've seen enough.

He doesn't look like he's been able to step up to play for United at all. Looks nervous most of the time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This coming winter let’s sell Pogba first, then next summer we should offload Maguire too.
The 2 biggest crown in the club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was horrendous today. For a CB with his experienced who is our captain, he really loses his composure and starts making amateurish mistakes when shit goes bad. He's decent but just repetitive dumb mistakes

Tapori

Interesting
His form mirrors our teams form at times.
If I speak people will accuse me of an Agenda..
Despite improving in passing and reading attacking play over the past few weeks, the same deficiencies in reading the game, decision making and organization are still here that contribute alot.

Now I am worried especially that 3rd goal. Needs to change and quick. Can he be honest with himself? Let's see.

passing-wind

Everyone making excuses, any fan who agrees to criticise Pogba but leave Maguire is being contradictory. Maguire has started his career worse at this club compared to Pogbas start. I'm not interested in statistics and all the other rubbish, I just look at Maguire for 90 mins and all I can see is one of the worst defenders I've seen with such a elite reputation. There was some saying he would be a VVD and the reality he's worse than Smalling.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
He didn't set 80m by himself, it was an agreement between clubs, not his fault eventually.
He give 100% each match, should be respected, not like Pogba, day dreaming on the field.

Doracle

Doesn’t the third goal take a big deflection which takes it past him? Certainly how I saw it first time. Didn’t think he did much wrong today - certainly not to blame for this loss.

Web of Bissaka

When we're attacking, he's really good and consistent.
When we're defending.... it's the total opposite.

So.. David Luiz? But a better and expensive version because he can slightly defend better and the price tag?

Greck

Doesn’t the third goal take a big deflection which takes it past him? Certainly how I saw it first time. Didn’t think he did much wrong today - certainly not to blame for this loss.
If there was a deflection it would have been to the advantage of a good defender because that cross bounced across him at snail's pace. Between De gea having no area of command and Maguire having no backline leadership we are back to being prone to conceding the kind of goals we did under the chuckle brothers

ariveded

Think Maguire signing is inspired by Jordan Henderson. A english lad, clean image, hard work and eventually captain of club. Like Hendo, Maguire seen as the steady enforcer

Yet, big difference, positions, players around Maguire and Henderson.

Andersonson

Lindelof , Shaw, Telles and AWB was all over the place today. Blaming it all on him is weird.

They were all shockingly bad. Maguire wasnt the worst out of the lot either.

el3mel

Maguire being our captain summarizes everything wrong with current United. There's nothing more to be said. When this is our leader then what are we expecting exactly?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He wasn’t good but so the others were and to single him out is unfair even for the 3rd goal. Everyone have to take the blame.

Classical Mechanic

And yet. RBL let in 3 against Istanbul, 5 against us away and 2 yesterday. The grass isn’t always greener etc.
Konate who gave away a penalty, disappeared into thin air for Greenwood's chance in the first half, got skinned by Greenwood with a Maradona turn for a good chance in the second half and who nearly scored an own goal at the end to knock them out of the tie! I think all those incidents were him anyway. History is always written by the winners though.

ti vu

He wasn’t good but so the others were and to single him out is unfair even for the 3rd goal. Everyone have to take the blame.

I agree that if we analyze thing, there is plenty of errors in that sequence of play, and it came from other. However, Maguire were in best position to stop it.

That tweet about Maguire telling Williams what to do is nonsense. Watch the clip. It's just his flapping running style. Unless there was nothing there that suggested any kind of communication from Maguire to William or to De Gea.

And anyone would have to think twice about following Maguire's pointing after that infamous instruction to Shaw for Spurs goal.

youmeletsfly

Players get behind him so many times.
We've conceded less since him and AWB came in, but in the big games I feel our defense is actually worse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You have to ask what the hell is Lindelof doing there?

Why is he leaving the centre of the goal when there is 2 players there, to chase after somebody running to the edge of the box? leave that to Pogba and Mctominay.

Maguire ends up having to cover the front post man and ends up leaving Kluivert. I missed this live but no wonder our defence is all over the place - they literally ARE all over the place?!

Just stay in the middle and protect your goal ffs.

Marcelinho87

Lindelof at fault there, he vacated his area to chase a man out wide and left Maguire with 2 men in the middle. Maguire then gets caught in 2 minds on who to track and the ball ends up as it does.

Chabon

I think I’ve said this before on here, but if he was a member of our last title-winning squad he’d have been sixth choice. 80 million quid for a Scott Wooton replacement seems...excessive.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
really has been awful since about Christmas last year!

Ole's refusal to drop him or even sub him is becoming a real issue!

AFC NimbleThumb

Maguire is bigger problem then Pogba . Ole is clueless , but making Maguire captain is his biggest mistake.
Go through the squad man for man & look at their best/most influential performances & few have had anywhere near the impact of Pogba.

Maguire is one of many bigger issues in the team than the Frenchman & he should f*ck off aswell; squad needs a huge overhaul.
Awlful performance and the things he said in his interview post match makes you wonder more on how he is the captain.
Anyone got a vid/transcript of this? I turned off immediately.

GlasgowCeltic

He’s in the Cahill, Upson, Dawson bracket of English defenders. Probably yet to show Cahill's top level yet though

Status
Not open for further replies.