Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GueRed

We paid 80 fecking million for him and he was just ok against the worst team in PL history. Thats the problem. Cant wait for a new manager to come in and show Arry the door. Wont be his fault that the previous manager made a major transfer blunder
So what about Pogba then? £90 million 4 years ago. FIVE seasons later you can count the number of good games he's had on one hand! The player has also been pining to leave since summer 2019. An ok game against the 'worst team in PL history' and fans getting hyped again.

The agenda against Maguire by deluded haters is just typical

Like i said i bet they're deluded Pogba or even Eric Bailly fanboys! :lol:

Hughes35

So what about Pogba then? £90 million 4 years ago. FIVE seasons later you can count the number of good games he's had on one hand! The player has also been pining to leave since summer 2019. An ok game against the 'worst team in PL history' and fans getting hyped again.

The agenda against Maguire by deluded haters is just typical

Like i said i bet they're deluded Pogba or even Eric Bailly fanboys! :lol:
What an odd comparison to use given the stick that Pogba gets from fans and the media.

Maguire is our best CB end of story. Is he perfect? No. Is he decent? Yes. We need to put him next to a fast, physical player an see how he looks then.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As our team gradually improves, it’s becoming clearer every match how big a problem Harry is for us. We are so fast up the pitch and so slow in centre of defence and this imbalance is our Achilles heel. Also, Harry is nowhere near as good on the ball as he apparently thinks he is. Unless we replace him in January (never gonna happen) we will struggle to hold on to top 4 position.

Zen86

The Maguire obsession on here is bordering on unhealthy.

Because we paid over the odds for him and he came with a reputation of being alright on the ball, people basically expect a one man army, the world's greatest defender, not to mention a defensive playmaker capable of spraying balls all over the pitch. It's not the case, it was never going to be the case, and it never will be the case. What he is though is our best defender, like it or not. Micro-analysing everything he does isn't going to change that fact. It's utterly bizarre how badly he is scapegoated on here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He isn't going anywhere anytime soon and we need to accept that. He's also the only CB we have in the first team that is aerially dominant which for me is a issue in our team. I feel he's over burdened to take responsibility at the heart of the defence which is something that he has found difficult. So the prognosis would be to sign someone who is quick, athletic, technical and is also strong in the air. Signing such a CB would give us more options and it would also give us the opportunity to rotate the CBs and play a higher line in certain games, especially against teams who defend deep. But we need to get the CB signing right even if we have to wait for the right profile of player to be available.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Because we paid over the odds for him and he came with a reputation of being alright on the ball, people basically expect a one man army, the world's greatest defender, not to mention a defensive playmaker capable of spraying balls all over the pitch. It's not the case, it was never going to be the case, and it never will be the case. What he is though is our best defender, like it or not. Micro-analysing everything he does isn't going to change that fact. It's utterly bizarre how badly he is scapegoated on here.
Surely there's some middle ground between being a defensive playmaker and not passing a ball back to keeper who has a player running at him?

Zen86

Surely there's some middle ground between being a defensive playmaker and not passing a ball back to keeper who has a player running at him?
If the keeper can’t clear balls like that, then we have much bigger problems at this football club.

thepolice123

Henderson was mainly at fault for the goal but Maguire opting to pass back to him despite having space and options around defines our poor build up from the back.

cyberman

Henderson was mainly at fault for the goal but Maguire opting to pass back to him despite having space and options around defines our poor build up from the back.
We are actually very good at playing it out from the back these days. Yesterday isnt an everyday occurance. DDG has come on leaps and bounds in that area of his game.
Its set pieces that fecking us up. We are now very good at playing the ball up the pitch, its why Bruno has so much of the ball

Ekeke

They expect good defending and him to be positive on the ball. When he fails with those things he's rightly criticized.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
This is by far the weirdest thread on Redcafe. Henderson blunder is because of Maguire's pass, like you don't practice that triangle to move the strikers a thousand times per week?

Maguire is the best player in our back 4 irrespective of who starts. I doubt anybody could argue that any of Telles, Shaw, Rojo, Jones, Bailly, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah or Williams are better than him. He's made over 70 appearances for the club in just over a year which has brought another level of consistency to our team and his monstrous aerial ability as well as his composure in carrying the ball out from the back where required has been a joy to watch in recent weeks.

BuT hE gOt PaSsEd bY nEyMaR.

But then you're asking from Henderson to do that?
No, a keeper at this level takes a touch, passes to Matic, back to Maguire and the striker is taken completely out of the game.
Henderson’s touch wasn’t great, he clearly dallies as the manager himself said, then he clearly decides to play Pogba. feck up after feck up.
At the level a cb has to trust his keeper, this isn’t the White Lion with Pete the plumber in nets.

Anyway it sounds like a lot of people in this thread will be delighted that big Sam is back in football. None of this passing back to your goalkeeper shit and expecting him to deal with it... row fecking Z

This is by far the weirdest thread on Redcafe. Henderson blunder is because of Maguire's pass, like you don't practice that triangle to move the strikers a thousand times per week?
I think Henderson himself would be the most embarrassed person in the world to be read this thread. People are simply saying Harry shouldn’t have passed to him because Henderson is too shit to deal with it.

Zen86

They expect good defending and him to be positive on the ball. When he fails with those things he's rightly criticized.
Which he generally is, but he makes mistakes as all defenders do, even the "infallible" VVD. Especially when they come under the kind of pressure that our backline do.

Zen86

if we dare not even passed to our keeper there what the feck is he doing on the pitch? Pep would do like he did with Joe Hart for that kind of bullshit.
God knows. It's sadly standard Caf practice to somehow blame Maguire for everything.

Conceded a goal? It was Maguire's fault
Team not controlling the ball very well? Definitely Maguire's fault.
Goalkeeper can't clear the ball? Oh you better believe that was Maguire's fault.

spiriticon

The problem is that Henderson is most likely gone the next game and rightly so.. but Maguire will still be on the pitch doing Maguire things.

Yes, there is a lot of expectation on him. But he is an £80 million defender and our captain. He must be better.

Sylar

Henderson made the mistake, but Maguire needs to take responsibility.

He chose to go towards the dangerous area with the press occurring. We played out the back in the second half and we did it correctly with us moving away from the press and it ended with a Mata chance.

This one leaves Henderson with limited options based on the passing.
Maguire where he collects the ball is incorrect as the video demonstrates but his touch and pass were not good at all.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
If Maguire wasn't such a right footed player could have easily avoided this. He stops the ball with his left foot and has vision on the left side
blaming Maguire there! majority of players are one footed and use their stronger foot in situation like this. 3/10 situations he would try and turn on the outside which is more risky and difficult to pull out but it he was closed down very quckly and decided to play a safer option, nothign wrong with that when Handerson clearly has three other options to play and we can play it out just with 2 quick passes.

I am just surprpsied Deano fecked up like this. He looked very composed and confident doing so before. He needs to shake this off and never look back. Stil think there is a keeper. Obviously playing week in and week out is a big advantage for any kind of player, especially goalkeeper who are out of the game majority of games for big teams. De Gea would never become a keeper he´s now if he played every 6th game.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes, Henderson should have booted it upfield, but so did Maguire before that.

Why the ball isn't fecking upfield but in the back of our net is still a mystery to me.

You're the captain, take the responsibility ffs.
Ever come up with a thought of your own or do you always just repeat what Mark Goldbridge says word for word? The goal is Henderson's fault. Same with the second. Stop scapegoating our best players. The agenda against Maguire really has to stop and your hero Goldbridge is responsible for a large part of our fanbase being against him. Don't be a muppet and try thinking for yourself rather than just repeating what YouTube personalities say...

Red_toad

Ever come up with a thought of your own or do you always just repeat what Mark Goldbridge says word for word? The goal is Henderson's fault. Same with the second. Stop scapegoating our best players. The agenda against Maguire really has to stop and your hero Goldbridge is responsible for a large part of our fanbase being against him. Don't be a muppet and try thinking for yourself rather than just repeating what YouTube personalities say...
Yep, blokes a bell and his Rashford comment was quickly followed by his flock on here. Shame Marcus has become an exceptional young man and player. Really show you whom the trash is that should be taken out!

spiriticon

I have no idea who TF Mark Goldbridge is. My thoughts are what I felt as I was watching the game.

Maguire can do better, must do better. It's not just Henderson, but he's sold each and every one of his defensive partners short at some point this season.

He's a okay defender with zero leadership skills and therefore not ideal to even lead the defensive line, nevermind be the team captain.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Maguire: 3 tackes, 2 interception, 3 aerial battles won, 3 cleara
I have no idea who TF Mark Goldbridge is. My thoughts are what I felt as I was watching the game.

Maguire can do better, must do better. It's not just Henderson, but he's sold each and every one of his defensive partners short at some point this season.

He's a okay defender with zero leadership skills and therefore not ideal to even lead the defensive line, nevermind be the team captain.
Sure you don't. You just repeat everything he says word for word :lol: :lol: :lol:

spiriticon

Maguire: 3 tackes, 2 interception, 3 aerial battles won, 3 cleara

Sure you don't. You just repeat everything he says word for word :lol: :lol: :lol:
I honestly have no idea who he is. If you mentioned Tim Sherwood from that BT Sport analysis I might say you have a point, but I would say I had the same thoughts even before GifLord posted that.

Oranges038

blaming Maguire there! majority of players are one footed and use their stronger foot in situation like this. 3/10 situations he would try and turn on the outside which is more risky and difficult to pull out but it he was closed down very quckly and decided to play a safer option, nothign wrong with that when Handerson clearly has three other options to play and we can play it out just with 2 quick passes.

I am just surprpsied Deano fecked up like this. He looked very composed and confident doing so before. He needs to shake this off and never look back. Stil think there is a keeper. Obviously playing week in and week out is a big advantage for any kind of player, especially goalkeeper who are out of the game majority of games for big teams. De Gea would never become a keeper he´s now if he played every 6th game.

3/10 is nonense. Every time he receives that ball like that. He should be taking it on his back foot (left foot) to open up his options. He has plenty of time to do this and play it out left to Telles. Because his body shape is wrong, he can't, his only options are to play it right back into the middle where the space has been condensed or try and swing one over to Lindelof or AWB at right back. Both risky passes too. He chooses the keeper.

Henderson does the same when he receives the ball, he's not in a position to open out and play it right, so his touch allows the opponent in to close down the touch.

Maguire puts his team and goalkeeper under unnecessary pressure becasue of bad positioning control and passing and rightly should share equal blame for the goal.

I thought he was fine last night. So was Lindelof.

They scored from a once a season (hopefully!) error from Henderson and got their second, very fortunately, from a set-piece which again Henderson should be collecting 4 yards from goal... or at least impacting.

meamth

3/10 is nonense. Every time he receives that ball like that. He should be taking it on his back foot (left foot) to open up his options. He has plenty of time to do this and play it out left to Telles. Because his body shape is wrong, he can't, his only options are to play it right back into the middle where the space has been condensed or try and swing one over to Lindelof or AWB at right back. Both risky passes too. He chooses the keeper.

Henderson does the same when he receives the ball, he's not in a position to open out and play it right, so his touch allows the opponent in to close down the touch.

Maguire puts his team and goalkeeper under unnecessary pressure becasue of bad positioning control and passing and rightly should share equal blame for the goal.
No way.

Henderson was lax and taking his time too much.

There's nothing wrong with that back pass. Henderson could've use his outside foot to set himself to Lindelof.

The team is set to absorb front pressing and that was imprinted in their coaching. Basic stuff went wrong.

Blaming Maguire is just an agenda for me.

Oranges038

No way.

Henderson was lax and taking his time too much.

There's nothing wrong with that back pass. Henderson could've use his outside foot to set himself to Lindelof.

The team is set to absorb front pressing and that was imprinted in their coaching. Basic stuff went wrong.

Blaming Maguire is just an agenda for me.

It's no agenda. It's basic football instructions for playing out from the back.

Mcking

No, a keeper at this level takes a touch, passes to Matic, back to Maguire and the striker is taken completely out of the game.
Henderson’s touch wasn’t great, he clearly dallies as the manager himself said, then he clearly decides to play Pogba. feck up after feck up.
At the level a cb has to trust his keeper, this isn’t the White Lion with Pete the plumber in nets.
Or maybe just pass to Telles instead, and the ball is 20 yards further down the pitch, the striker is taken out of the game as well, the team gets in a better position to attack, and doesn't have to worry about the ball right in front of the goal line with a player charging in.

Talk about operation defend Harry Maguire at all cost.

Oranges038

It's also basic football instructions to be aware of your teammates.

Henderson completely lost Lindelof there.

Basic.
Like I said, I have no agenda, I'm just calling it how I see it. If you dont understand that Maguire should be opening out to the left there and not playing back into condensed space, then that's on you.

They were both wrong in how they received the ball. They both messed up are equally to blame for that goal.

Ekeke

Which he generally is, but he makes mistakes as all defenders do, even the "infallible" VVD. Especially when they come under the kind of pressure that our backline do.
VVD doesn't have a defensive rightback so Liverpool's CBs have more do do personally. Despite this VVD makes less mistakes. He's also a better passer and doesn't have a pace weakness

Never a good idea to compare Maguire to him

GueRed

It's an anti-english agenda

we had Rooney, Smalling etc

now we got Maguire and Greenwood

they always put in a good shift (unlike some lazy teammates) in but always made a scapegoat

A-man

I thought he was fine last night. So was Lindelof.

They scored from a once a season (hopefully!) error from Henderson and got their second, very fortunately, from a set-piece which again Henderson should be collecting 4 yards from goal... or at least impacting.
This is how I see it as well., two freak goal basically. But! Last season we got too many of those goals. and it is worrying we concede so many goals from set pieces.

Zen86

VVD doesn't have a defensive rightback so Liverpool's CBs have more do do personally. Despite this VVD makes less mistakes. He's also a better passer and doesn't have a pace weakness

Never a good idea to compare Maguire to him
VVD also plays in a much, much better Liverpool team with a solid, high work rate midfield in front of him, in games where they’re generally on top. So no, it isn’t a good idea to compare Maguire to him, and yet he perpetually is because of Maguire’s price tag.

Ekeke

This is how I see it as well., two freak goal basically. But! Last season we got too many of those goals. and it is worrying we concede so many goals from set pieces.
Every time you concede from mistakes its a "freak" goal. The rest of the performance is better, thats why its considered a mistake rather than a continuation of the normal ability

Maguire, Henderson and Lindelof all messed up and we conceded 2 goals to the bottom team. Fortunately for them we did enough offensively to score more goals than they ended up doing. Lindelof gets a lot of credit in the first one of those

Status
Not open for further replies.