Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Shit. The moment he has his colleagues in defense aren't protected by two ultra defensive midfielders they struggle

spiriticon

He's just doesn't take responsibility for any difficult moments.

Just leaves it to his teammates to flap. Henderson first, then Lindelof. Not my captain.

Last edited:

Roboc7

He’s a pretty average defender who just cost a lot of money, he’s always has huge flaws and been prone to these kind of performances and always will. Both him and Lindelof couldn’t cope tonight.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Won 57% of aerial duels tonight, which is very low for him. Combine that with Telles and we look vulnerable.

Struggled a bit, but one thing I cannot understand is why he dwells so long on the ball, inviting pressure. I can't wrap my head around it.

lex talionis

The pass to Hendo was irresponsible, but the mistake was Hendo's.

Harry should be more consistent than he is, yet another player whom you'd have to say looked much better before he joined United than after. Needs to start performing like a captain of United than a player who's still awestruck at the idea that United actually came in for him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You'd think after playing nearly every game with Lindelof for 18 months they'd start to form some sort of partnership by now. If anything they are getting worse.

We need a CB in January. If Ole won't play Axel then we need to go get another. These 2 are costing us too many goals.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He has more bad games than good games which is really worrying. I watch every United game and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him outstanding. The lack of speed isn’t his biggest weakness. It’s the poor decision making. He really needs to improve that.

Today was a 5/10 performance like so many times before this season. Same thing last season.

Of course I want him to succeed here but I just can’t see him be here for the long run. At least he’s not injury prone and that is a plus.

Zen86

Jesus Christ, talk about over analysing it. Henderson boots the ball a split second faster, that goal doesn’t happen. End of.

Holocene

Jesus Christ, talk about over analysing it. Henderson boots the ball a split second faster, that goal doesn’t happen. End of.
It's really that simple :lol:

It wasn't a good pass from Maguire but the mistake was on Henderson.

isn't it just! Henderson made a mistake, I’m sure he will learn from it - it’s not surprising posters are using it to blame players they have a dislike for. Shame.

spiriticon

You can say that about Maguire as well. A big boot upfield, no goal.

I was perplexed as to why he chose Henderson for the pass with Telles out left.

Zen86

You can say that about Maguire as well. A big boot upfield, no goal.

I was perplexed as to why he chose Henderson for the pass with Telles out left.
Except Maguire wasn’t the one who lost the ball. It wasn’t a great pass, but I could’ve comfortably hit that ball up the pitch with plenty of time to spare, never mind a professional goalkeeper.

spiriticon

Erm, no you can’t, because Maguire makes a pass to his teammate who has time to take a touch and pass, yet gets caught on it.
Yes, Henderson should have booted it upfield, but so did Maguire before that.

Why the ball isn't fecking upfield but in the back of our net is still a mystery to me.

You're the captain, take the responsibility ffs.

adamwest

Anyone else notice how ridiculously exposed he gets in Fifa? It's like they've purposely made him the slowest player in the game.

Agree with a point above that Lindelof + Maguire just haven't inspired confidence and they've been given a fair crack. The CB pair needs a shake up.

spiriticon

Except Maguire wasn’t the one who lost the ball. It wasn’t a great pass, but I could’ve comfortably hit that ball up the pitch with plenty of time to spare, never mind a professional goalkeeper.
I don't blame him for the goal.

I just shudder at his lack of courage to make a forward pass.

Ekeke

Keeper didnt want the ball there, a lack of leadership from Maguire not to take charge. Henderson obviously messed up himself and should be blamed for his own part in the goal but Maguire shouldnt have put him in that position

Zen86

I don't blame him for the goal.

I just shudder at his lack of courage to make a forward pass.
Our whole back line struggles under pressure still. It’s a problem with the unit as a whole (including the midfield), not just one player.

Mcking

Erm, no you can’t, because Maguire makes a pass to his teammate who has time to take a touch and pass, yet gets caught on it.
Unless every time a player loses a ball in the run up to a goal it’s his teammates fault for passing the ball to him.
Not sure why you say that seeing how quickly he was closed down. Maguire should never pass to the goalkeeper in that position. Doesn't absolve Henderson who obviously made the costly error, but it was lazy, naive and school boy from Maguire.

Anyone who has knowledge in football should know that. Seeing a teammate beside you does not always mean he is in a position to receive the ball.

spiriticon

Burke was charging them down. Passing it to Henderson meant he either had to skill his way out of trouble, or boot it first time and risk it hitting Burke and deflecting in. It wasn't a great situation for Henderson to be put in.

But yes, Henderson should have chosen to boot it rather than take the touch, and has to take the blame for the goal.

Maguire though, had the opportunity to do better and didn't. He left De Gea to take the fall against Leipzig, and he did it to Henderson today.

Zen86

Not sure why you say that seeing how quickly he was closed down. Maguire should never pass to the goalkeeper in that position. Doesn't absolve Henderson who obviously made the costly error, but it was lazy, naive and school boy from Maguire.

Anyone who has knowledge in football should know that. Seeing a teammate beside you does not always mean he is in a position to receive the ball.
Except he was in a position to receive the ball. The fact that he could have quite easily controlled it and cleared it is pretty strong testament to that.

Goalkeepers regularly receive balls like that to clear. And worse.

Burke was charging them down. Passing it to Henderson meant he either had to skill his way out of trouble, or boot it first time and risk it hitting Burke and deflecting in.
erm, no.

Have you played football? He can easily take a touch and clear, but he’s at United now and he took an extra second to try finding a pass instead, he fecked up.

spiriticon

erm, no.

Have you played football? He can easily take a touch and clear, but he’s at United now and he took an extra second to try finding a pass instead, he fecked up.
Yes. I don't play central defense, but I would be asking Maguire why he didn't just fecking boot it upfield when he had the chance.

A-man

It’s a poor pass from Maguire but agree, if Maguire screws up like that Henderson must just clear it.

Matt6677

he was ok.

the deluded haters just need to deflect their frustration on someone
We paid 80 fecking million for him and he was just ok against the worst team in PL history. Thats the problem. Cant wait for a new manager to come in and show Arry the door. Wont be his fault that the previous manager made a major transfer blunder

A-man

It’s a good analysis about the positioning. But don’t agree about Maguire throwing him under the bus. It was still Hendo who passed Maguire in his poor position and it was time enough to clear it.

Yes. I don't play central defense, but I would be asking Maguire why he didn't just fecking boot it upfield when he had the chance.
Cause he’s playing for Manchester United, and United centre halfs don’t just “twat” balls upfield if a pass is on, even to a keeper, he rightfully trusts his keeper can take a pass and make a correct decision.

Henderson can twat it if nothing is on, but he dallied and fecked up.

spiriticon

Cause he’s playing for Manchester United, and United centre halfs don’t just “twat” balls upfield if a pass is on, even to a keeper, he rightfully trusts his keeper can take a pass and make a correct decision.

Henderson can twat it if nothing is on, but he dallied and fecked up.
But you don't try anything clever with the goalie in the 6 yard box with a man on though jesus christ. Henderson isn't from La Masia.

If he was dying to play it short go out wide to Telles ffs.

Don't understand it, probably never will.

Mainoldo

£80m. I want him gone. He’s a waste a time and too expensive to stick around. Sell him and get a grade up who can play on the left side. He’s useless.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's crap, we've seen enough now to make a fair judgment and he's not good enough and never will be. I won't go even go into his leadership skills, they are non-existent, he pretty much hides away.

Amazes me that some fans still defend him.

Mcking

Except he was in a position to receive the ball. The fact that he could have quite easily controlled it and cleared it is pretty strong testament to that.

Goalkeepers regularly receive balls like that to clear. And worse.
No, he wasn't. Maguire was in a better position with the ball there, and somehow managed to get the ball to a worse position.

Burke was charging in at both defender and goalkeeper, Maguire has to go wide.

I have said many times that Henderson made the error, I don't deny it, but Maguire shouldn't pass him the ball. No defender should pass the ball to the keeper there. If keeper deals with it, then credit to him, but still doesn't make it the right pass.

Not sure why you say Henderson had the time to control and clear though when it is exactly what he tried to do and was charged down. If anything, he should have tried to hit it first time to anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.