Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's a good defender and player.

But we needed someone with Van Dijk impact(or close to it) for the fee we paid. Leicester mugged us off.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He needs someone alongside him telling him what to do, unfortunately we’re expecting him to be the leader.

He was fine today though, not good enough for a top defender but he isn’t one and doesn’t have ability to ever be one either. He’s a great defender when you can sit deep but the huge flaws in his game mean he’ll always limit how team can play unless he’s surrounded by the right players.
Mind boggles with comments like these

AdNani

So because Maguire cost 80 million he has to control Bailly with his mind and force him to not lose vardy. Got it

passing-wind

Are there any Thiago Silva like transfers/defenders out there can we possibly sign to partner Maguire?
This is where I'm stuck I don't see any outstanding defenders available who can come in and of a surety be a drastic improvement over our present options. I reckon we will have to bank on a younger talent to come and hopefully make a breakthrough.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The most valuable thing about Maguire is that he plays every minute of every game and I don't mean that sarcastically. We've struggled in the past with injuries disrupting our defensive partnerships, so having someone who is a quite literal ever-present is a plus. Also, enough people speak well of his personality for me to be sure there's some truth in it, which again is what you'd want in someone who will feature in your team week in and week out.

As a defender though? He's alright. No more, no less.

Fracture90

So because Maguire cost 80 million he has to control Bailly with his mind and force him to not lose vardy. Got it
You'd expect him to at least position himself better in those situations when the ball is coming in low from the side. His positional sense is on pair with Valencia's as a RB during his first few years.

Tapori

No
He has to organize the defence
Which all too often he doesn't at key moments

Again, critiquing him on this point as CAPTAIN too is perfectly valid and doesn't diminish that he is a good defender. He just isn't an elite level defender in thought and organsiation. Which is what you need.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There is always excuses trying to talk negative about Maguire despite of him performing well. Neither of the goals were his fault to blamed anyway.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sergio Ramos, deal expires in the Summer. Same for David Alaba.
Need to watch more Bayern games there. He hasn't been performing this season. If anything Alaba won't cover our weakness. We have been conceded lot of goals from set pieces and crossing, can't imagine putting another short with weak aerial in the team and marking the opposition tallest player. He got pace, I give it that.

Fracture90

@UNITED ACADEMY mate i got to be honest, your allegiance to Maguire and immense devotion to defending him is nothing short of astonishing. Are you per any chance in any shape or form related to him?

Roboc7

Mind boggles with comments like these
It shouldn’t, no point pretending he is some brilliant defender. He’s decent and he stays fit and plays every week but that’s about it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
@UNITED ACADEMY mate i got to be honest, your allegiance to Maguire and immense devotion to defending him is nothing short of astonishing. Are you per any chance in any shape or form related to him?
You must be mistaken to different poster mate.

There is nothing wrong to tell people like you to knock it off and stop blaming and finding excuses of players who didn't put foot wrong yesterday.

Fracture90

You must be mistaken to different poster mate.

There is nothing wrong to tell people like you to knock it off and stop blaming and finding excuses of players who didn't put foot wrong yesterday.
Sure, but you're extremely devoted to doing so almost to the point that makes it look like you're talking any criticism of Maguire rather personally.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sure, but you're extremely devoted to doing so almost to the point that makes it look like you're talking any criticism of Maguire rather personally.
Just read this thread.

And also read this:

It's crazy how people talk negative about him whether he had good game or bad game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He isn't our worst CB, far from it, but I still hope he would at least meet half of our expectation on him one day.

Fracture90

Just read this thread.

And also read this:

It's crazy how people talk negative about him whether he had good game or bad game.
It's the combination of things that people can't get over when it comes to Maguire. His serious shortcomings as a CB, Ole making him the captain the moment he was brought over, the fact he's prone to making some rather ridiculous mistakes and him being an average defender. He hogs on the ball, slowing down our attacks and being incredibly wasteful when it comes converting the opportunities we get from set pieces, one thing that was supposed to be one of his biggest strengths.

Was it when we got battered by Spurs he went into hiding after the match, not giving a post match interview, yet Rashford stepped up and took all the blame?

All that being said what imo the majority of people hold against him is that he's the constant reminder of us getting fleeced by Leicester by paying twice (if not more) what he was worth.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's the combination of things that people can't get over when it comes to Maguire. His serious shortcomings as a CB, Ole making him the captain the moment he was brought over, the fact he's prone to making some rather ridiculous mistakes and him being an average defender. He hogs on the ball, slowing down our attacks and being incredibly wasteful when it comes converting the opportunities we get from set pieces, one thing that was supposed to be one of his biggest strengths.

Was it when we got battered by Spurs he went into hiding after the match, not giving a post match interview, yet Rashford stepped up and took all the blame?

All that being said what imo the majority of people hold against him is that he's the constant reminder of us getting fleeced by Leicester by paying twice (if not more) what he was worth.
He didn’t put any foot wrong yesterday mate. Why are you writing essay to make excuses to blame him. Blame someone else, you have agenda.

Fracture90

He didn’t put any foot wrong yesterday mate. Why are you writing essay to make excuses to blame him. Blame someone else, you have agenda.
Mate you're paranoia induced defense mechanism is dialed to 11 if you took my previous post to be an "essay to make excuses to blame him".

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mate you're paranoia induced defense mechanism is dialed to 11 if you took my previous post to be an "essay to make excuses to blame him".
How did you even come out into such conclusion?

You were highlighting something that is not his fault which out of his control and something that he didn’t do yesterday. If that’s not ‘’essay to make excuses to blame him’’, I don’t know what else we want to call that. An agenda?

Drawfull

It's not like he ever asked Ole or Ed, hey buy me for 80m and makes me captain.
He didn't have to agree to sign for us and he certainly didn't have to agree to the captaincy. Regardless, that's the job for which he is employed and he's fecking useless at it.

Our defence in general is a shambles, and the biggest portion of blame whether he was directly involved in conceding a goal or not needs to sit squarely on his shoulders. To pretend otherwise shows a distinct lack of impartiality.

Fracture90

How did you even come out into such conclusion?

You were highlighting something that is not his fault which out of his control and something that he didn’t do yesterday. If that’s not ‘’essay to make excuses to blame him’’, I don’t know what else we want to call that. An agenda?
You can't seriously be asking me that question with a straight face? From the get go you're of the persuasion that I'm making excuses to blame Maguire ffs. The funniest part is that even if i was aiming to blame it on Maguire excuses aren't really necessary, he's providing us with plenty to go with.

Price tag isn't his fault obviously, but him being an average CB at best is down to him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He didn't have to agree to sign for us and he certainly didn't have to agree to the captaincy. Regardless, that's the job for which he is employed and he's fecking useless at it.

Our defence in general is a shambles, and the biggest portion of blame whether he was directly involved in conceding a goal or not needs to sit squarely on his shoulders. To pretend otherwise shows a distinct lack of impartiality.
This is the strangest post I have ever read. You are blaming Maguire for agree to sign for us and agree to take the captaincy. Players will feel privilege to come here & play for us, manager who decided to give the armband to the player isn’t something he should refuse. You are crazy if you tell me that Maguire should say ‘’no boss, give it to Pogba instead’’.

He wasn’t in fault for yesterday goals. If you want blame for the team then blame the whole team don’t blame individual for no reason.

Drawfull

This is the strangest post I have ever read. You are blaming Maguire for agree to sign for us and agree to take the captaincy. Players will feel privilege to come here & play for us, manager who decided to give the armband to the player isn’t something he should refuse. You are crazy if you tell me that Maguire should say ‘’no boss, give it to Pogba instead’’.

He wasn’t in fault for yesterday goals. If you want blame for the team then blame the whole team don’t blame individual for no reason.
The strangest post you've ever read, eh? Okey dokey.

I didn't blame him for the goals. Learn to read.

Fracture90

I feel like his arguing with himself a lot. He's projecting in his head whatever his subconscious would want to see in our posts and he's replying accordingly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You can't seriously be asking me that question with a straight face? From the get go you're of the persuasion that I'm making excuses to blame Maguire ffs. The funniest part is that even if i was aiming to blame it on Maguire excuses aren't really necessary, he's providing us with plenty to go with.

Price tag isn't his fault obviously, but him being an average CB at best is down to him.
Did he make ‘’ridiculous mistakes‘’ yesterday, no he didn’t.

Did he ‘’hogs on the ball and slowing down our attack’’ yesterday, no he didn’t.

Is it centre back job to score goals, no.

Did he ask the manager and Ed to pay 80m and give him the captaincy, no he didn’t.

These are the points you are making in your ridiculous essay, points that irrelevant from yesterday game but you put them into your essay because you need excuses to blame him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

You think I’m not reading and you can fool me?

Mate, this is you:
You are calling him for the biggest portion of blame for the any goals he was or wasn’t directly involved.

AFC NimbleThumb

He didn’t put any foot wrong yesterday mate.

You posted a video of him putting ‘a foot wrong’ then posted he didn’t put ‘a foot wrong’ :lol:

Is he at fault for the goal? Not directly, no but his putting ‘a foot wrong’ means the team is playing off of his shite clearance.

That being said Bruno f*cks us by trying to nutmeg a man in our defensive 3rd.

Fracture90

making some rather ridiculous mistakes and him being an average defender. He hogs on the ball, slowing down our attacks and being incredibly wasteful when it comes converting the opportunities we get from set pieces, one thing that was supposed to be one of his biggest strengths.

Did he make ‘’ridiculous mistakes‘’ yesterday, no he didn’t.

Did he ‘’hogs on the ball and slowing down our attack’’ yesterday, no he didn’t.

Is it centre back job to score goals, no.

Did he ask the manager and Ed to pay 80m and give him the captaincy, no he didn’t.

These are the points you are making in your ridiculous essay, points that irrelevant from yesterday game but you put them into your essay because you need excuses to blame him.
Oh lord, get it to your brain that I'm not evaluating his yesterday's performance but his tenure at UTD as a whole.

But if you insist, that fall of his was rather ridiculous and if a opposition player was close to him, could have easily been a dangerous situation for us.

He didn't hog onto the ball yesterday? Really mate?

It is not but the whole team benefits if you do and if that aspect of your game had been used as one of the main points around which his supporters are rallying around, you'd expect him to do better. After all, his job is to defend and he's not been brilliant at it either.

Price thing I've already explained in the previous reply, but i reckon in your urgency to reply back to whatever your brain had projected that I've written this time, you managed to overlook that.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Are there any Thiago Silva like transfers/defenders out there can we possibly sign to partner Maguire?
Alaba, if we convince him (probably by paying him vast sums of money). He’s so intelligent and experienced, has great pace & ball-playing skills to compensate for everything that Maguire lacks, while Maguire aerial prowess will help out with Alaba’s only major weakness. I really believe that he can transform our whole defence single-handedly, not only by adding individual quality, but also by improving the likes of Maguire and Shaw.

We’ll see what will happen with him. It seems unlikely that he’ll stay at Bayern at this point, but he clearly prioritizes Spain at this point.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

You posted a video of him putting ‘a foot wrong’ then posted he didn’t put ‘a foot wrong’ :lol:

Is he at fault for the goal? Not directly, no but his putting ‘a foot wrong’ means the team is playing off of his shite clearance.

That being said Bruno f*cks us by trying to nutmeg a man in our defensive 3rd.
Shit clearance? :lol:

That was good clearance, clearance that went straight to our player not the opposition player. Bruno had no reason to lose the ball there, he had more spaces and time when he received it before Ndidi came close to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.