Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldham

Joke of a defender based on this performance.
Just stand in front of the free kick you dumb m....

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Looked nervous before kick off and carried it into the game. He’s no leader

El Zoido

Need the highest standard at all times from the captain, yet he's out there clowning around. Does my head in.

He wasn't this bad last season, so we have to hope he at least returns to that level because he's playing every game whether we like it or not.

Dve

Maguire´s problem is he can´t head the ball. Whatever reputation he had as a good header, must have been based on pure luck. One hour extra training every day is what you need. Then rest some games.

kbbear

£80m then people think it's ok to ask for as quick defender to partner him. For £80 you'd expect the complete package.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
What the feck is going on with him. What the hell happened in Greece because he's nowhere near as shite as he is playing irrespective of Caf Hyperbole.
You're right. He isn't as bad as he's playing right now. However, he was never as good last season as some are making out and clearly not worth the fee we paid for him. Although of course that last part was never his fault.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To be honest he has been the worst of our players so far, our captain and 80 million defender. What happens to these players when they come to United?
He wasn't that good before he came

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What the feck is going on with him. What the hell happened in Greece because he's nowhere near as shite as he is playing irrespective of Caf Hyperbole.
He was shite before that incident it's just that people were either blaming De Gea or his cb partner

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Trash. Too slow, too immobile.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I was against this transfer. Money apart i was never convinced by the player.

There is one thing that our scouting team does on a regular basis. They mistake players who look good in certain teams/ systems for good players. Best example - Ander Herrera. Same applies to Maguire.

ti vu

Was nobody impressed with him last season? I thought he was dodgy early on but emerged as a top performer for us over the season.
Individually he was decent, but was not this world class CB, that captaining United on merit in his first season with the club. Nowadays he seems to believe his own hype.

We were lucky. 66 points in many seasons, wouldn't get 4th, let alone 3rd on goal difference.

The defensive record was overstated. The competition was not as good as this season and previous seasons with the team around us had up their quality. We were not far off them. With the amount of quality they're adding, them can easily leapfrog us.

Obiorahking_

He was doing the same shit for Leicester as he's doing now for Utd
This is interesting, i wish their were more tapes like this but half of these arn't even his fault. In fact, I could make one like this for all the top defenders in the game that will make them look bad. Mind you I think he's a decent at best CB and in no shape or form should be our captain. I think he dosen't communicate well enough nor does he do well under pressure which is why I think Lindleof was in theory a good shout for his partner because of how vocal he is.

dev1l

This is interesting, i wish their were more tapes like this but half of these arn't even his fault. In fact, I could make one like this for all the top defenders in the game that will make them look bad.
Agreed. You can compile videos of errors of any player you choose.

Obiorahking_

The competition was not as good as this season and previous seasons with the team around us had up their quality.
Not true. While there was a little bit of a drop in the "big six", mid table teams have gotten considerably better IMO.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Evening,

We had fans that would have snapped your hand off for £30,000,000. The fact you paid us £80,000,000 still seems ludicrous.

Playing for us, he was slow and didn’t allow us to press. He had the turning circle of the titanic. His biggest problem was that he needed an experienced defender like Evans next to him. Evans was always the better defender than him. He does the same with Soyünco now.

For you to make him captain was totally bizarre. When you think of the centre backs you’ve had as well .......

You would have been better keeping Smalling.

Last edited:

Pace Abuser

He was on the verge of crying in his interview regarding the Greece incident. This is supposed to be the captain and leader of United? Ffs

OldTrevil

Was nobody impressed with him last season? I thought he was dodgy early on but emerged as a top performer for us over the season.
I was impressed with how good we defended as a team, especially our pressing from the front and keeping attacks away from coming through the middle. However, the few times team managed to get through, Maguire never convinced me with his individual defending, as he was the most shaky, slower and made the more baffling decisions in regards to his positioning. His errors got rarely punished though, and there was a positive narrative around him so he got away with it.

SATA

Evening,

We had fans that would have snapped your hand off for £30,000,000. The fact you paid us £80,000,000 still seems ludicrous.

Playing for us, he was slow and didn’t allow us to press. He had the turning circle of the titanic. His biggest problem was that he needed an experienced defender like Evans next to him. Evans was always the better defender than him. He does the same with Soyünco now.

For you to make him captain was totally bizarre. When you think of the centre backs you’ve had as well .......

You would have been better keeping Sterling.
We do not have Sterling

ti vu

Not true. While there was a little bit of a drop in the "big six", mid table teams have gotten considerably better IMO.
We got 68 points in Mourinho first season, even after we downed tool at the very end of that season to focus on Europa League. We were distant from 3rd of that season. 66 points got third? 4 of the original top 6 dropped off the cliff in quality last season. Point tally doesn't lie. You're making excuse to make lower mid table look good, when the title winning able teams can still maintain 80+ points.

Mourinho first 2 seasons conceded under 30 goals. Last season defensive record hardly great when LVG 2 seasons conceding 34 and 36 goals in the league.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Stuck with him for a long time. At worst he was average last season, but he’s seriously horrific this season.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’ve backed him a lot, but there was no defending his performance today and his start to the season.

Looks like he needs a break. Maybe the Greece incident is affecting him.

I was disappointed shaw was out in front of the media and not Maguire too. I think that was a captains job after today’s performance

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not surprised. Never rated him, was happy we missed out on him under Jose but we still give him and got him for massive money and now we're stuck with him for long time because we're a passive club.

Ole needs to take action here, at least take the captaincy off him but he won't, this will carry on and cost us even more.

Average defender who's low on confidence.

Obiorahking_

We got 68 points in Mourinho first season, even after we downed tool at the very end of that season to focus on Europa League. We were distant from 3rd of that season. 66 points got third? 4 of the original top 6 dropped off the cliff in quality last season. Point tally doesn't lie. You're making excuse to make lower mid table look good, when the title winning able teams can still maintain 80+ points.

Mourinho first 2 seasons conceded under 30 goals. Last season defensive record hardly great when LVG 2 seasons conceding 34 and 36 goals in the league.
I think two things can be true at the same time. mid table teams have been improving but so have Liverpool/City. To really test it it would be more accurate to compare median pts tally across seasons. On your second point, I agree that our defensive record wasn't great but it was a considerable improvement over the previous year as likes of Smalling/Jones had taken a huge dip in form.

Jund

I am not trying to offend anyone, but guys, let's face it - Harry is the latest in a long line of expensive, overrated, overpaid, English players. This is our Andy Caroll, if you will. Smalling is twice the defender this guy is. How I wish we'd stop buying mediocre players for such ridiculous amounts...sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.