g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Maguire (Out): Chelsea eyeing a shock swoop for Harry Maguire | Utd say not for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Can anyone actually see anything happening with this? One of those transfers that I just can't imagine, - Harry Maguire holding a Chelsea shirt up before the end of this window. I think the rumour has even less legs than Harry himself.
:lol:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Realistically, we should all be hoping Chelsea sign Fofana. It’ll leave Leicester with a big pot of money and not a lot of time to get a replacement. I can see them offering £50m to get Maguire which would be a great result.

Judas

Open to offers
Realistically, we should all be hoping Chelsea sign Fofana. It’ll leave Leicester with a big pot of money and not a lot of time to get a replacement. I can see them offering £50m to get Maguire which would be a great result.
This is more realistic than him going to Chelsea this window or any window to be honest.

Kostov

If Chelsea get desperate and offer 50m say, I'd sell them Maguire even if that means we play with Varane, Martinez, Jones, Lindelof and Tuanzebe.

::sonny::

Very unlikely

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
This is not a bad plan at all.

We just need to find a way to get them secret money or something. The people at Chelsea don’t want him to have to walk around with the tag “most expensive defender in the world” at age 21, or this would already be done.

On the flip side, if you take inflation into account, they would have to buy him for like 110 for that title to be true. We are about to offer 60m for Anthony Gordon. The market is changing. I can see 80 m for a top prospect being considered “cheap” as early as next year.

The problem is LC want that “world record” tag. They want to parade it around like a head on a pike.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Please Leicester, you know you want to keep Fofana for at least another year :angel:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’d have mixed feelings if he was transferred to Chelsea.

I’d feel jubilant that the fridge has left us, but I’d also feel ecstasy that we received money for him.

Last edited:

The Purley King

Seems that the fofana deal won’t go through now, so I’m not sure this is as dead as it seems.
If we did sell him that potentially could be unexpected funds we get that might mean a last push for fdj

marcus agrippa

I thought he mostly played well for Utd, up until they started to play more aggressive football with a higher line. He doesn't have the agility or speed to turn and run so he was always going to struggle with the changes Ole and Rangnick tried to make and what Ten Hag wants to ultimately do. I do find the complete trashing of him a bit tedious, especially some of the revisionist history you see from dumbasses in YouTube comments (I know) that claim he has always been shit and him sitting on the bench the other day was his best performance for Utd.
Maguire is like the anti-Ronaldinho when it comes to YouTube comps: with Ronaldinho, you can find comps showing his outrageous skills, all unique, all from different matches. With Maguire, it's the same, only it's his feck-ups. Captain meme-tastic.

Tragic signing.

Tallis

I have thought long and hard about this and think if the opportunity arises, we should sell him. Yes - we would be a little short in cover but we can keep Tuanzebe (and have Jones) and can try to find a backup CB from somewhere in the winter window. Chelsea are desperate and we won’t get another opportunity to sell him

hobbers

Chelsea pairing Maguire with Koulibaly would be absolute comedy. Their line will drop so deep.

glasgow 21

Sell Maguire, bite chelsea's hand off and re invest it in someone like Nikola Milenković

Devil81

Can we afford to lose another CB?

Doesn't seem likely but it would be great to get rid of him.

RVN1991

I would rather we give some kid in the academy a chance at CB than play this overpriced refrigerator another minute.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
The same old problem exists with Harry in that most Premier league clubs cannot afford Man Utd type wages.
Leicester have made some poor decisions lately but signing Harry for 50m would be the Fcuk Up of the century.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The same old problem exists with Harry in that most Premier league clubs cannot afford Man Utd type wages.
Leicester have made some poor decisions lately but signing Harry for 50m would be the Fcuk Up of the century.
It would, but you're about to be £80m+ richer, so £50m for Harry and some change for his wages too. :drool:

kaku06

Vulgarian
I’d have mixed feelings if he was transferred to Chelsea.

I’d feel jubilant that the fridge has left us, but I’d also feel ecstasy that we received money for him.
I know. I understand those feelings like when I broke up with my ex.

I was so happy that I left her but I also felt so happy that my money is mine now. So mixed feelings. :drool:

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
It would, but you're about to be £80m+ richer, so £50m for Harry and some change for his wages too. :drool:
We owe St Etienne 16 mil as part of the sell on fee. 20% of the profit !!
got that wrong. around 10 mill

Last edited:

DickDastardly

If Chelsea get desperate and offer 50m say, I'd sell them Maguire even if that means we play with Varane, Martinez, Jones, Lindelof and Tuanzebe.
We should chop their hands off for 50m.

I highly doubt anyone out there is dumb enough to take him off our hands.

A January loan for him after he spends the next 10 games on the bench posting on Instagram.

captaincantona

Don’t be surprised to to see McT show up as a backup CB. ETH, like all those who came before him, likes McTominay despite what his eyes should be telling him. The guys attitude seems good so if we sign another midfielder I could see him being used at CB before I could see him being sold.

Tweek

Clean break might do harry good ,he's not a bad defender just well out of sorts here and the reset would do him the world of good I think.
Yeah, this is how I feel. He is not a bad player, but he is in the worst moment of his career with us and his confidence is totally gone. He knows he doesn't have the trust or respect of a large part of United's fanbase and has become intrinsically linked with the club's recent struggles.

His price tag and the way he was bought, his ever declining form on the pitch (which is magnified because of his cost and his perceived status in the United and England teams), the constant chain of avoidable errors, the terrible media appearances and posts... everything has gone wrong for him; some of it his fault, some not. I think it is irrecoverable now though and seeing Varane and Martinez play so well together on Monday night was probably one of the final nails in the coffin for him.

I doubt he leaves this window unless someone throws big money at us but I see the captaincy being quietly moved onto someone else by way of Harry spending a lot of games on the bench before he ulimately goes next summer.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Clean break might do harry good ,he's not a bad defender just well out of sorts here and the reset would do him the world of good I think.
Yeah, probably true.

It's the old United problem, though: we paid a fortune for him and he's on huge (relatively speaking) wages.

That said, we hardly have depth enough to comfortably let him go. A cynical person might say that our CB pair from the Liverpool game consisted of a midget and a crock.

(I would only partly agree with that cynical person, mind - as I don't think the midget thing is too worrying if the player is ultimately good enough, which he could be: I like him. But Varane is a crock - it would be insane to rely on him not being that.)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maguire will look much better in Chelsea back 3 if it happens which I don't think it will.

He just doesn't suit a back 4.

Tallis

Selling Maguire for €50m would be our best sale ever. Better than Lukaku or De Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.