Harry Maguire

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure if I just caught him on a good day but looks a good prospect. Massive unit, good technically & deceptively agile for such a big lad. Comfortably the best player on the pitch against Chelsea last weekend.

Wonder if any of the Top 6 will take a punt on him like Chelsea did with Cahill.

Ole90+3

I would go out of my way not to watch Hull but caught the full 90 minutes against Chelsea and Maguire certainly stood out. Surprisingly comfortable on the ball and an all round dominant performance. Didn't realise he was only 23.

worldinmotion66

Reminds me of the barrel-chested Richard Dunne - looks just as clumsy but deceptively decent technically. I think the likes of Keane and Gibson are greater prospects from the lower reaches.

Nickosaur

Not sure if I just caught him on a good day but looks a good prospect. Massive unit, good technically & deceptively agile for such a big lad. Comfortably the best player on the pitch against Chelsea last weekend.

Wonder if any of the Top 6 will take a punt on him like Chelsea did with Cahill.
Slightly different no? Cahill had over 4 seasons in the top flight and was 26 (ish, I think?)

Maguire did impress me but he needs to do it for longer for a top 6 team to take a punt. Could see a team like Everton/Southampton going for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He carried the ball out on a great run against us in the League Cup too I think.

JeffBoomTetris

I just looked him up. Really surprised that he's only 23. He looks as if he's 32 or something. Good prospect but at United we already have a bulldozer of a CB that is Mr. Philip Jones. He's got good technique for his size but don't know if that will transform well on to a better ball playing team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think he's found his level TBH. The 3 man defence let's him go on his jollies but he couldn't get away with that regularly.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
He's done fantastically well recently and is still young. I wouldn't mind getting him if he keeps this up until the end of the season because honestly he seems like an absolute rock and is composed which could be the perfect partner for Rojo.

Trizy

We made him look like Pique the past 2 games..

PoTMS

Just a bigger Phil Jones. Nothing to see here.

Womp

idiot
Has looked solid but think it has more to do with the defensive set-up Hull have than him being an actual top CB. Similar to us with Smalling last year.

NoPace

We made him look like Pique the past 2 games..
Yeah, young Pique could really carry the ball. Maguire is doing well on the left side, despite not having a good left foot, so you wonder if he could step up and help a better side Everton or Southampton as an RCB on his natural side.

At the moment, it certainly looks like Silva will keep them up, get some good performances from players and see them moved up the table like Snodgrass and Livermore were, and I'd guess Maguire and Robertson to be the likeliest candidates. I would have said Clucas, (he can actually play a bit so could see him at a better side doing well in a 3 man midfield, even if he's not the most exciting player in the world) but he's 26, which is 2-3 years older than I thought.

Fracture90

He's a player to keep an eye on.

Tall, strong, has skills with the ball, often making them runs in which he dribbles past few players even tho he's a CB.

Was it him that sent that long pass for Hull's 2nd goal yesterday?

Cereal Killer

Has looked solid but think it has more to do with the defensive set-up Hull have than him being an actual top CB. Similar to us with Smalling last year.
Agreed that the set up has helped shine the light on his qualities, but they are there to see. Much more composed on the ball than Smalling imo.

ti vu

Agreed that the set up has helped shine the light on his qualities, but they are there to see. Much more composed on the ball than Smalling imo.
I am on the same boat. He's not being tested with being isolated 1 vs 1 defensive with attacker that much which CB playing for big clubs often being tested. Very impressive performance so far, not doubt

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'd prefer to buy back Michael Keane instead if we want yet another English CB.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
One to keep an eye on. Looks useful in the air at both ends of the pitch which we are lacking.

m1y2

like some here am impressed that he's still 23, if Hull goes down can't see him and Robertson staying but perhaps Silva can save them from relegation and can transform them into a new Bournemouth. Maguire looks little bit like Harry Kane/ Jonny Evans on the ball strange but that popped up in my head when saw him making some of his runs lately, pretty elegant for a big guy...

Certainly early to talk about any potential top6 move but a good premier league career ahead of him for sure

ariel

Actually impressed me a lot during our recent three games with Hull. Strong in defence and not shy to go forward. Good technic too.
Didn't realise he is only 23. Looks much older

Javi

Actually impressed me a lot during our recent three games with Hull. Strong in defence and not shy to go forward. Good technic too.
Didn't realise he is only 23. Looks much older
The rushes forward are an accident waiting to happen. He doesn't seem too comfortable with having players at his back and the way he drives the ball looks very vulnerable imo. He's 23 though so he can work on that, it's mainly a mental task. Just stay cool and keep things simple.

Last edited:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Looks good, Him and Robertson seem to have some good qualities. If hull survive the drop then these two will be key players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Destined to make the jump to a mid table type team, I think. Has always looked good at Hull, even when they were poor. Dawson, Ranocchia and him look a solid back 3.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ive watched Harry live plenty of times this season and he is in truth far too good for Hull. He's got all the attributes to be a really decent CB, physically dominant but a deceptively good footballer. Makes the right decisions to. Other than scything Mane down once he coped with the pace and trickery of liverpools front 3 really well (they did look shite though). Fully expect him to stay in the PL if Hull go down. Robertson will as well.

johanovic

He´s played very well, is good on the ball and win´s most of his 1x1 duels. I agree that Robertson has looked good also and I would not mind having him as a left back option along with Shaw. It will be interesting to see how Harry will play until the end of the season, in many way´s he´s a similar player to Van Dijk at Southampton.