Harry & Meghan step back from Royals - seeking financial independence

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Wait, so if you spend 3 months of the year in 4 different countries you dont have to pay any tax? (I know US citizens have to pay tax no matter where they live unless they give up their citizenship ad you say)
Yes... You wouldn't be resident for tax purpose in any
Hence I'd tell her to get UK citizenship first then renounce her us one so no taxes

Think you can spend just under 6 months in some countries but spending 3 is easier as they could go most places on tourist visas... Post some sponsored Instagram stuff and probably be given suites in 5 star places for posting pics...

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yes... You wouldn't be resident for tax purpose in any
Hence I'd tell her to get UK citizenship first then renounce her us one so no taxes

Think you can spend just under 6 months in some countries but spending 3 is easier as they could go most places on tourist visas... Post some sponsored Instagram stuff and probably be given suites in 5 star places for posting pics...
Oh to be moderately famous, literally live for free.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I think Harry is going to ultimate regret this course of action.

You can see, from his recent royal engagements/appearances how much he cares about the causes he supports and how his patronage provides a tremendous amount of publicity for those causes.

I think it's a real shame that it has come to this, because they both seem happy to throw themselves into the role and the gutter media, seemingly, has hounded them out.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think he'll tire of the Hollywood lifestyle as it's ultimately shallow and meaningless. He seems deeper than all that.

Classical Mechanic

Turns out they’re still going to be funded by Charles through his ‘commercial’ income from the Duchy of Cornwall and that Chaz can claim tax relief against it! In effect the taxpayer will still be contributing to their main income.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Considering she did a runner and left him to pick up and try mend the pieces she created you’d think she’d at least be arsed picking up Harry From the airport or meeting him there.

Weird considering she found time to pick up her friend from the airport a Few days ago But can’t meet her husband that’s given up everything for her. He’s just a love sick puppy and this horrible women knows that.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I doubt that very much
https://sussexroyal.com/funding/

Why are The Duke and Duchess of Sussex choosing this new working model?
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex take great pride in their work and are committed to continuing their charitable endeavours as well as establishing new ones. In addition, they value the ability to earn a professional income, which in the current structure they are prohibited from doing. For this reason they have made the choice to become members of the Royal Family with financial independence. Their Royal Highnesses feel this new approach will enable them to continue to carry out their duties for Her Majesty The Queen, while having the future financial autonomy to work externally. While the contribution from The Sovereign Grant covers just five percent of costs for The Duke and Duchess and is specifically used for their official office expense, Their Royal Highnesses prefer to release this financial tie. More details on the specifics of the Sovereign Grant are outlined below.

What is the Sovereign Grant?
The Sovereign Grant is the annual funding mechanism of the monarchy that covers the work of the Royal Family in support of HM The Queen including expenses to maintain official residences and workspaces. In this exchange, The Queen surrenders the revenue of the Crown Estate and in return, a portion of these public funds are granted to The Sovereign/The Queen for official expenditure. This is outlined in the 2018-19 Annual Report of the Sovereign Grant which is linked below. Please note, this structure replaced The Civil List in 2012. More details on this can be found on The United Kingdom’s public sector information website: gov.uk

How has the Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex been funded up to now?
Since the establishment of The Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, 95 percent of the funding received for their Office expenditure is derived from income allocated by HRH The Prince of Wales, generated through the Duchy of Cornwall. This provision has been in place since Prince William and Prince Harry first established their offices in support of The Queen, and is the responsibility of The Prince of Wales. This information continues to be available on The Duchy of Cornwall website.
Word salad, but tldr they're getting their money from 1. Charles, and 2. Souvereign grant which amounts to 5%

Now reports are saying, they say no to the 5%, but still took the 95% from Charles.

They earn a professional income on top of that.

Financial Independence la!

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
https://sussexroyal.com/funding/

Word salad, but tldr they're getting their money from 1. Charles, and 2. Souvereign grant which amounts to 5%

Now reports are saying, they say no to the 5%, but still took the 95% from Charles.

They earn a professional income on top of that.

Financial Independence la!
I know that they are receiving most of their income from daddy, but I can't see how that can possibly be tax deductible, which was my original point.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Considering she did a runner and left him to pick up and try mend the pieces she created you’d think she’d at least be arsed picking up Harry From the airport or meeting him there.

Weird considering she found time to pick up her friend from the airport a Few days ago But can’t meet her husband that’s given up everything for her. He’s just a love sick puppy and this horrible women knows that.
This post is a joke.

Maticmaker

Turns out they’re still going to be funded by Charles through his ‘commercial’ income from the Duchy of Cornwall and that Chaz can claim tax relief against it! In effect the taxpayer will still be contributing to their main income.
Did you honestly think it was going to be any different?
It was surely part of the deal, "you two kids go off an play nice in Canada/USA, but don't get into any mischief and daddy will keep the tap on by claiming tax relief"... or something like that

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
@Sassy Colin it seems the point which @Sky1981 is making (...but probably does really understand) is that the Duchy is exempt from CT and there are special arrangements in place where Charles pays voluntary income tax from the income he derives from it. But it also looks like he has personal expenses going through the accounts of the Duchy. The assumption being that whilst he pays voluntary IT on his salary, he does not pay the voluntary IT on the benefits in kind from the Duchy...and if he gifts Harry from this income then Harry would have benefitted from the tax exempt status of the Duchy. Or something like that.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
@Sassy Colin it seems the point which @Sky1981 is making (...but probably does really understand) is that the Duchy is exempt from CT and there are special arrangements in place where Charles pays voluntary income tax from the income he derives from it. But it also looks like he has personal expenses going through the accounts of the Duchy. The assumption being that whilst he pays voluntary IT on his salary, he does not pay the voluntary IT on the benefits in kind from the Duchy...and if he gifts Harry from this income then Harry would have benefitted from the tax exempt status of the Duchy. Or something like that.
So my original point still stands:

I doubt that very much
He is not claiming tax relief on the payments to Harry & Megan, if it is tax exempt.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He is not claiming tax relief on the payments to Harry & Megan, if it is tax exempt.
I know. I'm just pointing out what the actual tax advantage is for Harry which they're failing to explain. They're probably not tax trained so don't know the difference.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Piers, is that you?

Woman wants to be with her very young child shocker.

dannyrhinos89

Piers, is that you?

Woman wants to be with her very young child shocker.
Still takes nothing to go and meet him from the airport considering they’ve not seen him in awhile, It’s what a normal person would do. Those that think it’s a joint decision need to accept it’s not, they‘ve moved to Canada as a stop gap before ending up in America for that lovely Hollywood lifestyle That SHE desperately wants.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Still takes nothing to go and meet him from the airport considering they’ve not seen him in awhile, It’s what a normal person would do. Those that think it’s a joint decision need to accept it’s not, they‘ve moved to Canada as a stop gap before ending up in America for that lovely Hollywood lifestyle That SHE desperately wants.
Why did you capitalise "SHE"?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Her husband is over here there while she's gone to the kid. Can't see the conspiracy. Maybe it is her that is pushing more to leave the UK, in fact likely it is, but doesn't mean he isn't keen on moving and leaving some of the press storm behind him. Also your post has a whiff of 'she took our 'Arry' to it'. So what if she does happen to wear the trousers in their relationship?

dannyrhinos89

Her husband is over here there while she's gone to the kid. Can't see the conspiracy. Maybe it is her that is pushing more to leave the UK, in fact likely it is, but doesn't mean he isn't keen on moving and leaving some of the press storm behind him. Also your post has a whiff of 'she took our 'Arry' to it'. So what if she does happen to wear the trousers in their relationship?
How hard is it to sit in the backseat of a chauffeur driven secured car with Archie to meet your husband at the airport having not seen him for a week? That’s not a conspiracy it’s just bad manners. Pretty sure any bloke in a relationship would want to see them both and feel slightly put out if they weren’t there.

As for media and press thats irrelevant as no matter where the are they will have a presence it’ll arguably be much worse in America than in UK so the whole “we want a quiet life“ I just can’t see it happening especially considering she Ultimately wants to be back in LA to further her career as an actress.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
How hard is it to sit in the backseat of a chauffeur driven secured car with Archie to meet your husband at the airport having not seen him for a week? That’s not a conspiracy it’s just bad manners. Pretty sure any bloke in a relationship would want to see them both and feel slightly put out if they weren’t there.

As for media and press thats irrelevant as no matter where the are they will have a presence it’ll arguably be much worse in America than in UK so the whole “we want a quiet life“ I just can’t see it happening especially considering she Ultimately wants to be back in LA to further her career as an actress.
I'm not a celebrity obviously so I don't have much to compare it to but it seems to me the gossip press is way more aggressive than here in the US. At the very least Americans are easier to distract and lose attention to things because there is simply so much more to pay attention to. If only based on the vast amount of celebrities to track. Just wait for another celebrity to OD, get a divorce, get in an accident, buy something obscene for their kids etc. Harry and Meghan are not the only "royalty" here so to speak.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!

I'm not sure what their plans are, but I really can't see her going back into acting.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Can’t believe we are discussing whether or not a woman went and picked up her husband from the airport. Sums up this entire debacle.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

If they had the emotional immaturity of a potato.
If I'd gone away for a week I would not expect my wife and young son to meet me at the airport.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can’t believe we are discussing whether or not a woman went and picked up her husband from the airport. Sums up this entire debacle.
This, and how everyone should feel about this, as if we know the details and it’s any of our business.

dannyrhinos89

If they had the emotional immaturity of a potato.
If I'd gone away for a week I would not expect my wife and young son to meet me at the airport.
Well you aren’t part Of the royal family and he’s just probably gone through one of the most stressful weeks of his life to me it’s called supporting your husband and the simple fact is she left him to deal with all this and he had to pick up the pieces over here by himself addressing media and whatnot, so the fact she couldn’t be arsed meeting him with their new born son that he’s not seen for awhile to me that’s just not right.

I'm not sure what their plans are, but I really can't see her going back into acting.
He already got her a job on that cringe inducing video that was circulating recently tbf it was only voice acting and they did donate that money which is a great gesture but I do think she will end up back in acting At some stage It all part of her master plan :devil:

I'm not a celebrity obviously so I don't have much to compare it to but it seems to me the gossip press is way more aggressive than here in the US. At the very least Americans are easier to distract and lose attention to things because there is simply so much more to pay attention to. If only based on the vast amount of celebrities to track. Just wait for another celebrity to OD, get a divorce, get in an accident, buy something obscene for their kids etc. Harry and Meghan are not the only "royalty" here so to speak.
to be honest I barely even read about them up until all this recent news. I don’t think they were under the public eye anywhere near as much as people are making out, I suppose there is more celebs to focus on in the US it’s a much bigger pool So maybe they can fly under the radar and stay out of the limelight But I don’t think that’s what Meghan wants.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Well you aren’t part Of the royal family and he’s just probably gone through one of the most stressful weeks of his life to me it’s called supporting your husband and the simple fact is she left him to deal with all this and he had to pick up the pieces over here by himself addressing media and whatnot, so the fact she couldn’t be arsed meeting him with their new born son that he’s not seen for awhile to me that’s just not right.

He already got her a job on that cringe inducing video that was circulating recently tbf it was only voice acting and they did donate that money which is a great gesture but I do think she will end up back in acting At some stage It all part of her master plan :devil:

to be honest I barely even read about them up until all this recent news. I don’t think they were under the public eye anywhere near as much as people are making out, I suppose there is more celebs to focus on in the US it’s a much bigger pool So maybe they can fly under the radar and stay out of the limelight But I don’t think that’s what Meghan wants.
You seem to know an awful lot about the Royals and all their intentions

Also you’re not a part of the royal family either, so maybe don’t assume what is an acceptable behaviour inside someone else’s relationship?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
We’ve now reached the stage where Harry & Meghan are gettin vilified for wanting out due to the press, whilst the same press are applauding the royal rapist Andrew for the support he’s giving his mum in her hour of need..
The same press that spout out propaganda about things which will actually greatly harm their vast majority of their readership.
Kinell!!!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
We’ve now reached the stage where Harry & Meghan are gettin vilified for wanting out due to the press, whilst the same press are applauding the royal rapist Andrew for the support he’s giving his mum in her hour of need..
The same press that spout out propaganda about things which will actually greatly harm their vast majority of their readership.
Kinell!!!
We re lucky England isn't the world power the US is. I blame almost all our shifty behavior on the English that helped form this country. There isn't much of a difference in the way corruption is defended and politics are done - just the stakes in England are lower and the attention isn't as great because we demand so much of it instead. Makes for good stories, TV shows, movies and documentaries though . :lol: