Has Phil Jones played his last game?

JMack1234

No he hasn't because all of CB options are much of muchness.

Was lucky not to give a penalty away in the first half and now he's injured again. Needs to be moved on like nearly all our CBs but we'll have to wait.

nycender

Honestly haven’t a clue how Kane beat him to that header

Yagami

Good post resistant
Awful footballer. To think some still rate him.

Seij

He will get his testimonial here and get injured 20 minutes into that match.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's been pretty good in recent times but I have no idea what he was trying to do on that corner. The least you expect is your CB making it physicality hard for the opposing striker.

JK-27

Let's hope it's his last game. Too inconsistent, too rash, and too often injured. And we've known this for at least 3 years now.

99withaflake

Struggling to see which clubs would buy him considering his wages and injury record.

I reckon he'll be back playing for us this season, and then in the summer we'll leave it late to buy a CB, giving us very little time to sell him.

tjb

Our back four really scares me at the moment, the summer news mixed with the constant injuries has really been highlighted this season already. It looks like a theme. WE NEED A NEW CB

Needham

Uncommon shape for a modern footballer, exacerbates the appearance of clumsiness when he gets it wrong. Also, the guy probably doesn't even know what his own best position is.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Uncommon shape for a modern footballer, exacerbates the appearance of clumsiness when he gets it wrong. Also, the guy probably doesn't even know what his own best position is.
He is a CB. I think Moyes was the manager the last time he played a different position. Come to think about it I think he was subbed on as a RB once under Mourinho.

Rednotdead

The mere fact that Jones gets anywhere near the starting X1 quite clearly shows the problems we have in defence. He's a penalty waiting to happen.

Rednotdead

He bought two of those.

And one didn't even make the matchday squad yesterday.
Well, yes. But how many times did Fergie buy players and they turned out to be duffers?? It happens throughout football, always has and always will.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jose laughing at him in the post match interview “I don’t know what Phil Jones has....” could be interpreted as “what did I ever see in that clown?”

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I don't know which matches you all watch? He's actually a good player and certainly worthy of a place in the squad. He has been really unlucky with injuries.

HJ12

I feel sorry for the guy because in FM terms his got injury proneness of 100! And we simply cannot rely on him to be fit for a reasonable amount of time. We need to move on. No point in being a squad player if you're always injured.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Listen bro, we've been saying this for ages. He isn't going anywhere. What's insane is that Jose normally does well with defenders and can't get a tune out of him. He's a poor player end of

stubie

Club should just pay him off

Give it a year and if he doesn’t retire he will end up playing for Swindon Town

Rednotdead

All of Mourinho's signings (not including Fred as it is too soon) have been consistently average or shit.
But was it Mourinho who signed them, or Woodward?

Recent happenings indicate Woodward has far too much involvement in the football side of the club.

shabz

This is life with Phil Jones. The potential has never been fulfilled and I believe it is too late fot him to realise it now. He can still be a decent PL defender but for us it must he time to call it quits.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Time after time his good attributes are eclipsed shambolic moments and injuries. Whether it's mainly bad luck or bad judgement it's high time we realised he cannot be relied upon.

Eddy_JukeZ

Well that's just not true.
I think Ibra and Matic(presuming his match vs Spurs was him being unfit) are the only incoming players that have been a success with Mourinho.

Pogba: Blows hot and cold
Mkhi: no longer here
Bailly: Started well, huge downward trend
Lindelof: Enough said
Lukaku: Decent, nothing amazing
Sanchez: seems to well past his best
Fred: TBD
Dalot: TBD

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
All of Mourinho's signings (not including Fred as it is too soon) have been consistently average or shit.
Yet three of them are our best players, Matic Pogba Lukaku. Sanchez has been poor but I think he’ll do well also. Bailley up and down and Lindelof just poor (I said it from his first 4-5 games he looks a midfielder playing defence) and agree about Fred but he looks decent so far. It’s the supporting cast of Jones Herrera Mata Lingard Rojo Darmain Blind (before sold) that were nowhere near good enough and still the case. That’s not on Jose for me although what a difference not having Mata on the wing last night.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
One can only hope.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yet three of them are our best players, Matic Pogba Lukaku. Sanchez has been poor but I think he’ll do well also. Bailley up and down and Lindelof just poor (I said it from his first 4-5 games he looks a midfielder playing defence) and agree about Fred but he looks decent so far. It’s the supporting cast of Jones Herrera Mata Lingard Rojo Darmain Blind (before sold) that were nowhere near good enough and still the case. That’s not on Jose for me although what a difference not having Mata on the wing last night.
Three of a bad bunch doesn't deserve credit IMHO. Specially when you think how much better we need them to be

Alabaster Codify7

Pathetic again to be honest. We've just got a mish-mash of average to fairly good CBs so it's no surprise we're so error prone back there.

Jones shouldn't play for us again. He's West Ham standard