Has political correctness actually gone mad?

Name Changed

weso26
Fireman Sam retired because apparently some women are too scared join the fire brigade because of a male mascot.

Are some women actually that stupid ?

Name Changed

weso26
The genderless penguin is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard also.

Pogue in answer to your question, yes.

Name Changed

weso26
I mean that's what the person wanted. Why would you go against their personal wishes unless you has a good reason?
What a person wants to do with themselves is all perfectly fine..to go in to a job and demand two different ids depending on how you are feeling that morning is ridiculous. If they decide tomorrow to go on and identify as Fluffy the cat do they get another id and whatever else required? Since it's their personal wishes and all?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I used to prefer the old internet days, when if someone got outraged over stupid shit you could just call them a daft cnut and move on with your day.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What a person wants to do with themselves is all perfectly fine..to go in to a job and demand two different ids depending on how you are feeling that morning is ridiculous. If they decide tomorrow to go on and identify as Fluffy the cat do they get another id and whatever else required? Since it's their personal wishes and all?
#furrieshaverightstoo

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Since they aren't asking to be identified as a cat, do you actually have an issue with them identifying as a man or a woman on different days? All you've said so far is that it's ridiculous but not what the actual problem you have with it would be.

Shamwow

Depends on what exactly they are asking others to do? If they want two names fair enough but it would be my right to just pick one and call it them. No way should they be giving a daily press release (I've not read the article btw) detailing what they want to be called. What a load of bollocks!
Sure it's your right to but why would you want to?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Since they aren't asking to be identified as a cat, do you actually have an issue with them identifying as a man or a woman on different days? All you've said so far is that it's ridiculous but not what the actual problem you have with it would be.
Sounds like something which would be a complete waste of time for people. If you're having to be told what somebody wants to be called every day and have to carefully remember that (it's bound to get confusing) then you're dedicating unnecessary mental energy to something when really you should be focusing on your job and not dumb shit like if somebody wakes up thinking they're a different gender every day.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Depends on what exactly they are asking others to do? If they want two names fair enough but it would be my right to just pick one and call it them. No way should they be giving a daily press release (I've not read the article btw) detailing what they want to be called. What a load of bollocks!
Then why would you comment on it

Shamwow

Sounds like something which would be a complete waste of time for people. If you're having to be told what somebody wants to be called every day and have to carefully remember that (it's bound to get confusing) then you're dedicating unnecessary mental energy to something when really you should be focusing on your job and not dumb shit like if somebody wakes up thinking they're a different gender every day.
The article doesn't mention anything about forcing anyone to do anything, and I'm sure it would if it had the opportunity to, seeing as the Telegraph is a notoriously transphobic newspaper that loves stirring shit.

You're trying to make it sound like as much of an effort as possible to treat this person in the way they would want to be treated and I'm still thinking "what's the actual problem here?".

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The article doesn't mention anything about forcing anyone to do anything, and I'm sure it would if it had the opportunity to, seeing as the Telegraph is a notoriously transphobic newspaper that loves stirring shit.

You're trying to make it sound like as much of an effort as possible to treat this person in the way they would want to be treated and I'm still thinking "what's the actual problem here?".
You don't think people working there will be hugely pressured to conform? Or at least absolutely feel they have to do so.

The Met officer quoted talks about the wasted resources. They're ok dedicating time and money to somebody supposedly waking up every morning a new gender. Should be dedicating resources to getting the person mental help.

Eboue

You don't think people working there will be hugely pressured to conform? Or at least absolutely feel they have to do so.

The Met officer quoted talks about the wasted resources. They're ok dedicating time and money to somebody supposedly waking up every morning a new gender. Should be dedicating resources to getting the person mental help.
Ah yes, here it is.

Shamwow

You mean the former met officer who got disciplined a few years back for (among other things) comparing gay marriage equality to nazi germany? I'm sure he has a perfectly rational take on things, with no axe to grind, and I'm sure the Telegraph had no agenda in calling him up for a comment on the article.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

The retired* Met officer talks about wasting resources, valid point in a period of Tory austerity, but then goes on to say “But there will always be enough to fill a diversity unit to run crazy schemes like this. Little wonder the public lose faith in the police.”

So not only is he implying that diversity schemes are crazy, but then conflating the lack of public confidence in the police is somehow tied to this.

In short; he's an idiot.

The policeman in question has two warrant cards - which carry his names, the people working with him only have to look at his name tag and address him. It wouldn't take longer than a week to get used to it and get on with their jobs, I would presume.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Ah yes, here it is.
Yeah if you wake up every day and have to decide what gender you feel like on that day, you're totally a mentally stable person and we should all just pretend like that's normal so we don't hurt feelings.

Eboue

Yeah if you wake up every day and have to decide what gender you feel like on that day, you're totally a mentally stable person and we should all just pretend like that's normal so we don't hurt feelings.
We all make sacrifices to be part of a society. For example, people dont go around calling you a cretin every time you open your mouth. They just pretend like you're normal so they dont hurt your feelings.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
We all make sacrifices to be part of a society. For example, people dont go around calling you a cretin every time you open your mouth. They just pretend like you're normal so they dont hurt your feelings.
No it's because they're little cowardly weasels like you who will only do that over a computer and wouldn't say shit to anybody's face in the real world.

stevoc

Last edited:

Shamwow

The retired* Met officer talks about wasting resources, valid point in a period of Tory austerity, but then goes on to say “But there will always be enough to fill a diversity unit to run crazy schemes like this. Little wonder the public lose faith in the police.”

So not only is he implying that diversity schemes are crazy, but then conflating the lack of public confidence in the police is somehow tied to this.

In short; he's an idiot.

The policeman in question has two warrant cards - which carry his names, the people working with him only have to look at his name tag and address him. It wouldn't take longer than a week to get used to it and get on with their jobs, I would presume.
He's actually worse than an idiot: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18073...r-posting-support-for-ukip-and-brexit-online/
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/...ty-to-nazi-germany-facing-disciplinary-probe/

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I f*cking hate this thread.