Hating Lingard

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Not sure what your point is, that's a very good team and the best team in that season.

No it's not flavor of month award, it's for the best players in the season.
I wasn't making a point, I was asking a question.

And if it is the one where the votes are collected in January even the players themselves admit they tend to plump for flavour of the month over who has performed better over the two seasons the vote covers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I wasn't making a point, I was asking a question.

And if it is the one where the votes are collected in January even the players themselves admit they tend to plump for flavour of the month over who has performed better over the two seasons the vote covers.
Voting deadline is around March.

Anyways De Gea was very good in the second season.

Class of 63

Sourness
Okay, I will ignore the first 2 paragraphs.

So in the premier league - 18 /19 - 27 matches 4 goals 3 assists
- 17/18 - 33 games 8 goals 6 assists
- 16/17 - 25 games 1 goal 2 assists

Maybe you need to visit your old school books.

I am confident because he clearly doesn't have the quality needed to perform at the highest level consistently.

Okay, he is not playing No.10 because you said so, let me re word it. He is playing in a position behind the striker and infront of 2 midfield players and in between 2 wingers where he is expected to link the attack and sometimes get into the box.
Funny that you ignore his stats in the cup competitions for the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons but will include the appearances he makes in those competitions when you have a go at him.

Le Red

The fact that so many fans defend Jesse Lingard has a role to play at MUFC speaks volumes about the situation the club has been put in.
Jesse Lingard and the likes put the club to shame. I don't care he's a "local kid". I don't care he runs. Shit footballers should be anywhere near a club of this importance.

romufc

Funny that you ignore his stats in the cup competitions for the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons but will include the appearances he makes in those competitions when you have a go at him.
https://www.premierleague.com/players/4337/Jesse-Lingard/overview

Please have a look at appearances.

It is funny, maybe you should include pre season and International in your count because it will suit your agenda.

Obviously if your going to add more games. The reason I said 10 is in the prem because that is what youd expect a no. 10 to get.

If you are looking at all comps you would want 10 goals and 10 assists surely.

Le Red

I went to the Milan friendly in Cardiff in the summer and the kids were all buzzing about Lingard / talking about him etc in the stands.

But the way they spoke about him and stuff wasn't the same way they were discussing the other players - it's a strange observation but it was more like they were talking about a 'mascot' or a cartoon character of some kind. Not a footballer for United.

Kids seem to love him probably because he's very responsive and active on social media, I'd imagine he interacts with his young fans quite a lot......and that's one thing I will not beat him with because that's cool.

But he seems to be getting away with being more of celebrity or similar rather than a sportsman.
I have no words to express how sorry I am for those kids that their football idol is Jesse Lingard.

Robbie Boy

This is depressing. He's far from a garbage player and is worthy of being in the squad. The issue we have currently is we are building so some squad players are first team players until we effectively replace/improve said areas.

Lingard is a squad level player, as is Mctominay. They are both worthy of that status and should be at the club.

I think some forget the importance of having a squad. O'Shea, Fletcher, Park etc.
Delusion.

Class of 63

Sourness
Voting deadline is around March.

Anyways De Gea was very good in the second season.
Fair enough, is that the one where Ginola was named player of the season(99) despite Manchester United winning the treble?

Not sure he was very good, but by the end of the season it was obvious to most why the club had invested so much money and time in him.

Class of 63

Sourness
https://www.premierleague.com/players/4337/Jesse-Lingard/overview

Please have a look at appearances.

It is funny, maybe you should include pre season and International in your count because it will suit your agenda.

Obviously if your going to add more games. The reason I said 10 is in the prem because that is what youd expect a no. 10 to get.

If you are looking at all comps you would want 10 goals and 10 assists surely.
I have no interest, stats send me to sleep.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
This is depressing. He's far from a garbage player and is worthy of being in the squad. The issue we have currently is we are building so some squad players are first team players until we effectively replace/improve said areas.

Lingard is a squad level player, as is Mctominay. They are both worthy of that status and should be at the club.

I think some forget the importance of having a squad. O'Shea, Fletcher, Park etc.
I get your point.True, we are in a rebuild, but O'shea, Fletcher and Park are miles ahead of what we have now and would easily be better than our starters now.

Comparing the quality of our 'squad' players then to our team now is depressing and shows how far we've fallen.

Robbie Boy

Yes. I'd sooner listen to the mad bastards of the Caf and their take on Lingard as opposed to professional coaches who have experience playing and managing within the game.
Yeah, so no players can be critiqued as a coach at some stage or another rated them. Top logic.

The stats tell it all with Lingard. In a fully functioning coherent team, maybe Lingard would be a valuable squad player. However, right now we need quality in the attacking third and he certainly isn’t providing that.

Btw, I was calling you delusional over the players you compared him to who were all miles better than Lingard.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah this devaluation of our ex-players (starting from Scholes & Nevilles, ending on O'Sheas and Parks) who participated greatly in making us a powerhouse in football world just to defend and make the current cnut flops who are responsible for making our club shite look better (starting from Pogbas, ending on fecking Lingards now) is fecking weird to say the least, go and wash your mouths you lot. Those fecks are nowhere near fit enough to lace the old players' boots.

manunited1919

Is it true Lingard is sick and won’t be available for the Leicester game? Well, I hope takes his time and rests a good number of weeks or months, to make sure he is fully recovered when he comes back to the bench. :devil:

iKeano

The fact that so many fans defend Jesse Lingard has a role to play at MUFC speaks volumes about the situation the club has been put in.
Jesse Lingard and the likes put the club to shame. I don't care he's a "local kid". I don't care he runs. Shit footballers should be anywhere near a club of this importance.
Amen.

Shit is shit, not matter how close to OT it was had.

Alabaster Codify7

Amen.

Shit is shit, not matter how close to OT it was had.
Yep,and those comparing Lingard to squad players like O'Shea, Park and Butt are absolute shills. The contribution those lads made to the first team make them look like Ronaldo in comparison to Jesse Lingard. Standards have fallen to incredible lows among a section of our fanbase who are more afraid of being labelled 'non supporters' than anything else.

billybee99

Yes. I'd sooner listen to the mad bastards of the Caf and their take on Lingard as opposed to professional coaches who have experience playing and managing within the game.
Oh...here comes the part about Sir Alex rating him. Wait for it.

RedCurry

To be fair, local kid should have some relevance at the club. But not in the case of someone who is already fully mature footballer and yet not good enough. He's had his chance and didn't impress, now should be time for maybe other local kids to fight for a spot in the squad. Lingard has a market value and we should be cashing out on him much like we did with Welback.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Actually this threat reflects the current standing of Man. Utd! Such argue about a player like Lingard.

If the team was as big as the club's name the only discussion about Lingard would be if he is in the squad of the 1st or 2nd team!

billybee99

I'll give you FYI, historically the team that wins the League has 6/7/8 players in the team of the year, it means SFA, but if you want to re-write history don't let me stop you.

And the second paragraph isn't reply worthy.
Did the doctor drop you on your head or something when you were born? How is he rewriting history? You made some stupid statements regarding DDG and he came back at you with actual facts about us winning the League and DDG being on the team of year so now you're going to dig your heels in further and attack the voting process? I know the fanboys don't like actual statistics and facts; they prefer non-quantifiable things like movement and putting in a shift but this is getting ridiculous even by the standards of this thread.

And what is going on now in this thread where Lingard fanboys need to take a swipe at other players in order to protect their boy? They love to take shots at O'Shea and Fletch and Butt, and of course Park. Stop trying to prop up the crappy production of your favorite players by taking pot shots at former players. You know, guys that actually won the Premier League and won UCLs and got us to the finals of UCLs. Has Lingard won the League yet? Where have we finished in the Jesse Lingard era? 5th. 6th. 2nd. 6th. Those are facts and statistics that you can measure and quantify as opposed to "movement" and "getting about the pitch".

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
Did the doctor drop you on your head or something when you were born? How is he rewriting history? You made some stupid statements regarding DDG and he came back at you with actual facts about us winning the League and DDG being on the team of year so now you're going to dig your heels in further and attack the voting process? I know the fanboys don't like actual statistics and facts; they prefer non-quantifiable things like movement and putting in a shift but this is getting ridiculous even by the standards of this thread.

And what is going on now in this thread where Lingard fanboys need to take a swipe at other players in order to protect their boy? They love to take shots at O'Shea and Fletch and Butt, and of course Park. Stop trying to prop up the crappy production of your favorite players by taking pot shots at former players. You know, guys that actually won the Premier League and won UCLs and got us to the finals of UCLs. Has Lingard won the League yet? Where have we finished in the Jesse Lingard era? 5th. 6th. 2nd. 6th. Those are facts and statistics that you can measure and quantify as opposed to "movement" and "getting about the pitch".
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10

I don't know but I would have been very very very young at the time. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

YAWN.

superdry

touched by a genius
Is it true Lingard is sick and won’t be available for the Leicester game? Well, I hope takes his time and rests a good number of weeks or months, to make sure he is fully recovered when he comes back to the bench. :devil:
He's got a bad side, apparently.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Doesn't really matter what you think about whether he's good enough to play for us when the state of our squad means he is going to anyway. If he's fit enough today he has to play because there will be no one else who wouldn't be worse.

I also don't get why people feel the need to hate players just because they are a bit rubbish. He isn't disruptive to the dressing room as far as I'm aware? In interviews he doesn't come across as a dislikable character. You are allowed to think a player isn't good enough but still support them at the same time.

Obviously during and immediately after games when they proceed to disappear or repeatedly do shite things it is much more difficult as you end up wanting to strangle them...although I find Young rather than Lingard is out worst culprit for this. I think Young comes across as a really likable person but feck me during a game I've never known a footballer who isn't even on the other team to make me so furious. I mean I I could genuinely run on the pitch, pick up the ball and start kicking it repeatedly into his nu....anyway what I don't get is people "hating" our own players before the ganr has even started. It must have some effect on their confidence.

Robbie Boy

Do people hate him? Doubt it. People think he’s a-bit shit which others somehow construe as hate. Weird and very overly emotional.

Litch

Hate him? Nope. Good enough? Nope. That said, who is? No point hating on Lingard as there is probably 70% of this team inc the manager you could genuinely question whether they are good enough either.

Jambalaya

Park was machine and work horse of the team and was f good at that.What is Lingard?What is his purpose in team?Is he good at anything?

Le Red

Doesn't really matter what you think about whether he's good enough to play for us when the state of our squad means he is going to anyway. If he's fit enough today he has to play because there will be no one else who wouldn't be worse.

I also don't get why people feel the need to hate players just because they are a bit rubbish. He isn't disruptive to the dressing room as far as I'm aware? In interviews he doesn't come across as a dislikable character. You are allowed to think a player isn't good enough but still support them at the same time.

Obviously during and immediately after games when they proceed to disappear or repeatedly do shite things it is much more difficult as you end up wanting to strangle them...although I find Young rather than Lingard is out worst culprit for this. I think Young comes across as a really likable person but feck me during a game I've never known a footballer who isn't even on the other team to make me so furious. I mean I I could genuinely run on the pitch, pick up the ball and start kicking it repeatedly into his nu....anyway what I don't get is people "hating" our own players before the ganr has even started. It must have some effect on their confidence.
To be clear, I don't hate the player, I hate the fact he plays for MUFC. The ones that I do hate are those who are responsible for the situation we're in.
I do resent Lingard though, because it's clear that achieving his full potential as a footballer ain't his priority. That 0.0012 or whatever post made it clear that being a football player and a celebrity is already the greatest achievement to him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
That 0.0012 or whatever post made it clear that being a football player and a celebrity is already the greatest achievement to him.
You're reading his '0.0012' response as arrogance and complacency; I read it as a forgivable response to relentless, often abusive, criticism. Should he always remain silent instead? Why should he behave as others wish him to?