Hating Lingard

Sea-Cow

I think he was asked to do a job of man-marking Jorginho tonight and trying to stop him from being the conductor for Chelsea. And, to be fair, the play did not go through Jorginho.

He just moved out of the space, Kovacic dropped in with no United player within miles of him, and Chelsea keep possession easily.

As for in possession, yeah, even as a Lingard fan and someone who likes him and really wants him to do well, I can't defend that. He was anonymous and offered absolutely nothing.

luke511

What an absolute pointless player. Sell him to Everton for £40m. Although, I would personally be happy releasing him on a free.
No one's paying over £10 mil for him and even that's a push, we're stuck with him on a ridiculous wage. The best we can hope for is two no.10 signings.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think Ole will persist in giving Lingard game time here and there,like tonight, but I feel even he knows that Lingard's time at the club is nearly up.

I actually got a left field opinion that Lingard would do well in Germany.

James Ward

He's an athlete but has no football brain. His only attribute is speed and doesn't even run with the ball very well.

He wouldn't make the bench for City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Every time I see him starting for United I cringe and die a little inside.

I wouldn't even rate him a backup player. Seriously time to get rid.

He reminds me of a slightly better Wellbeck but still useless.

I think his attitude sucks as well.

arthurka

I have seemed defended this guy for a long time. But it's not possible anymore. Awful player.

BlahRules

I have seemed defended this guy for a long time. But it's not possible anymore. Awful player.
His been an average player from the beginning but he was the only player that played with energy and never stopped running was the only reason why he got a contract.

He should be sold soon before clubs find out his going to be 28 soon.

Renegade

Cleverly > Gibson > Lingard.

Not really but he’s not good enough and will be playing for West Ham, Newcastle soon.

Josep Dowling

I think Ole will persist in giving Lingard game time here and there,like tonight, but I feel even he knows that Lingard's time at the club is nearly up.

I actually got a left field opinion that Lingard would do well in Germany.
I’d say he would struggle in Kazakhstan on current form.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I think he was asked to do a job of man-marking Jorginho tonight and trying to stop him from being the conductor for Chelsea. And, to be fair, the play did not go through Jorginho.

He just moved out of the space, Kovacic dropped in with no United player within miles of him, and Chelsea keep possession easily.

As for in possession, yeah, even as a Lingard fan and someone who likes him and really wants him to do well, I can't defend that. He was anonymous and offered absolutely nothing.
Irrespective of whether he has "been given a job", like you said there's no excuse for his performance in possesion. I've seen pleanty of United players get given a job and they executed that job while still contributing in attack.

He's cooked.

arthurka

His been an average player from the beginning but he was the only player that played with energy and never stopped running was the only reason why he got a contract.

He should be sold soon before clubs find out his going to be 28 soon.
I have given him a chance because him being a Utd youth player, it's always good to have players who could play couple of positions and staying in the bench without making a fuzz. But he is a terrible choice to have to use. Sell him and use Garner or Gomes.

PoTMS

Thought he made it after the World Cup. Let the hype get to his head and has been trash ever since.

Sing you a song

Was never his biggest fan but around 18 months ago he really seemed to come good , was a starter for both United and England and was always good for an important goal .
I honestly believe it all went to his head and he began to believe his own hype and since then he has been truly dreadful such a shame as he has been at the club since he was a kid and I really hoped he would make it.
I think we would accept any half decent offer for him and he will probably find his level as a squad player for Everton or West Ham

Dan_F

Not nearly as bad tonight as most are suggesting.
I think it’s the fact he got in some decent positions, which was his own work some of the time in fairness...but then did absolutely nothing every time. It is really frustrating to watch.

el3mel

I really can't withstand watching him playing for us any longer. A waste of space.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Dead horse, nothing to say or see here.

You can feel team's morale and integrity slowly building into something, but he looks like he's not even part of any collective.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No one's paying over £10 mil for him and even that's a push, we're stuck with him on a ridiculous wage. The best we can hope for is two no.10 signings.
If we actually sold Lingard we’d get plenty more than £10m, he’s an England International with a great amount of PL games under his belt, some clubs would be desperate for that kind of experience (and I’m not even a big fan of his).

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Lingard’s personality is a big reason why he attracts so much hate. If he was a shy and undercover guy like Mata or Kante people would be more forgiving. But the fact that he is so shite and yet he carries himself like he’s a superstar is what really rubs people the wrong way.

Utdstar01

He's an athlete but has no football brain. His only attribute is speed and doesn't even run with the ball very well.

No I actually think Welbeck's interplay was far better than Lingard's.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
One of those players who will disappear without a trace as soon as he leaves. The championship beckons.

luke511

If we actually sold Lingard we’d get plenty more than £10m, he’s an England International with a great amount of PL games under his belt, some clubs would be desperate for that kind of experience (and I’m not even a big fan of his).
If we can get more than £10 mil for him then fair play to the club, we'll be ripping the buyer off. He isn't worth more than that going off his footballing ability alone.

Djemba-Djemba

Look at his wage, he ain't going nowhere now and hes not going to leave for a lower wage at a lesser club, that would also affect his image and clothing line.
I don't know what he's on a week but to be fair if he was making £30 a week he'd still be stealing a living with what he's contributed to Utd in the last year.

There have been rumours of a new contract but nothing confirmed yet so fingers crossed it's all fake.

His clothing line will be dead by this time next year anyway. It was a stupid idea in the first place and it's looking even worse now. Who wants to wear stuff with the logo of some shite player on it.

PoTMS

The guy is such a clown. For some reason, I added him on Snapchat a few years back (which says more about me than him TBF) and just scrolling through it now, I see he's put up 8 or 9 photos of him on the ball tonight. You'd think after tonight's performance he would strive to do better instead of posting photos where he's doing feck all but no the guy actually doesn't give a feck.

billybee99

Danny was much better than Jesse.