Hating Lingard

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s a shambles. Nowhere near good enough. How many times this season have we said “ah, if Lingard had just done this right at 0-0 it’s a different game”?

Red00012

An embarrassment but he’s the leader of a lot of frauds. Starting Lingard is an easy excuse because he’s the only problem apparently.

RedDevil@84

Don't hate him at all. Picking him despite being super crap is totally on the manager.
But the problem is almost every player in the team (except maybe James, Greenwood) is more than capable of doing a Lingard.

Slysi17

How the hell can you say Jesse Lingard is good and brings something to the team. He is crap. Before I thought he was at least a bench option or a squad option. He is not even that now as he literally does nothing and just runs around alot. Always passes sideways and never passes forward. He has 0 GOALS AND ASSISTS in a year for christ sake.

flappyjay

Yeah at this point it's all on Ole. I imagine Ole was like "he usually scores against this lot, Chuck him in". If that was his reasoning we might as bring back Rooney.

Captain16Keano

Poor again. I dont blame Ole for bringing him in for this particular game though, at this time of year rotation is paramount. In saying that Lingard appears to be getting worse with everygame. Very early on he had 2-3 different chances to put someone through on goal and the pass was always slow and behind the player. its simple stuff at any level.

Godfather

Can't really hate him as it's not his fault he gets picked albeit being complete and utter crap.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Can't really hate him as it's not his fault he gets picked albeit being complete and utter crap.
If he gets picked he should contribute something. All he does is hide behind defenders. And no matter how much of a squad player you are for Manchester United, not having a single goal or assist in the league is unacceptable and purely down to him.

When the manager puts you in he expects you do a job, even if it is just the basics for an attacking player. This guy does absolutely nothing for even the basics - can't control a football, can't pass. Of course it is his fault.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I hate to be blunt. But having to take care of 2 siblings and a sick mum isnt anything to be anything about.

Most people are taking care of someone on minimum wages. That's not an excuse. If you need the money then it's even should be a stronger motivation to perform at work.

This guy has the cheek to say 0.02 percent, time to own up

Godfather

If he gets picked he should contribute something. All he does is hide behind defenders. And no matter how much of a squad player you are for Manchester United, not having a single goal or assist in the league is unacceptable and purely down to him.

When the manager puts you in he expects you do a job, even if it is just the basics for an attacking player. This guy does absolutely nothing for even the basics - can't control a football, can't pass. Of course it is his fault.
Well of course it is his fault that he is crap. It's not his fault he gets played though. He has been shit for most of his carreer for us but especially under Ole. So why does he constantly play him?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I hate to be blunt. But having to take care of 2 siblings and a sick mum isnt anything to be anything about.

Most people are taking care of someone on minimum wages. That's not an excuse. If you need the money then it's even should be a stronger motivation to perform at work.

This guy has the cheek to say 0.02 percent, time to own up
To be fair, I think everyone sympathises with him on that front and understands the personal issues he has been dealing with.

However, it is no excuse not to do the simple basics of your job though - things like controlling a football, making a simple pass etc.

Godfather

That's a question I'm struggling with as well. Especially when Pereira and Mata are better (albeit not good) options.
I mean the only logical answer would be that he either is amazing in training which I doubt or that Pereira was still tired. Shows just how shit our options are.

red thru&thru

How come Ed Woodward doesn't get this type of hate? Has clearly shown he's out of his depth but fans will pick on the players.

Jesse's standards have dropped but it's the managers that keep selecting him. The club are renewing the contracts of players like Jones. Having one of the most obscene pay structures in world football, with nothing to show for it. Pick on the real issues at the club, instead of trying to hound out players.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
To be fair, I think everyone sympathises with him on that front and understands the personal issues he has been dealing with.

However, it is no excuse not to do the simple basics of your job though - things like controlling a football, making a simple pass etc.
The only thing i sympathize about is his sick mum. Taking care of 2 younger siblings as the eldest and financially stable older brother isnt anything to be fuzzed about. Seems like he's using it as an excuse to buy time.

Many south american footballers took care of their whole hometown and you dont hear them using that as an excuse.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lingard is a shite player and easily the worst no.10 in the league, and should be nowhere near the starting line-up, but Ole deserves the blame too for insisting playing him in a lot of games.

SAFMUTD

There’s no winning culture in the club anymore, the fact that Ole keeps calling Lingard as one of the players that “gets what ManUtd its all about” is just disheartening, he lacks quality in almost every aspect of the game.

But Ole keeps picking him, I now we don’t have many players in the position but I would rather give some youngster that minutes or maybe I dont know if it has crossed Ole’s mind but change the freaking formation to another that suits the players we have?

I think Ole wants to keep a happy squad no matter what, he knows the football is shit so the moment there’s the slight discomfort in the team he’ll be out. Thats why he keeps involving all the underperforming players, not calling out Pogba, having no autocritic in the conferences, he justs keeps giving excuses and normalizing the shit circuss to lower the pressure and keeps players happy.

So if you believe Lingard wont be getting anymore minutes youre deluded, he probably wont start against Watford but we’ll definately see him against City and Liverpool.

Judas

Open to offers
His performance yesterday was just sad, I don't know how well he must have performed in training to start the game, it was as if some random person was on the pitch in a Lingard shirt, he looked even worse than his normal recent level.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
My name is V.O. and I hate Jesse Lingard.

PyroMan

Embodies everything that is wrong with the club at the moment.

Not just a painfully average player, his attitude is awful. We can excuse players with limited talent (Fletcher, O'Shea, Wes Brown etc.) but when you play with little desire and determination, then you deserve all the shit you get.

Maureen-yo

Embodies everything that is wrong with the club at the moment.

Not just a painfully average player, his attitude is awful. We can excuse players with limited talent (Fletcher, O'Shea, Wes Brown etc.) but when you play with little desire and determination, then you deserve all the shit you get.
Wes Brown wasn’t limited talent wise, he was a superb player just blighted with injuries.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
No need to hate him. Hes a young player inconsistent performances are to be expected. If you want to blame someone blame pogba. He should be a better example to the youngsters like rashford and lingaard...

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I can't see anyone picking him up at Prem level even on a free unless he gets a whole lot better. Maybe Burnley could use him out wide from time to time? Or Bournemouth maybe? I think he's done at the top level, no confidence any more and not near enough ability to get by on that alone.

KekiZeki

He's no world beater but he'd a really useful player in a functional team. We haven't had that in many years now. Sir Alex made use of a lot less talented individuals than Lingard. No point in hating him, we should hate all the poor decisions that led to the overall poor performances of the squad. If you gave me to compile a list of players to get rid Pogba would always be well ahead of Lingard in it. And few others, but I am not wanting to pass a judgment too soon, that's manager's job.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's no world beater but he'd a really useful player in a functional team. We haven't had that in many years now. Sir Alex made use of a lot less talented individuals than Lingard. No point in hating him, we should hate all the poor decisions that led to the overall poor performances of the squad. If you gave me to compile a list of players to get rid Pogba would always be well ahead of Lingard in it. And few others, but I am not wanting to pass a judgment too soon, that's manager's job.
He's f*cking shit

He's always been shit, he's just in the past managed to mask how utterly shit he is with the odd nice goals here and there, including at Wembley in big games. Now he can't even score those anymore.

I honestly think he is up there with the worst players to have ever made 100+ appearances in the PL. I think if he wasn't an academy graduate he'd probably be languishing in the Championship for a team fighting promotion, at best. It's absolutely astonishing that we've let this go on for so long with him.

Godfather

He's f*cking shit

He's always been shit, he's just in the past managed to mask how utterly shit he is with the odd nice goals here and there, including at Wembley in big games. Now he can't even score those anymore.

I honestly think he is up there with the worst players to have ever made 100+ appearances in the PL. I think if he wasn't an academy graduate he'd probably be languishing in the Championship for a team fighting promotion, at best. It's absolutely astonishing that we've let this go on for so long with him.
It's that stupid mentality that we stick with academy products for too long. Absolutely loved it when LvG fecked off Welbeck. Never expected Ole to be that ruthless but for him to still start Lingard is just mental.

RoyH1

I won't use the word "hate", since I believe it should be reserved for absolutely vile and abominable things like the Nazi's or pickled herring.

But it's clear that someone like Lingard continuously getting playing time at a top club like ours is a state of affairs that cannot stand. It's a symptom and constant reminder of how bad we've been at purchasing talented players since Fergie retired

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Think about it this way who in the PL would even take him?

Not a chance anyone in the top 11.

Southampton maybe?
Newcastle have Almiron, Brighton have better options in gross and toussard. Burnley maybe if he could play lm or rm. west ham and Bournemouth both have much better options despite being so low in the table.

So maybe Southampton, Villa Norwich, burnley. That really says IT all.