Hating Lingard

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he is not good enough for us in general but tonight he wasnt that bad.
Think you’ve genuinely forgotten what a good attacking performance is. It’s ok I don’t blame you we haven’t had one for a few years.

predator

Youth NITK
Not that bad ? How’s many times did he receive the ball in space in the 1st half and feck it up ? I’m sure @GifLord wouldn’t take long to find a few.
feck what up?
From what I watched, I saw him chasing the ball and putting pressure on city's defence whilst also supporting our attacking plays.

I know he isnt good enough but he wasnt that bad tonight. Ole started him and we didnt exactly have too many chances in the final third where you can point the finger.

predator

Youth NITK
Think you’ve genuinely forgotten what a good attacking performance is. It’s ok I don’t blame you we haven’t had one for a few years.
Nah I just see things as they are. We just beat the league champions at home with a injury stricken team and some fans still have a go at lingard. I think his time is well and truly up here but to have a go at him tonight is just odd. His touch and awareness was as it usually is but he was good at piling on the pressure and getting involved with our build up at times.

Adam-Utd

Nah I just see things as they are. We just beat the league champions at home with a injury stricken team and some fans still have a go at lingard. I think his time is well and truly up here but to have a go at him tonight is just odd. His touch and awareness was as it usually is but he was good at piling on the pressure and getting involved with our build up at times.
You’re blinded by a need to support the players no matter if they’re stinking up the place - that’s your choice.

He was awful. Even the placid Solskjær lost his cool with him!

predator

Youth NITK
You’re blinded by a need to support the players no matter if they’re stinking up the place - that’s your choice.

Ok pal. It's all lingards fault. Apparently he made the placid solskjaer start him tonight too.

thepolice123

feck what up?
From what I watched, I saw him chasing the ball and putting pressure on city's defence whilst also supporting our attacking plays.

I know he isnt good enough but he wasnt that bad tonight. Ole started him and we didnt exactly have too many chances in the final third where you can point the finger.
I can recall at least two simple passes fecked up by him which led to a clear cut City chance.

The first one was a simple layoff to Fred which went straight to a City player and took out the entire midfield line. They counter-attacked and scored but Sterling was offside.

The Sterling chance which flew over the bar was the result of Lingard fecking up a simple pass too.

hobbers

Fernandes is the final nail in the coffin of his United career anyway, so that's something to be happy about.

jimmyb2000

The Matic sending off didn't really affect us tonight as starting with Lingard in the team is like playing with 10 men anyway.

DarkXaero

Nope, it wasn't. It's actually good management.

Just because he's angry at him for making the mistake doesn't mean he has to give him the silent treatment and block him on WhatsApp later. He made him aware of his f ups and carried on.
In what world is that good management? It's one thing if its a rare bad performance from Lingard, but Lingard has been consistently bad for a long time now, and he's actually one of the senior players in the team. So what the hell does he need coddling for? When Ole is hugging him, smiling, and patting him in the back, it completely takes away the effect of getting yelled at earlier for a terrible performance. It shows the total lack of accountability from management down to the players.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
While i agree that Lingard is in a rough patch of form and hasn’t had a great 2019 at United (who has), the stick and negativity he’s getting as a United lad through and through, one of our own, is shameful. We should be supporting him and helping him get back to the form that saw him perform excellently for England at the World Cup, not making it worse.
Agree, but if will fall on deaf ears on here i'm afraid.

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I hope we don't see him and Pereira playing for us from 2020/21.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Only fans at Manchester United can claim support for a player who hasn't been useful for more than a year, more likely won't be for a lot more time. And funny thing is the sole reason as to why they claim that support is because of the shit like "he's United through and through". Atleast give better reasons as to why we should persist with him? Why the club of this stature is clinging on to a player who is worse than some of the players playing in lower divisions?

Sometimes i feel that fans like these deserve dross like Jesse Lingard.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
In what world is that good management? It's one thing if its a rare bad performance from Lingard, but Lingard has been consistently bad for a long time now, and he's actually one of the senior players in the team. So what the hell does he need coddling for? When Ole is hugging him, smiling, and patting him in the back, it completely takes away the effect of getting yelled at earlier for a terrible performance. It shows the total lack of accountability from management down to the players.
The lads confidence is on the floor at the moment, not surprising really, so what's the harm the Manager reassuring him that what gets shouted on the pitch, or onto the pitch is never personal, it was great Management, would you have preferred if he'd blanked him when he came off, don't answer that.

hobbers

He can become a good squad player.
Exactly what everyone said about Lingard.

Pereira's touch isn't pub football standard like Lingard's but his decision making is just as awful if not worse. He has more time on his side to improve sure but, at this stage of his career, he's miles behind a whole heap of ex-United midfielders who were turfed out of the club that I can think of. Cleverley being the first name to mind. Hell even Darron Gibson had more about him, and he was atrocious.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
To be fair Lingard was decent under LVG and Jose & you could clearly see that he had a strict requirement to do in formation when playing for those coaches.

I don't really know what Ole wants off him so I'm not surprised that he's struggling & Ole can't get any better out of him.

If we get a better manager I think he could do better again but I think his time is up now because its blocking young AM's players ability to get games & for us to make a few more attacking transfers in similar positions.

I don't hate him though & I feel quite sorry for him at the moment. A nice player that helped us get some cups during a tough period.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His mediocrity was magnified by his 0.012% tweet and later the video of his mate banging a pillow. At that point it must have felt good to him. First choice for ManUnited where He was really needed, to 'silence' the critics, to have fun and just be himself instead of growing up. But soon after, Ole told him that He was on his last chance and now He doesn't seem to be Ole's favorite anymore, compared to last season.

I remember people saying that players' antics off the field should be separated from what's on the pitch. But it has been proven time and time again, just as this one that They are both related especially for younger players. You could tell someone's attitude, mentality and point of view from his antics. During the transfer window He acted as if He had made it, with all the shit jokes running around. It didn't help him. It made him an easy target for the fans. It's never good when you think so highly of yourself. It prevents you from trying harder and will hurt you much more than it's supossed to be when reality sets in.

And now He looks depressed compared to last season, with the added pressure of having to take care of his family. Let this be a lesson for future ManUnited players.

Last edited:

NoPace

His poor first touch and passing created breaks for City and he brought nothing to the table other than drawing a yellow from Rodri. He needs a move, being a decent finisher and quick and eager to press should be enough to get him minutes somewhere, whether it's a good team in a worse league or a 10th-15th place Prem team.

EwanI Ted

Kind of odd watching Lingard. He does make interesting runs and find good spaces between lines. But his first touch, passing and shooting is so poor he almost never makes anything good out of them. You can see what he’s trying to do and if his ball skills were better he could be a really effective player. But at his age it’s unlikely to change now, sadly.

TRUERED89

He is crap and the funny thing is today he has not been our worst player and that goes to Martial.
If people like Lingard never get Martial the ball in good areas, can’t really blame the striker. Especially when we were keeping the ball well outside their box but doing absolutely nothing with it. Every time Martial tried to play a quick 1-2 with someone he never received it back, strikers in this team deserve to be cut some slack for what’s been behind them this season. Greenwood and James were just as anonymous but I can’t put the blame on them, let’s hope Bruno can give us that creativity the team desperately craves.

Last edited:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The lads confidence is on the floor at the moment, not surprising really, so what's the harm the Manager reassuring him that what gets shouted on the pitch, or onto the pitch is never personal, it was great Management, would you have preferred if he'd blanked him when he came off, don't answer that.
Obviously the thing too do would have been to chin him, get McKenna and Carrick too keep laying the boots in, while he goes to get one of those fold up empty chairs in plentiful supply at the Etihad and WWF'd the feck out of him until he died.

DarkXaero

He's a professional athlete, do you think that's the first time he has been yelled at and needs to be told that? He already knows it's not personal, and if he thinks its personal, its a lack of maturity on his side. You guys seem to think that everything has to work in extremes (also see the other response to your post), its either ignore him or do what Ole did. Things don't need to work like that, there are nuanced ways to get your point across. But when you lose effectiveness in holding your players accountable, I don't see how that helps.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If people like Lingard never get Martial the ball in good areas, can’t really blame the striker. Especially when we were keeping the ball well outside their box but doing absolutely nothing with it. Every time Martial tried to play a quick 1-2 with someone he never received it back, strikers in this team deserve to be cut some slack for what’s been behind them this season. Greenwood and James were just as anonymous but I can’t put the blame on them, let’s hope Bruno can give us that creativity the team desperately craves.
Martial was pretty shite today in general play, Lingard aside.

But he held the ball up at various points fair enough, which makes me prize the worst performance to Jesse I guess.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think this line ends the argument on how bad Lingard was last night.
He was dreadful. No ifs. No buts.
I've rarely seen Ole get so angry and that it should be at Lingard stinking up the place, was even more surprising.

TRUERED89

First time I've ever seen him get angry. We need more of that steely attitude from him, enough of the happy-go-lucky act.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

I think this line ends the argument on how bad Lingard was last night.
He was dreadful. No ifs. No buts.
I've rarely seen Ole get so angry and that it should be at Lingard stinking up the place, was even more surprising.
First time I've ever seen him get angry. We need more of that steely attitude from him, enough of the happy-go-lucky act.
Agreed guys. You can't just laugh and smile everything off. People like Jesse need to be embarrased publically like that so they know it's serious, they take it way too lightly.

Ole was well within his rights, and i'm amazed it's taken this long. Perhaps now he knows he's got a proper AMC coming to the club he can be a bit more threatening.

Tel074

Pereira is actually pretty young, and has much better technique and mentally than Lingard. He can become a good squad player.

No he can't . He must have played 30 odd times this season and without a shadow of doubt he has been dreadful in at least 90% of those games . He has had a huge opportunity to prove his worth and what he has proven is he is no where near PL level