Have fans already given up on Rashford

AshRK

I have been seeing quite a number of posts in recent times questioning Rashford's long term role at this club as a number 9. Considering he is still 20, I still think he can improve further and be a top striker. Although, for that he needs to stop spending too much time with Lingard and focus more on developing his skills.

I rate his passion for the club and the game in general. I remember Jose praising Martial in 2017 after the europa semifinals, saying he trains hard and is always looking to improve on his game.

So what do you all think, will he ever become a top striker for us or be a Walcott esque player for us.

@Damien polls would be appreciated.

hobbers

I never had any hope of him being a Ronaldo-level superstar. Some people, particular English pundits, really ran away with the over-hyping as per.

I have hope for him in the sense that he can develop into a good squad player, although probably nothing like prolific enough to warrant being a Manchester United leading number 9.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I have been seeing quite a number of posts in recent times questioning Rashford's long term role at this club as a number 9. Considering he is still 20, I still think he can improve further and be a top striker. Although, for that he needs to stop spending too much time with Lingard and focus more on developing his skills.

I rate his passion for the club and the game in general. I remember Jose praising Martial in 2017 after the europa semifinals, saying he trains hard and is always looking to improve on his game.

So what do you all think, will he ever become a top striker for us or be a Walcott esque player for us.

Closer to Walcott than RvN

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No. However they are starting to question if he's first team material.

Which is a good thing really. Hyping players has never done players any good. Let him sweat for a first team place.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s an immense talent, but he has got a long way to go before he is a top class player.

His finishing and decision making both need to drastically improve if he’s going to be good enough to lead the line for a club like United.

If we hadn’t made such a mess of building this team, and had three top class forwards for a 433, then I’d say Rashford’s place would be first off the bench to replace one of the first choice three and make an impact that way.

el3mel

For myself yes I gave up on him. Will be a squad option at best.

Zoo

He will become a top player for us though not necessarily a top striker. If he doesn’t it will be a disappointment.

Steven Seagull

Fair play made it to the third sentence without blaming lingard.

Still plenty of time for him, he’s still a couple of years younger than Grealish for example and carrying a lot on his shoulders. Been performing inconsistently in a very poor unit for 2-3 years. He’s not Mbappe but he’s good

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yep. No sort of intelligence whatsoever. Ego grows day by day mind

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
His hold up play was impressive when he came into the side. His technical ability was already there. He had an innate talent for making fantastic off-the-ball runs.

When he came into the side, finishing was a weakness. Decision making was a weakness.

Has literally anything changed? Is he any better than when he came into the side all the way back in the 15/16 season?

I'm not sure he is. And it's fair to start thinking maybe this isn't going to go anywhere.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not lost any faith in him. He'll be a great player for us. But having a balanced team and viable competition for places will spur him on.

A poll would be nice.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think technically and intelligence wise, he's short. I won't say I've given up on him but I'd be surprised if he becomes an elite player.

AJ10

He needs to stop believing his own hype, boy thinks he's Ronaldo. If that happens then he'll develop into a very good player but not top level player because like many of our players, he lacks footballing intelligence.

AaronRedDevil

The thing is, he only has to make very few changes to his game which can easily be fixed. Stop running so fast into players for no reason. Get into better positioning to be passed too. Aim for the net.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He will become a top player for us though not necessarily a top striker. If he doesn’t it will be a disappointment.
My view as well.
He has the most important attribute which is pace.
But he really needs to have a significant amount of coaching to bring the best out of him.
I know I shouldn't think like this but can you imagine what he would be like had he had the same coaching as Stirling.

Will Singh

Hang around with Lingard and at 27 you'll still act like a teenager, no but on a serious note I am fully behind Rashford and think he's got plenty of time to improve he's game. What is a worry is we've made him first choice and he's in danger of thinking he's the finished product which he obviously ain't and is far from it, he has to develop both mentally and physically to better himself. If he ain't looked after then we could have a new Welbeck and that's who he reminds me of as when he has time to think he messes up but on instinct he puts them away....

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

He's 21, going to be 22 in about 5 months. It's still young, but the problem isn't his age; it's the lack of progress since he's come on the scene. He is still very limited in his ability as a striker, whether you want to talk of fist touch, decision-making, hold-up play, or finishing.

I'm just not sure he's got the stuff to be a leading striker for a club with aspirations to contend again like United. He's still very likely to finally find his groove and improve, I'm not saying it's impossible but right now, there isn't much to point out in his game that has seen definite progress in the last few years.

Red_toad

What else would anyone expect on the Caf, the level of expectations on a young player in a disjointed United team is incredibly unrealistic. We'd make Mbappe look shit. He had a lot of injuries toward the end of the season and that's what he's been judged on. He's a far better player for England than he is for United. I'm pretty sure he'll be very good next season, if we can get a team that plays with some fluidity and actually has drilled patterns and formations of play. Club won't be buying am elite striker this summer, as they've a lot of faith in Rashford.

I've always felt his arrogance overshadowed his talent. He makes an absurd amount of bad decision. He'll be a great squad player and he'll occasionally shine but that's about what I expect from him. He's not the one to lead us forward.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's a good squad option at the moment and his trajectory can only go up. But I don't think it will. I don't see him being a top player. We should cash in while he's still hyped.

USREDEVIL

I have not. I'm hoping that another year under Ole, another year of maturing, and another year of steady minutes will turn him more consistent. But if we are able to get a Griezmann like player, i'd probably be using him on the left with him swapping for Martial regularly.

singhters

At the minute very frustrating to watch, he needs to work on his freekicks, corners and overall finishing, but he's still young so i think he could become a really good player but he needs work i personally think he's got too big headed, he should have been benched so he realises he's going to have to fight for his place.

dove

Never understood the hype around him, he lacks pretty much everything apart from pace.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Fans are fickle. A run of 2 or 3 strong games and he'll be flavour of the month again.

C'est Moi Cantona

Given how crap our other players have been at the same time then clearly it's not time to give up on him yet.

A combination of poor coaching, wrong managers, zero confidence, unstable club, etc have no doubt hindered his development, but his brainless free kicks, 'headless chicken' style, and seeming ego-inflated contract demands, hardly make him endearing just now.

But unless he won't sign a new deal then there's plenty of time left for him to develop into the player he thinks he is.

luke511

He needs to iron out the sulking and scrolling on the field, and smile a bit more. Consistency isn't on his side either which is a telling sign.

Last edited:

Stadjer

He might not be a world class striker who will start every game but i think he can be a usefull player for Manchester United.

He is capable of doing something special by going past a player, he is quick and direct in his playstyle. He has qualities that make him a great sub against tired players and he is good enough to start against mid table or lower players.

He just needs to stop to shoot on sight, pass more and start making those off the ball runs he used to make. A bit of finishing practice wouldnt be a bad thing either.

He isnt going to be world class but that doesnt mean he cant have a good Manchester United career.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I think he’s a world class talent. Just needs to focus on football and putting the ball in the back of the net / creating for his team.

He’s gotten a little frustrated towards the end of the season which I don’t like to see. Huffing and puffing etc.

manutddjw

I haven’t given up on him at all, but I don’t think he’s going to be a world class talent either. I think he’ll be a Jermaine Defoe level talent which isn’t a bad thing to be, just not good enough to be our main man.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Define giving up.

He can still make it but he's definitely done nothing to instill the confidence of relying upon him as our main outlet next season. We'd have given up if we wanted him sold. Peopler realize he can still live up to his expectations or just remain the way he is.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I haven’t given up on him at all, but I don’t think he’s going to be a world class talent either. I think he’ll be a Jermaine Defoe level talent which isn’t a bad thing to be, just not good enough to be our main man.
I can live with that. We tried to sign Defoe as I recall
With prolific and mobile forwards around him, he could be s very useful player for us.

Kemizee

I have never seen him beyond being a back-up striker. He is too immature and selfish for my liking.

And it's not cos he is young before you lot crucify me. He just strikes me as the type that will never be world class.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He got overrated and now he's being underrated.

I am shocked.