g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I said that not ALL of the bricks were rotten
My post was more to point out on your stressing the level of coaching these players have been getting in last 6 months, and by your previous post, since Fergie

Coaching has been sub-par, but you need a minimum technical/physical level to play the kind of football ETH wants to play or by extension modern managers in Pep and Klopp. A lot of those bricks are simply not good enough, it isn't the a question of whether they are rotten or not. Although, the toxic culture which prevails at the club is a completely separate issue in itself

Vapor trail

Is nobody excited by the arrival of ETH and his team? For the first time since fergie I feel like we have a proper coach, forward thinking and not just defensive first. That has to be exciting!

seriously if people aren’t excited by that they probably want to reevaluate their lives a bit!
I think everyone anticipates and accepts the credibility of ETH and his coaching staff. That's not the issue, it doesn't matter if we hired Klopp or Guardiola if the conditions are not right for a manager to succeed they will not succeed.

It's the people higher up than ETH that set the environment and tone for his success and that's where there's lackluster hope because thus far the evidence shows there's no indication the club are going in the right direction outside of the first team coach.

The fact that Ragnick is no longer employed to the club, who's crucial voice and sole importance was to have an influence within the consultancy role he was delegated to is a good example why many should be realistic and question how meticulous the hierarchy of this club are.

Success supposedly leaves clues but all we have are the same symptoms that defined bad infrastructures in previous seasonal campaigns. To have blind faith in this current situation is madness. No one within the leadership positions at the club (excluding the first team) has any credibility to have an assurance of confidence. I don't intend to sound negative but it's a critical review.

RedDevilQuebecois

Ah I hadnt known when our players were back.

Just rewatched the first Presser, think ETH said he will also sit down with some players at the end of June.
Is he serious? After everything we have witnessed over the last decade, it has to be the biggest joke of all.

Ten Hag better give me one good reason to not distrust him from the very start when we all have become distrustful of our players with good reason. Our players are like the salesmen other than Al Pacino in Glengarry Glen Ross (i.e. the ones who deservedly got berated by Alec Baldwin for low sales).

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Golden_blunder's back will be broken by the end of this summer after carrying some of you lot through this window.

Cafer007

Better we think like Villa/Southampton just for this one year and bring in 30-40M range players who are trying to establish themselves, so they can give it all for us rather a big name player squeezing more money than their worth and coming to us like a favour.

Once we are back in the champions league we can persue Class-A targets, We are manchester united and there will be that pull for sure at any time considering our biggest fan base but some big players dont like to sign for us now as their motives will be questioned because of no champions league football this year.

So I believe its just a matter of time before we compete for big name players.

Barry Red

I haven't posted up anything yet on the usual bollocks that we get to suffer every transfer window, but let's get it done now. I'm not surprised that Nunez preferred LFC to United, given the last two seasons performances of each team. I'm also not surprised that a lot of players no longer see United as the great aspiration it once was. Having said that there's still a certain cachet associated with the club so let's hope that even though we've drawn a blank with Haaland and Nunez we might still get someone in to give Cristiano some support and encouragement to keep his form up. I would also like to see Bruno put under pressure to maintain his position in the team and Eriksen would be a good fit for that. We're all aware of the problems with centre defence and midfield, and of course new players are needed, however I am a bit surprised to be told that we need a right winger... didn't we sign Sancho to cover that role? From the little I have seen of Antony I'm not sure about him.. I sense an attitude problem in the making but maybe I'm imagining it. And as far as De Jong is concerned there's no sign that he actually wants to come to United - we don't need another journeyman player, especially at that price.

I haven't seen much of the 23 and 18 teams but I hear very positive things about them and wonder if anyone other than Garner and Hannibal are ready to step up? I hope so because to my mind at least six of our regular first teams squad can do one and find another club. I've been a fan since 1963 and seen some dark times as well as the Fergie years and I know I'm not alone in thinking I would rather see a United team in mid table battling and fighting for every point than see a bunch of overpaid feckless chancers stagger into sixth place courtesy of West Ham blowing up in their last couple of matches.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think everyone anticipates and accepts the credibility of ETH and his coaching staff. That's not the issue, it doesn't matter if we hired Klopp or Guardiola if the conditions are not right for a manager to succeed they will not succeed.

It's the people higher up than ETH that set the environment and tone for his success and that's where there's lackluster hope because thus far the evidence shows there's no indication the club are going in the right direction outside of the first team coach.

The fact that Rangnick is no longer employed to the club, who's crucial voice and sole importance was to have an influence within the consultancy role he was delegated to is a good example why many should be realistic and question how meticulous the hierarchy of this club are.

Success supposedly leaves clues but all we have are the same symptoms that defined bad infrastructures in previous seasonal campaigns. To have blind faith in this current situation is madness. No one within the leadership positions at the club (excluding the first team) has any credibility to have an assurance of confidence. I don't intend to sound negative but it's a critical review.
It’s a simple question, do none of you get even a tinge of excitement in our recruitment of ETH?

Cathy Ferguson

It’s a simple question, do none of you get even a tinge of excitement in our recruitment of ETH?
I am very excited to see what he can do with the players who underperformed last season: Rashford, Shaw, Bruno, Sancho and Maguire just to mention a few since everyone disappointed bar Ronaldo.

stevoc

I'd say it's more the price of handing massive contracts to anyone getting through the door for years. Ronaldo aside, look at DeGea, Sancho, Martial, Varane, Maguire there are very few players under 100k pw. Didn't Bruno almost double his salary when extending ? You're handing free agent wages to players you buy for dozens of millions. Sign for United and at first renewal you're getting close to 180/200k pw. You can't blame players to try and get their share.
It's fine that you can afford it but you're creating your own future problems.
Yes the club has been frivolous with contracts but it ties into the problem I was referring to that we are facing right now and we faced previously in 14/15, 16/17 & 18/19. When we didn't have CL football to offer we paid a premium in wages to players for them to either leave a CL team or choose United over another team in the CL that year.

And I don't necessarily blame the players I blame Woodward and the clowns that have been running the club post SAF.

stevoc

The fact that Rangnick is no longer employed to the club, who's crucial voice and sole importance was to have an influence within the consultancy role he was delegated to is a good example why many should be realistic and question how meticulous the hierarchy of this club are.

And what exactly was Rangnick's role supposed to be?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Yes the club has been frivolous with contracts but it ties into the problem I was referring to that we are facing right now and we faced previously in 14/15, 16/17 & 18/19. When we didn't have CL football to offer we paid a premium in wages to players for them to either leave a CL team or choose United over another team in the CL that year.

And I don't necessarily blame the players I blame Woodward and the clowns that have been running the club post SAF.
Yes, their work will have an impact for a year or two while the market adjust and doesn't treat you as the piggy bank. In the meantime and if you don't get back in the CL you will probably miss on a lot more targets.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Getting concerned now.
To be honest, the warning signs were there when they binned Ralf in his advisory role. He said the team needed open heart surgery which was true, and they didn’t like it.
With our ‘business’ so far, fair enough if Frenkie is a hard negotiation but get the other 3 or 4 in while that one is ongoing.
We’re dragging our feet incompetently yet again and all signs point to the board and Joel Glazer. Shambles FC.
In fairness, although he was completely right, how the feck do you even begin negotiating a transfer fee for a player when everyman and his dog knows your main transfer advisor thinks you're completely desperate.

stevoc

Yes, their work will have an impact for a year or two while the market adjust and doesn't treat you as the piggy bank. In the meantime and if you don't get back in the CL you will probably miss on a lot more targets.
Most probably yes which is why missing out on the CL last season was such a failure. Anyone who seen it as a positive was living in cloud cuckoo land.

stevoc

In fairness, although he was completely right, how the feck do you even begin negotiating a transfer fee for a player when everyman and his dog knows your main transfer advisor thinks you're completely desperate.
Indeed, Rangnick did Arnold/Murtagh/Ten Hag absolutely no favours in terms of negotiating for players this window with all the shit he spouted on a weekly basis for months on end.

I've yet to discern a reason why he was so open and frank in public press conferences with club business that should have remained private, beyond trying to protect his own reputation when the season went tits up of course. If his weekly grandstanding was the reason the club gave him the boot then he can't complain, a lot of people liked it for some reason but let's be honest it was very unprofessional of him.

caleb2003

Trending on Twitter now, United total laughing stock. Great start to the new era. Goona need a 'Devon Loch' to make this better

oz insomniac

The disastrous reign of Woodward and Judge and their hopeless transfer dealings , with crazy wages, extensions and snail like negotiations are having a massive impact on the clubs ability to move forward. To underestimate the damage that pair of hooray henrys did to the club , as a result of the Glazers rewarding them for negotiating a cash injection free purchase of Man Utd using the club itself as the security, is incalculable.

This is going to take some time to resolve, is Murtough the person to revitalise the clubs, given His background and association with the Glazer acolytes, who can be certain. As Mae West said, buckle up this could be a bumpy ride.

The terrible thing that even the most ardent fan is becoming less emotionally attracted to the club, the next generation of fans ie those under 14/15 are not following Man Utd, that’s a serious consequence of current ownership and their lack of real interest.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Imagine if the reason we are only focused on the De Jong deal is because that's all our budget right now

suheilsworld

Thank you! Same here. I was beginning to despair
Me too. Not overly worried about the transfers. I’m sure ETH will get quite a few academy players in starting line up too. Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho, Laird, Fernandez look like majority of your spine there. Any CBs that have impressed, that can step up?

Chicharo

Me too. Not overly worried about the transfers. I’m sure ETH will get quite a few academy players in starting line up too. Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho, Laird, Fernandez look like majority of your spine there. Any CBs that have impressed, that can step up?
That is quite optimistic post, mate. If two of upper mentioned players really become integral part of the team it'll be great. No way they all will. We need to spend wisely and add a couple of promising stars in order to get back on the track. Look at where Martial, Rash and Greenwood are now and where we expected them to be. We are not an oil club, but without spending we will not go too far. Even SAF knew when and how to spend

lex talionis

The disastrous reign of Woodward and Judge and their hopeless transfer dealings , with crazy wages, extensions and snail like negotiations are having a massive impact on the clubs ability to move forward. To underestimate the damage that pair of hooray henrys did to the club , as a result of the Glazers rewarding them for negotiating a cash injection free purchase of Man Utd using the club itself as the security, is incalculable.

This is going to take some time to resolve, is Murtough the person to revitalise the clubs, given His background and association with the Glazer acolytes, who can be certain. As Mae West said, buckle up this could be a bumpy ride.

The terrible thing that even the most ardent fan is becoming less emotionally attracted to the club, the next generation of fans ie those under 14/15 are not following Man Utd, that’s a serious consequence of current ownership and their lack of real interest.
These points should be taken seriously. We’re at risk of becoming a club that few give a shit about any longer other than a sorry spectacle of a once great club now an object of pity.

Biggins

Was there already the usual update that ETH needs to first evaluate the team before deciding which positions need to be strengthened?

if not, I expect the above to happen shortly.

Sometime in July we will get the usual ETH believes that there is plenty of talent in the squad and will work with what he has. No significant rebuild needed.

Paul778

Hang Ten doesn't seem have lots of pull over his ex players as we claimed to be.
With Timber i think it's completely the message the board are selling. Considering how bad our defense was last season Timber should be being told he will be a crucial part of the starting 11.

More likely right now he's being told he'd be in rotation with Slabhead. If that is the case why would he bother coming here?

suheilsworld

That is quite optimistic post, mate. If two of upper mentioned players really become integral part of the team it'll be great. No way they all will. We need to spend wisely and add a couple of promising stars in order to get back on the track. Look at where Martial, Rash and Greenwood are now and where we expected them to be. We are not an oil club, but without spending we will not go too far. Even SAF knew when and how to spend
Totally agree with your post. It’s just me being optimistic. I just think we should stop the cycle of paying ridiculous wages to players who don’t want to come. If you have players that are hungry within the team why not try them instead of looking out. A good CDM to replace McT and I’ll be optimistic going in. Let’s see what ETH does with Rashford, Elanga , Greenwood ok attack and laird , Shaw and the Cb in defense. Again, this is me being very very optimistic and not having any expectations from this season. Let him first try to implement his style on the players he have. You just never know

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We are the laughing stock of world footbal - again!

How can ETH implement his style of play without knowing the players he has.
Even Ronaldo has realised that nothing has actually changed and now wants to leave.
Disgraceful.

Chicharo

Totally agree with your post. It’s just me being optimistic. I just think we should stop the cycle of paying ridiculous wages to players who don’t want to come. If you have players that are hungry within the team why not try them instead of looking out. A good CDM to replace McT and I’ll be optimistic going in. Let’s see what ETH does with Rashford, Elanga , Greenwood ok attack and laird , Shaw and the Cb in defense. Again, this is me being very very optimistic and not having any expectations from this season. Let him first try to implement his style on the players he have. You just never know
That is beyond question.
And I agree, we certainly need couple of promising stars from the youth. Darn, we need 7-8 players, some of them will have to come from our youth system, otherwise we are doomed

Suv666

Imagine if the reason we are only focused on the De Jong deal is because that's all our budget right now
Are we broke?
RB is crucial. A season of watching Dalot would be torture and there is absolutely no way we are getting rid of AWB

Elcabron

I'm sure everybody did when he was appointed but the shite end to the season and the lack of transfer activity thus far have eroded some of that excitement. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who our manager is, we wont make top four with existing midfield options -its that simple. We have missed out on Bissouma already and one or two others who would have improved our midfield options.

There is a strong sense of deja Vu at present, chasing a player who doesn't appear to be overly keen on joining all the while missing out on other options while rivals strengthen. Fans are frustrated by this, myself included. Are you not frustrated by this?

It may all turn out ok yet if De Jong and a couple of others join soon but fcuk me we need to get a hurry on.

Telsim

For sure, I can see teams lining up for the likes of Martial, Phil Jones and Bailly. We'd be lucky if we fetch €30M total for this dross. But at present no one even wants them to begin with. We could have sold Rashford and used the funds for Antony or Raphinha, but of course the golden boy is untouchable. The only one who could realistically bring some money is AWB and I don't see teams lining up for him either.

Then again, it's Wheeler reporting, so I'm hoping it's bullshit.

Elcabron

Are we broke?
RB is crucial. A season of watching Dalot would be torture and there is absolutely no way we are getting rid of AWB
I think there is an element of truth in this. We have high debt, there is huge inflation at present meaning people will cut the sky sports subscription in order to cut costs just so they can put petrol in their car and food on the table, money from tv deals will reduce. The stock market despite having it's worst start to a year since 1940 is still over valued and has much further to fall, uniteds shares included. We are hurtling towards a recession, the US in particular which basically means the whole world is also.

We are not broke but the belt is being tightened I think. There is no way we can compete with City and Newcastle financially speaking. They are recession proof. Due to high oil prices their owners are getting richer. That's the sad reality.

We have got to follow the Liverpool model in terms of transfer activity. Buy very good players at good prices and sell reserve players for huge profit.

GarrinchaNZ

We’re at risk of becoming a club that few give a shit about any longer
Quote of a reply to a quote that is relevant AF.
After 40 years of watching and supporting this club...all I see are tumbleweeds....the transfer window is a shambles. Clubs still think they can sell players for 100 mill to us and we will fornicate over splashing the cash.
"HangTen" - I have a lot of hope for his reign...but it sure seems like a shit show before it's started when no one seems to be biting.
Garner and a few of our youngsters give me a peek of hope...but jeez, I've never been more disconnected to this club than I am now!
...PS...no tears shed from me for the loss of Pogba. He can...off.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm sure everybody did when he was appointed but the shite end to the season and the lack of transfer activity thus far have eroded some of that excitement. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who our manager is, we wont make top four with existing midfield options -its that simple. We have missed out on Bissouma already and one or two others who would have improved our midfield options.

There is a strong sense of deja Vu at present, chasing a player who doesn't appear to be overly keen on joining all the while missing out on other options while rivals strengthen. Fans are frustrated by this, myself included. Are you not frustrated by this?

It may all turn out ok yet if De Jong and a couple of others join soon but fcuk me we need to get a hurry on.
We didn’t “miss out” on bissouma, we were never linked

Status
Not open for further replies.