Lisandro Martinez (24) Ajax CB
N'Golo Kante (31) Chelsea DM
Ruben Neves (25) Wolves CM
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (27) Lazio AM
Arnaut Danjuma (25) Villareal FW
I'm making a thread.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Anyone expecting 6-8 signings is living in dreamland, yes we actually need that many but i'd be surprised if we signed 2 players let alone 3-4.

Realistically we'll sign only 1 player.

Slide that cock in you muppets, polishing turd is on the menu.

Judas

Open to offers
I said all along it was pure fantasy that we'd sign 6-8 players. If we get in four I'll be surprised and take it depending on the quality, as long as that's not including a backup keeper. I think Ten Hag is rightly or wrongly going to believe he can get a better tune out of some of our failures.

James35

Yes, I’m certainly not expecting anymore than 2-3 signings and I’m expecting them all to be long drawn out sagas. Even with whoever they might be and ETH in, I still think we will finish outside of top 4 next season.

This is going to be a slow process but surely nothing can ever be as bad as last season!

Volksie316

120 millions + sales is not limited. Our issue is we waste our time to get the ungettable, and we keep the deadwood because we ask for too much for them.
I did mention sells, but how many realistically, will we sell? I think most the ones I mentioned will leave, but most on loan, who’ll will not boost our transfer budget.

Ranchero

Rudiger: Free transfer, foreign clubs could contact him directly in January
Alonso: Same as above
Haaland: Release clause, entourage did a tour of potential new clubs while still under contract with Dortmund
Carvalho: Wasn't that pretty much agreed in January already?
Coutinho: On a loan there and they had a buy option? Also not hard to negotiate with player when he's actually playing for you
Carlos: Fine, you got one

I would like to see some movement as much as the next guy, but ETH's only been working officially for a few days and those we are interested in aren't exactly easy to secure (Timber, FDJ, Nunez, Nkunku etc.) like those above.
These are no excuses. All it shows is others are able to forward plan.
We head the same old same old excuses all the time. And it is getting tedious to see we just dont learn from past inabilty to forward plan.

bosskeano

so what would be the ideal summer of signings and selling off players???

sell....Martial, Maguire/Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Dean Henderson, Telles/Shaw/Brandon Williams, Pereira. These are guys we can actually get money for besides the guys leaving on a frees like matic, pogba, mata, lingard.

The ideal signings would be Nkunku/Antony, Nunez, FDJ, Timber/Torres....maybe another CM as well depending on sales

We have some deadwood we are getting rid of as they are out of contracts but a couple of the first team guys need to be moved out as well so we can bring in some fresh blood

Ranchero

The pool of players good enough to play for Manchester United is very small.

There's probably about 20 midfielders who are up to standard with their current club willing to sell.

I'm a bit disappointed we haven't opened negotiations for someone yet.
That is why you have to forward plan. The discussions should already be happening. On a continuous rolling basis. You don't just wait till the transfer window opens. But we again have been hampered by being rudderless managerially.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What a relief to read that we're kind of putting other transfer plans on hold until we sort out the midfield. Been a long time coming to prioritize that. Let's see who we get .. but at least it seems like we'll addressjt

Lemon Moon

Does anyone know what's happening with all of our 'Outs' so far this window?

Why aren't they gone yet? Especially those who's contracts are up.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The Whitwell article is pretty depressing to me. We won’t go for anyone else until we sign/don’t sign De Jong because we need to know what budget we have afterwards and we’re thinking about Kante as a DM if Chelsea sell - so we haven’t got a scooby yet on a primary DM target. Nobody sold. I thought this was a revolution?

Telsim

Competition in this window is high. Madrid have a ton on money to spend. Chelsea's new owners are coming in swinging. Tottenham are also looking to spend a lot. Newcastle, too. Liverpool and City will probably be looking to make another signing or two.

We need to start acting very soon or we will have to settle for second-raters and hand-me-downs once again.

Last edited:

Robindinho

Does anyone know what's happening with all of our 'Outs' so far this window?

Why aren't they gone yet? Especially those who's contracts are up.
a) Their contracts haven't expired. They run untill 30th June - still technically our players.

b) They haven't agreed terms with a new club yet, for it to be announced.

The window only officially opens by the way 10th June.

WPMUFC

someone on the /r/reddevils reddit did a summary of Whitwell's latest:

The newest thing to come of it is that Kante is available. The most important thing to note is that the club and Ten Hag both think that our squad has lots of potential as is so they will look to get the best out of it. This probably means that they will look to only replace outgoing players such as Pogba, Matic, etc. Ten Hag will spend time with existing mainstays such as Maguire, Rashford, Shaw, Dalot, etc. before making his judgment on them.

De Jong is apparently the only CM we are looking at as he is the number one priority for Ten Hag. For DM, we were offered Kante at a cut price with 12 months left on his contract, but are also looking at Edson Alvarez and on a lesser note Kalvin Phillips. No Tchouameni sorry boys, apparently our interest has cooled there probably because he wants Madrid. For FWs, we 100% have to sign someone with Greenwood, Cavani, Lingard all gone. Darwin is an option open to us but 80m for him seems like a bad investment to the board. Benfica and Jorge Mendes are unsure if he will replicate this season's performance and want to rip someone off immediately at his max value (this is just my opinion, all Laurie said was that the board is hesitant on Darwin for 80m). Nkunku could do a job at ST and on the wing but Leipzig are adamant he isn't being sold. For defense, it appears as though Timber is an easy signing since we already know what Ajax want so we are leaving that for the back burner. Ten Hag wants to prioritise the midfield signings before doing anything else since its a glaring hole. Pau Torres is a backup/someone we are interested in for defense.

In terms of outs, Laurie has said that other than the 5 out of contract, we will see Bailly, Jones, Axel, and Martial probably gone. Henderson will likely leave but on loan. Telles wants more game time and AWB had an awful season so they might be where we generate some funds along with our reported 120m pounds budget.

Catalandevil

Obviously, Ten Hag said in the interviews that he sees a lot of potential on the squad, otherwise, we would not have signed him and probably he believes it, if not, he would not have accepted the offer to come. However, this probably has happened with all other managers after Moyes.

This is a mid-long term project and I don't think we are going to see a major revolution this summer. I don't think we need more than two or three players to start looking like a functional team that can really challenge for top 3.

The most fundamental part of this summer is that Ten Hag is given the power to ship players out and to impose his style on the club.

This summer should be used to make the club more stable and to lay down the minimum foundations of the team. I tend to believe that the revolution we want to see, will come in 12 months, not now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone expecting 6-8 signings is living in dreamland, yes we actually need that many but i'd be surprised if we signed 2 players let alone 3-4.

There's no chance in hell one signing is "realistic". That's idiocy when about 8 players are leaving.
No question at all we'll sign 3. It's whether there's more than that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
De Jong who has worked with ETH, Torres who has played against us 3 times, Timber who has worked with ETH, Kante the most known DM in the PL, Antony who has worked with ETH and Nunez/Nkunku recommended by RR. Do we have scouts?

mangoman

The links have really picked up over the last 48 hours.

Going to be a full muppet summer.

Timber, Torres, neves, fdj, Nkuku and Nunez along with some youth prospects would be the perfect summer.

onemanarmy

De Jong who has worked with ETH, Torres who has played against us 3 times, Timber who has worked with ETH, Kante the most known DM in the PL, Antony who has worked with ETH and Nunez/Nkunku recommended by RR. Do we have scouts?
What about links to Koné, Malacia, Ebiowei, Mukiele, Enzo Fernández?

This could be said for about every top team in England.

City: Haaland and possible Philips.
Chelsea: Kounde, Cucurella, Dembele, Nkunku
Liverpool: Tchouameni
Tottenham: Perisic, Eriksen...

Hardly any hidden gems there.

Fooza

Not even impressed by some of the names we are linked with, seems we never learn. Thought we'll be more smart

Hope I'm wrong and we buy players that are unexpected and just what we need who actually improve us to another level.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
2 midfielders is a must imo. 5 signings would be required but I doubt we manage that, especially as our scouting has been shit

ForeverRed1

We really need to get our business done early. We need the squad ready and together for pre season. Apart from internationals but we still need to know who we got for the upcoming season.

Redcy

Competition in this window is high. Madrid have a ton on money to spend. Chelsea's new owners are coming in swinging. Tottenham are also looking to spend a lot. Newcastle, too. Liverpool and City will probably be looking to make another signing or two.

We need to start acting very soon or we will have to settle for second-raters and hand-me-downs once again.
well the problem with that, is that any player we approach knows that other clubs are spending money, and we are still shit. So they are going to wait and see who else comes in before accepting any offers. There is this assumption that all it takes Is us to approach a player and the deal can be done. We are probably no longer in the top 7/8 clubs people will instantly join.

onemanarmy

well the problem with that, is that any player we approach knows that other clubs are spending money, and we are still shit. So they are going to wait and see who else comes in before accepting any offers. There is this assumption that all it takes Is us to approach a player and the deal can be done. We are probably no longer in the top 7/8 clubs people will instantly join.
Of course we aren't. Top 15 maybe. Players we are targeting now were much easier to get 15 years ago. We have the oil clubs now, tv money, other clubs bought by insanely rich people, state sponsored clubs. And we are a club in decline for a few years now. We have to get these next 2-3 transfer windows absolutely right.

Volksie316

Martial and Van De Beek coming back, will be treating as like new signings.

We will get 2-3 in max.

CB, CDM and CF

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Are we seriously working on more than a deal at once? in previous summers it did seem like we would have to conclude on a deal before heading out to pursue the next. If rumors are to be believed we are currently working on Frenkie De Jong, Jurriën Timber, Pau Torres... Happy times now Ed Woodward is gone.

Castia

There’s been very few solid links, I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's major flapping already and it's still May. Hahahaha.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with people on here? It gets worse every summer for flapping. We will sign 3-4 players minimum. Just relax and enjoy the summer.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I think this will be a great summer for muppets. A lot of players are going to be linked. A lot of players are going to be signed.

Watch this space.
There should be bans for jinxes like this!

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How many years have we been "linked" with that Milinkovic Savic or whatshecalled now?
Don't think we've ever really been interested in him…

Dolf

Kone, Nunez, a midfielder (maybe FdJ) would be a good start. Add Timber or a decent RB to that and i’d be more than happy.

DevilRed

2 at most. 3 if we're lucky.

Lemon Moon

a) Their contracts haven't expired. They run untill 30th June - still technically our players.

b) They haven't agreed terms with a new club yet, for it to be announced.

The window only officially opens by the way 10th June.
Thanks mate

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
There's no chance in hell one signing is "realistic". That's idiocy when about 8 players are leaving.
No question at all we'll sign 3. It's whether there's more than that.
Keep expectations low.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Hope I'm wrong, but if the plan is to go for Kante and give the deadwood yet another chance, then ETH will fail like his predecessors did.

croadyman

What a relief to read that we're kind of putting other transfer plans on hold until we sort out the midfield. Been a long time coming to prioritize that. Let's see who we get .. but at least it seems like we'll addressjt
Yeah people should trust Whitwell rather than losing their shit of what Mullock has said today.

Ruud89

You can't call yourself a big club when you can't afford to buy the number of players required which in our case is atleast 6/7.

Im sorry but we're a joke.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I predict 3 signings; forward, midfielder & 1 other random celebrity

Status
Not open for further replies.