Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

Is this one of these passing of time myths though?
Many a time we were doing our deals super late.

Berbatov, Yorke etc.

I think Yorke signed the midweek before the first game!
Pallister, Ince, Wallace, Parker, Schmeichel, Dublin, Cruyff, Yorke, Fortune, Silvestre, Blanc, Ronaldo, Kleberson, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Bebe, Van Persie and Buttner, all signed under Fergie in either August or September. There are likely more I've missed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie signed more players late on in the windows than he did early.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pallister, Ince, Wallace, Parker, Schmeichel, Dublin, Cruyff, Yorke, Fortune, Silvestre, Blanc, Ronaldo, Kleberson, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Bebe, Van Persie and Buttner, all signed under Fergie in either August or September. There are likely more I've missed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie signed more players late on in the windows than he did early.
Yep. For the right players you have to be patient quite often.

Our recent problem is it's been the wrong players, too high a fee, and it's taken too long.
Worst of all worlds.

The hope with Ten Hag is that he's going to be a 2022 version of young Wenger, tapping into a market he knows better than anyone! Please!

diarm

Yep. For the right players you have to be patient quite often.

Our recent problem is it's been the wrong players, too high a fee, and it's taken too long.
Worst of all worlds.

The hope with Ten Hag is that he's going to be a 2022 version of young Wenger, tapping into a market he knows better than anyone! Please!
All this said, I would love to see Ten Hag have the bones of his squad in place in time for preseason!

If there's one standout player that we have to wait for, so be it. But I wouldn't love seeing 4 come in late on in the window.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All this said, I would love to see Ten Hag have the bones of his squad in place in time for preseason!

If there's one standout player that we have to wait for, so be it. But I wouldn't love seeing 4 come in late on in the window.
It's when Ten Hag starts his holiday in a few weeks and we wait until he's back. Van Gaal style :lol:

Ranchero

Villa have three signings already. Because they have direction and something called forward planning.

I guarantee we will hear the same old excuses about a 'difficult market' again in this transfer window because we are being seriously linked with players who are just non starters. Like Mount and De Jong to name two

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Villa have three signings already. Because they have direction and something called forward planning.

I guarantee we will hear the same old excuses about a 'difficult market' again in this transfer window because we are being seriously linked with players who are just non starters. Like Mount and De Jong to name two
Difficult market was during the lock down, now we are back to "there's no value in the market" mantra and that through superior coaching ten hag can polish turds into diamonds.

croadyman

A £120m budget in combination with the United tax and no CL football was always going to make this window a nightmare for us. I reckon we could end up with just two signings (Nunez and Timber maybe) and the McFred midfield will live on.
Nah do believe the midfield gets a signing, however no doubt we need two to really improve

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

I'm surprised you haven't been slapped with responses like "the window has just opened", "its still June" and other bs

Blood Mage

I've already made peace with the fact that this will be an underwhelming window. I'm actually more excited to see who gets the boot rather than who we bring in. If we sell AWB or McTominay for actual money that's as good as any signing.

tomaldinho1

It is a difficult market when you pursue players who don’t want to join to be fair :annoyed:

VanHaal'sRedArmy

We're going to end up with overpaid 3rd choice backup signings again, aren't we? Rinse. Repeat.

Ranchero

I'm surprised you haven't been slapped with responses like "the window has just opened", "its still June" and other bs
Yes the same ole same ole head in the sand BS. Just love the current nonsense narrative of new found ruthlessness with the departure of players who wanted out!! Let us see how easy it is to get players IN!! We arent an attraction. Even Ten Hag's mate Timber who nobody (let's face it) heard of until he was linked to us is stalling.

Last edited:

Ranchero

I've already made peace with the fact that this will be an underwhelming window. I'm actually more excited to see who gets the boot rather than who we bring in. If we sell AWB or McTominay for actual money that's as good as any signing.
We have a window to address a downward spiral. Lack of forward planning once again could have us actually worrying about relegation never mind top 4. Look at the players who have come here and flopped. We are not an attraction. However if Villa can bring in three at a blink how the hell can't we.

Nicolarra90

We have a window to address a downward spiral. Lack of forward planning once again could have us actually worrying about relegation never mind top 4. Look at the players who have come here and flopped. We are not an attraction. However if Villa can bring in three at a blink how the hell can't we.
Are those 3 villa players the level of players we should be aiming for? (I genuinely don't know who did they sign)

Nicolarra90

Maybe not but the club got their job done.
But our job is way harder. We could sign 3 players from the Armenian league easily but that's not the point.
It's better to not sign anyone than signing duds we will be trying to sell in 2 years.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
But our job is way harder. We could sign 3 players from the Armenian league easily but that's not the point.
It's better to not sign anyone than signing duds we will be trying to sell in 2 years.
But the point is Villa had their targets and signed them. Of course they weren't going for top top names but the job got done. They sign payers at their level as we do - doesn't make it that much easier. City have signed two and will sign at least two more. Meanwhile, there's a growing feeling of deja vu at OT

padzilla

Hipster
Marc Cucerella at Brighton looks like a cracking player and only 23 - would be an immediate upgrade on our left backs. Not saying much though.

Ranchero

What utter nonsense. Villa signed Coutinho, Sevilla central defender Diego Carlos (who we were linked with) and...a MIDFIELDER, Boubacar Kamara from Marseilles ( who we were apparently leading a chase for). They are way ahead because instead of bringing in a lame duck manager in November they paid compensation to get a full time manager in Gerrard. Forward planning. Two words that have been alien at Old Trafford for years.

Judas

Open to offers
Difficult market was during the lock down, now we are back to "there's no value in the market" mantra and that through superior coaching ten hag can polish turds into diamonds.
You're constantly wetting the bed in every thread. It's June 3rd, and you're pretending in your mind it's deadline day. What's the point of making up pure nonsense to get angry about?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
ETH to prove we don't need new signing to go back to the top.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How are they BS? :lol: it's the third of June and people are already moaning, maybe we should wait before we start kicking off?

Swedish_Plumber

I reckon we’ll sign players out of nowhere this summer. Seems to me like reporters have no clue and will only pick up stories a couple of days before a signing happens.

Think De Jong is the summer saga that has some credence but the rest are just guesswork based on links to our new manager.

croadyman

I reckon we’ll sign players out of nowhere this summer. Seems to me like reporters have no clue and will only pick up stories a couple of days before a signing happens.

Think De Jong is the summer saga that has some credence but the rest are just guesswork based on links to our new manager.
Well long as one of those out of nowhere is a proper DM which is easily highest priority

Jacob

I want more outgoings!

Why is Jones still here? Pereira? Tuanzebe? Bailly? AWB?

KeanoMagicHat

Marc Cucerella at Brighton looks like a cracking player and only 23 - would be an immediate upgrade on our left backs. Not saying much though.
He is a good player but just a season before Luke Shaw was the best left back in the league. Wouldn’t write off Shaw yet, he seems to have great seasons and down seasons, could well go back to being great.

Volksie316

5 players are now confirmed to be leaving us (Cavani, Mata, Lingard, Pogba and Matic), and hopefully more will follow.

Hopefully we can shift players like Bailly, Tuanzabe, Williams, Jones, AWB etc now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Anyone expecting 6-8 signings is living in dreamland, yes we actually need that many but i'd be surprised if we signed 2 players let alone 3-4.

Realistically we'll sign only 1 player.

Slide that cock in you muppets, polishing turd is on the menu.
I think it would be around 3-5. CM, STK, CB, RB, CB

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
ETH hasn’t had a single training session with the squad yet.
How would he be in a position to assess what and who we need until then?
Season doesn’t start until the first week of August, be worried if we don’t sign anyone by then.

BarstoolProphet

Who have our rivals signed?

City: Alvarez (in January) and Haaland (RC, probably been in the works since atleast from when his entourage did the Eurotour)
Liverpool: Carvalho - although it looked like this was done already in January
Chelsea: Noone - add to that the fact that they will probably lose most of their defense on a free this summer
Arsenal: Noone?
Spurs: Perisic (FT), Forster (backup keeper) and those two on loan with obligation to buy?

To me it looks like that it's only Villa who have made a lot of early moves and apart from City none of our rivals have strengthened significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.