Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malone_Post

Another shambolic window from the United board, to absolutely nobody’s shock or surprise. It’s just par for the course now.

8 days from the start of the season and we have the exact same team lining up as last season, with added eight goals in two seasons wonder, Anthony Martial thrown in for good measure.

We needed major surgery this summer (as called by Raginack), with the midfield and attack needing proper reinforcements. So far neither have been addressed, and instead we’ve signed a back up left back, and midget centre back, and 30 year old #10/winger on a free. It’s shambolic.

fallengt

Sign some attackers ye twats. Rashford, Elanga, DVD aren't going to cut it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So at risk of getting another warning for being negative.... new faces in charge, same old mess. Disastrous so far. All those telling us to wait: just how long should we wait for?

abkmufc92

Been a great window so far. how can you not be happy that we signed a backup left back, a centre back and a 30 year old with a heart condition instead of signing replacements for Pogba, Matic, Greenwood & Cavani, you know the positions we actually needed to improve upon.

Hawks2008

Been a great window so far. how can you not be happy that we signed a backup left back, a centre back and a 30 year old with a heart condition instead of signing replacements for Pogba, Matic, Greenwood & Cavani, you know the positions we actually needed to improve upon.
No no no that's negative! You need to stop being negative! Nothing is wrong at all. Everything will be fine because... because it just will okay!!!!

James35

So at risk of getting another warning for being negative.... new faces in charge, same old mess. Disastrous so far. All those telling us to wait: just how long should we wait for?
Pointless in this forum. If some top players are not brought in before the window shuts just take some solace in the fact that you can see what is coming.

jamesjimmybyrondean

4 weeks left to get a DM, RW, get rid of Awb then get an RB, replace Ronaldo if he ends up leaving. I just don't see it. Feel like this will end up being an underwhelming window

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Signing 5th CB and 3rd LB looks silly silly until we reinforce midfield and attack. Halfway there in transfer window, a week away from starting a season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Signing 5th CB and 3rd LB looks silly silly until we reinforce midfield and attack. Halfway there in transfer window, a week away from starting a season.
He didn't play the first friendly immediately after his signing, therefore he must be 5th choice. :lol:

Revaulx

We need another attacker. Desperately
Yup.

I’m delighted with the players we’ve brought in, and would be happy for anyone moaning about a “backup left back”, a “short” CB and a “heart condition” to be banned.

Our ability to finish though :(

Red-17

It would be helpful if we had at least offloaded Bailly and Telles and use the 30 odd million we would get towards getting a mid or attacker. Why we never manage to sell players I do not understand.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I never said he's 5th choice, read again.
Do you disagree with my point?
Well if it's just 5th as in 'we have four other ones' then it doesn't really mean much? We have lots of midfielders under contract as well, it doesn't mean we don't badly need another one.

We've obviously been trying to sign a midfielder, but it's clearly a much more complicated transfer than the Martinez/Malacia/Eriksen deals. Whether they pull it off or not (or sign an alternative if they don't) is another question, but it's not like we aren't aware we need one. The situation with the attack I agree with you on, but that might be contingent on what's left in the budget after De Jong (or an alternative).

TheReligion

Abusive
Another shambolic window from the United board, to absolutely nobody’s shock or surprise. It’s just par for the course now.

8 days from the start of the season and we have the exact same team lining up as last season, with added eight goals in two seasons wonder, Anthony Martial thrown in for good measure.

We needed major surgery this summer (as called by Raginack), with the midfield and attack needing proper reinforcements. So far neither have been addressed, and instead we’ve signed a back up left back, and midget centre back, and 30 year old #10/winger on a free. It’s shambolic.
Please stay in the newbies

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We have lots of midfielders under contract as well, it doesn't mean we don't badly need another one.
;) "under contract", that's a good one.

We've obviously been trying to sign a midfielder, but it's clearly a much more complicated transfer than the Martinez/Malacia/Eriksen deals. Whether they pull it off or not (or sign an alternative if they don't) is another question, but it's not like we aren't aware we need one. The situation with the attack I agree with you on, but that might be contingent on what's left in the budget after De Jong (or an alternative).
Going back to the initial point of this discussion, we've spent 63 million on 5th CB and 3rd LB, so money is not an excuse for not strengthening in attack surely?

If your shoes are getting worn out, you can't keep buying new t shirts just because they were on a sale, and then say you can't afford new shoes.
I feel like we're leaving it late that's it, I don't expect uss to start with this squad next season because that would be a disaster.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yeah. the exact same definition you must be using to work out that Martinez is "5th CB" :lol:
Well we had 4 senior CBs (plus Jones) for 2 positions, and we have Fred, McTominay (CB playing in midfield), van de Beek (no10 playing in midfield) and some youngsters for 2/3 positions, and that is after we lost Pogba and Matic (midfield option B). So I can't see how you can compare midfield situation to defense situation.

I'm fine with Martinez, I just don't think he'll have that much of an impact as investing in midfielder or an attacker. This might still happen, but until it does, I'm pessimistic.

Castia

Going from Sancho to Elanga is just not acceptable. Still starting McFred is unacceptable as well we are in desperate need for players.

DutchCruijff

We DESPERATELY need a RB, a CDM, a CM, a RW and a CF.

Who can go?

Williams, Telles, Tuanzebe, Bailly, AWB, McTominay and Elanga.

All of them should be gone.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It just boggles my mind why we are not hearing any news on RW. The Antony chase seems to have stopped so is that were it ends for RW?

Barthez

This club never learns does it! - Even Arsenal have had a better window. They don’t deserve to be successful. Yes we have added a few good players but we are still massively short!

I’m loving my life

Extremely poor from Murtough to not help the new manager to hit the ground running. This was the window when we needed to start early and he has dithered badly, and not done anything in real terms to improve our fortunes. The squad is overall in a worse position, even though the manager seems to be doing well with the dross he is mainly working with.

El-Manos

We've not been good enough in the transfer market, there is no 2 ways about it. There is only so much this manager can do with this squad. How we haven't replaced Pogba yet is beyond me.

Big 3-4 weeks ahead for Murtough and the boys to deliver.

big rons sovereign

Where as this post is super mature.

I thought this better fan act would have got beaten out people after last few years. It's so fecking boring and contributes nothing.
Should I be bitching and moaning about everything instead? Sounds like projection to me....

bosskeano

just watching the community shield and the ability for those two teams to really alter their attacking options shows just how far off we are going to be this season in terms of goal scoring threats....both those teams can bring in 5-6 forwards who are all of quality

between now and the end of august....ETH is going to need the club to bring in a bonafide attacking threat that can score goals and somehow get Frenkie over the line

MrSingh2002

De Jong
Antony
Sesko

The only question is money. These types of signing sagas piss me off. If the player wants to come and the only question is about paying the money....

Pay the price and move on. Get these 3 in and start the season positively.

De Jong and Antony make us better instantly as it allows us to bench Fred and Rashford with Sancho being able to play from the right.

Sesko has the opportunity to play understudy to Ronaldo for one season or even replace him right now.

Who else can offer a young player that opportunity now. We should be all over these 3 signings unless there are even better candidates.

evil_geko

Where as this post is super mature.

I thought this better fan act would have got beaten out people after last few years. It's so fecking boring and contributes nothing.
Neither does constant moaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.