Have you changed your opinion of who will win this World cup?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Coming into the world cup I had Spain and Germany as the two favourites, so they both let me down. Next in line were Brazil and Belgium and I still stand by that. Whoever comes out of the match between them will probably go on to win the thing.

Giggs86

I'm sticking with France. They just have too much quality for other teams to handle. If teams want to go toe to toe with them like Argentina, they will simply outscore them. If teams want to sit back, the individual brilliance of Pogba/Mbappe/Griezmann will find a break-through.

Brazil are in a similar position but the fact that the WC is being held on European soil edges it for France imo.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I think it'll be a France v England final, with France winning on penalties.
Can't see France winning any shootouts with Lloris between the sticks.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I thought Brazil, not strongly but still do.
Same.

Casemiro was a big reason why I thought that, so him not being in Belgium may be a cause of concern but they will have Fernandino replacing him, so shouldn't be a huge drop in quality.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
I was pretty sure we (Spain) were able to win this but the fact than we sacked our coach 2 days before the start of the World Cup obviously ruined our WC... right now i'm thinking the final will be Brazil vs England, Semi Finals Croatia vs England and Uruguay vs Brazil.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I had France or Brazil, and Germany.

So, definitely way off on one. But still think the winner will come from the other two.

I do think Uruguay look dangerous though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought Spain would win it before the tournament - but then it all got the best of me and I thought England will win it.

Still do.

Murray3007

Picked Uruguay and will stick with them well if cavani will be fit, although seeing France when they went 2-1 down to Argentina they impressed me. so would now say the winner of that game for me.

stu_1992

I think most people would have to say yes! There's already so many big teams gone! Personally I couldn't ever really settle on a favorite. Maybe I would have said Spain, and I thought Germany would do well. French squad is the best left, but I'm not sure if they will do it. I'd rather them than Brazil though. I'd like Belgium to won, but I think they'll ultimately bottle it. Probably against Brazil!

Mr Smith

I tipped Spain and was hoping for Argentina, so yup. It's hard to tip the remaining favourites (France, Brazil, Belgium and Uruguay) as only one of them will make the final and then anything can happen. On that basis alone, this is probably the most unpredictable world cup in decades.

Honest John

Russia

Referee's ear-pieces, best thing that ever happened.
Buzz! Russian accent. 'Think of your family my friend'

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I strongly fancied Croatia and Colombia to go far in this tournament and both have played relatively well at times. Should Colombia prevail today, I think one of Croatia or Colombia will play in the final this year.

Alfie092

I predicted Brazil to win it and I stick by it. I was wrong when I predicted a Brazil vs Germany final :lol:

I thought Brazil would be slightly better though and they could get knocked out by a dangerous Belgium side.

Havak

Pokemon master
I picked France at the start, so will have to say I haven't really changed horses yet. Although, I've had a sneaky feeling that a more 'dark horse' side in Uruguay or Croatia are going to win it since the end of the group stages.

kthanksbye

Thought Germany Brazil and Spain were favorites with France having an outside chance.
Still of the same opinion even if two of those teams are knocked out.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I thought Brazil were rightly favourites, and guessed France would creep through.

JK-27

I think what this WC has shown me so far is that having a balanced team, working for each other, is paramount over star individual players. Therefore Belgium, France, and Uruguay look fierce because they combine a strong team ethic with very talented players. Brazil rely too much on that big girl Neymar.

Croatia have been a surprise, played some lovely football. If England could get to the Semi's I'd be over the moon.

onemanarmy

I said Brazil before the tournament. If they win against us on Friday, they'll win the lot.

fuchs_spices

Supports
VFL Osnabrück
I thought either Germany or Spain would win it since both of them were pretty good during the qualifies. Since both are out already my guess would be Englang or Belgium. Both have a pretty good team. But they're also good for a feck up.

I'd love it if Colombia won. I really like James, think he's a phenomenal player.

redmanx

I would be an idiot if I didn't as I predicted either Germany or Spain will win it.
I hedged my bets, Brazil or Germany, slightly favouring Brazil, but Germany are out and Brazil do look beatable, and maybe England can turn them over, but Uruguay are starting to play now and look set to go all the way, but I don't want that cheating cannibal Suarez to be a winner.

Misobutter

France, Brazil or Belgium.

I was quite skeptical of Brazil after the last WC since that 7-1 match was pretty traumatizing, but I'm starting to get excited as our defense and collective organization have been great. It's still a rough road ahead since if we beat Belgium, which should be a difficult match, we face France. I've seen Brazil lose to France in WC KO matches way too many times :(

Last edited by a moderator:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Nah, still Belgium up there.

sparx99

I really don’t fancy Brazil and think they’ll lose to Belgium or France. So final will be France or Belgium vs Croatia or England I reckon.

Minimalist

France and Brazil were my picks personally, with Belgium outsiders if they pull themselves together.

Still can't see it being anyone but those three - most likely France if they keep improving.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yes because I thought Germany. I think anyone can win it now.

LOL @ all the "well I thought one of France, Germany, Brazil or Spain" posts. Duh, no shit. Brave call.