Have you ever been closer to wanting us to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu_myloveqn

If a win make Ole safe from the sack so it's a bad thing for the club
If you want bad things for this club, you're not a fan.

Loon

:lol:
Say Ole gets the sack tomorrow, what do you think will happen, there is no coach available but ZZ and Conte, ZZ has said no and Conte which would be fantastic I don't feel your board would entirely be behind him and what he wants. So your gonna have an interim till the summer? I presume keeping the same coaching staff in place.
I very much doubt it would be an ex-United player. Imagine if Harry Redknapp came rocking up hanging out the window of a Chelsea Tractor?

I actually hope we beat Spurs and beat them well.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Surely you can't believe that? :lol: LVG was picking from the likes of Pereira, Fellaini, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger/Carrick on their last legs. I'd imagine a half decent manager could make a functioning midfield out of our options, just becase Ole can't doesn't mean they're bad players individually.
Plus Blind, Herrera, di Maria...The current crop is weaker imo.

Skills

Snitch
Plus Blind, Herrera, di Maria...The current crop is weaker imo.
2 of them weren't midfielders. Either at the club back then, under future regimes or at the clubs they ended up at.

yipthatman

I actually hope we beat Spurs and beat them well.
Ole nine lives will rouse the troops and trounce them 6-0 no doubt. Not that I would complain. That would be ace. He has to go though eventually.

ForeverRed1

If a win make Ole safe from the sack so it's a bad thing for the club
If you want bad things for this club, you're not a fan.
Ok.. and the fact that if city lost today and we beat Tottenham .. then beat city next week.. we would go level with them.. means nothing.. because we can’t afford to fall any further behind.

Jippy

Staff
I dont think this is the weakest midfield. We are one 6 away from being a side that's capable of beating any side in the world. Conte, Pep, Klopp have all achieved ridiculous amounts without petfect first XIs.

Theres an over exaggeration of how bad our midfield is because our manager and coaching staff are atrocious and cant implement a proper system to get the best out of their talents.
We're not talking about a perfect XI, just a competitive one. I'm sure Pep or Klopp would get more of a tune out of ours, but they'd still need a decent DM added.

el3mel

I didn't want us to lose but I remember that I stopped watching United games during the last 2 months or so of LVG reign. I couldn't endure it anymore.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We're not talking about a perfect XI, just a competitive one. I'm sure Pep or Klopp would get more of a tune out of ours, but they'd still need a decent DM added.
Pep Klopp Tuchel, or Conte Poch Ten Hag etc. Would have no problems making this team competitive.

Our manager on the other hand may spiral us out of top 4 if hes kept long enough. I don't even think thats a stretch to imagine.

Sviken

So anyone who wants the team they support to win is not a fan? Would you rather we all boo the team throughout the game or just cheer for Spurs?
I mean - it has merit. I have not yet reached that point yet, but I can understand the people that have reached it. On one hand you have a manager that is detrimental to the club that the management is intent to keep, until push really comes to shove, because he is a puppet. A manager that we're never going to win anything with, regardless on whether we win against Spurs or whatever and a manager who the longer he stays, the more the club is going to dig the hole deeper. On the other hand, you can appoint an actually competent manager and actually reverse the club's fortunes. Maybe fight for titles, cups, whatever. Play with an actual defined style.

If I had to choose between Ole winning against Spurs and bumbling his way to the end of the season or losing and getting Conte and actually fighting for things, well, i'd pick the latter with my eyes closed. But since I do not believe they'll sack him even if we lose, there is no point to speculate on that. It doesn't make me any less of a United fan, it simply means that I believe that the only way the club is going to progress is if we move forward rather than expect some kind of a miracle from Ole in which he turns into a much better manager overnight.

Jippy

Staff
I mean - it has merit. I have not yet reached that point yet, but I can understand the people that have reached it. On one hand you have a manager that is detrimental to the club that the management is intent to keep, until push really comes to shove, because he is a puppet. A manager that we're never going to win anything with, regardless on whether we win against Spurs or whatever and a manager who the longer he stays, the more the club is going to dig the hole deeper. On the other hand, you can appoint an actually competent manager and actually reverse the club's fortunes. Maybe fight for titles, cups, whatever. Play with an actual defined style.

If I had to choose between Ole winning against Spurs and bumbling his way to the end of the season or losing and getting Conte and actually fighting for things, well, i'd pick the latter with my eyes closed. But since I do not believe they'll sack him even if we lose, there is no point to speculate on that. It doesn't make me any less of a United fan, it simply means that I believe that the only way the club is going to progress is if we move forward rather than expect some kind of a miracle from Ole in which he turns into a much better manager overnight.
Yeah I understand all that, but the issue of actively wanting your team to lose is clearly divisive.
As you can see from this thread, plenty of fans have had their expectations beaten down so they are more numb to defeat than they would normally be. Plus they can take some grain of comfort change might edge nearer, even if they can't bring themselves to cheer or want a defeat.
For people to spout shit like 'you're not a real fan if you want us to win' is clearly nonsense. Besides being immensely puerile -'you're not a real fan!'- it's idiocy to assert anyone not sharing your entitled view is somehow beneath you.

Mickson

After being smashed to bits at home v Pool and no reaction from the Board, hoping to lose a match is not going to yield any results.

I'd only be okay with us losing a match if it ended up denying a rival a top 4 place for example - like I wasn't gutted when LCFC beat us last year though was still hoping for the win.

Ole out, but Man Utd wins in regardless.
None of the teams in Norway would come even top 5 in The Championship.

ndkhoa2020

At this point, the 2 things are enough that is CR7 scores as many as he can to earn the Golden Boot and top 4. The dream of beautiful play style and secure any cup are long gone.

RedfromIreland

I find it mind boggling for a fan to want his team to lose.
I've supported Utd for 62 years and i've watched some horrific, inept, spineless, heartless performances in my time, even under Fergie and i've never once wanted us to lose just to satisfy my ego.
It's beyond comprehension that anyone would want us to lose. Absolutely mental.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Jibbs

I do not want to see Ole in the dugout and the whole class of 92 charade in the media for a second but never in my life I want United to loose. I do get upset thinking this will buy the incompetent management some more time though.

432JuanMata

Posts like this should be an automatic 3 month ban.
I’m feeling the same. While I never want us to lose if we did most might get want they want and Ole is replaced. While I’m also a person that feels he should be, I never once even taught of us wanting to lose. I didn’t the day when some wanted us to lose to city to stop Liverpool winning the league. I didn’t when I wanted Jose out and I won’t even though I want Ole out

Ricardo de la Vega

No. I said it in another fred (fred gettit?) and obviously took some expected flak for it. I want us to lose, because I want Ole gone. The more we lose, the quicker we can start winning again. Its like having a tooth that needs drawing. Put it off all you like, take some painkillers - thats a win eh? But really its just making the problem worse. I want this club to win cups. Not to win an odd game against a Spurs side in as much turmoil as us. Yeah, I will always love seeing Utd winning, but it was strangely hard to enjoy this today.

RazorOz

There's no real point in wanting Utd to lose, as even if you wanted to go down that ride it works on thesis that the board would have definitely sacked him had we lost today, which was far from definite.

I want Solskjaer out, and 1 win against a poor side isn't going to change that, but I always want the team to do well, for one you want the team to be in a reasonable position to salvage the season when imo Solskjaer is inevitably sacked at some point.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Posts like this should be an automatic 3 month ban.
Am I mistaken, is this a North Korea regime or something ?

Why are we not entitled to our own opinions ?

Top Red = "Support the team at all costs", "Get behind the management and players regardless of their performances"

Scum Red = "We should continue to lose in order to have the entire inept coaching staffs and players sacked/sold"

Support the club with a long term vision in mind.
That is to get the club back to the pinnacle, not fecking around 4th and struggling in cup competitions every single year.

Manchester United got here today, all thanks to years of competing at the highest level and with consistent results (mind you, even the CL trophy count sticks out like a sore thumb).

Come on, and don't start with what DNA, culture and united way and what not.

We are in this football business, is to win and deliver.
This is not a charity organization.
This is 2021 and not 1921.

Jippy

Staff
Am I mistaken, is this a North Korea regime or something ?

Why are we not entitled to our own opinions ?

Top Red = "Support the team at all costs", "Get behind the management and players regardless of their performances"

Scum Red = "We should continue to lose in order to have the entire inept coaching staffs and players sacked/sold"

Support the club with a long term vision in mind.
That is to get the club back to the pinnacle, not fecking around 4th and struggling in cup competitions every single year.

Manchester United got here today, all thanks to years of competing at the highest level and with consistent results (mind you, even the CL trophy count sticks out like a sore thumb).

Come on, and don't start with what DNA, culture and united way and what not.

We are in this football business, is to win and deliver.
This is not a charity organization.
This is 2021 and not 1921.
We actually changed manager in October 1921, so sounds like you'd rather be in that year.

lysglimt

Scout
I've never been as miserable as a football fan as during those final weeks under Jose and I still wasn't close to hoping for a loss back then.
That sums it up 100%

I was miserable when Liverpool destroyed us 3-1 in the game where Mourinho got sacked - but I never wanted us to lose. I just wasn't as miserable as I normally would be when Liverpool scored the last 2 goals because I knew that would be the end of Mourinho.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I would like to take this opportunity to say a big feck you to any united fan who ever wants us to lose. I wish I had the time to read through this flaming can of shit that is a thread and block you personally but I can’t bare to read the shitty arsed opinions of grown men wallowing because they cannot get their own way.

Lecland07

I'm not really sure why people find it so hard to wrap their head around this. A lot of people think his sacking is inevitable, and they want it done now rather than dragging it out. Why would they want it to continue if they think it is utterly pointless?

This result is almost like a bandage for a wound you haven't cleaned. If you can't see it it doesn't exist. But it does, and all you are doing is hiding the infection spreading underneath. You would wish you had cleaned it out, beforehand, because the longer you leave it, the worse it will get.

In the end, you have to look at the long term. Do you think this is the start of something good? If not, then where do you think this is actually going? And do you want it to go there? For me, I don't like the signs that we will be taking on an extremely defensive approach. The 3-0 win was pretty flattering, despite Tottenham being terrible, because we barely actually created anything, and we were pinned back in our half for long periods despite them being bad. Do you think this will work against more organised teams? I don't think so, but I can imagine many bore draws to come and that isn't what I want to see.

I see people saying that you're not a supporter if you hope Manchester United lose, but you could say that for people who want to win no matter what. You could say the view of 'never wanting your team to lose' could be considered short-termism because these sporadic results we pull out could end up further damaging the club in the future. It could very well be a loss (that some people hope for) is the answer to benefit Manchester United. It all depends on what you think is best for the club.

Myself, I think a loss will be best as Solskjaer needs to be replaced, and I believe it will take another for him to lose his job. I believe that is best for long term as it will make the rest of the season more enjoyable and promising. At the moment, what I see is a manager that is resorting to extremely defensive tactics to save his job. Is that what people want to see now? What happened to the 'how you win' being important? That seems to have been abandoned by some supporters in favour of keeping Solskjaer as manager.

It seems all standards have gone out of the window just to protect Solskjaer. People have wilfully forgotten why they wanted Solskjaer in the first place, and have stuck their heads in the sand because they want Solskjaer to stay at the club, no matter how detrimental it is. Even if we write off the season, people seem to be pleased that he will stay. What is the point if all you care about is just getting to the new season with Solskjaer in charge? And for what? To give him another chance to display his boring brand of football for another season?

Last edited:

Ricardo de la Vega

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big feck you to any united fan who ever wants us to lose. I wish I had the time to read through this flaming can of shit that is a thread and block you personally but I can’t bare to read the shitty arsed opinions of grown men wallowing because they cannot get their own way.
If you wanted your team to win more regularly you'd want Solksjaer sacked. The quickest way for that to happen, and the quickest way United get to win again is for us to lose two or three games. So a big feck you to your shitbag opinion.

Trequarista10

Wanting us to lose is absurd. The proposed logic isn't even sensible. We should line up the correct appointment first, then sack him, not sack him and then scramble around seeing who is available.

stepic

Do you think we will win a league or CL under Ole? Yes or no.

stepic

The majority of people on the caf want Ole sacked
The majority of people on the caf don’t want United to lose a game

Anyone see the issue there?

Ricardo de la Vega

Wanting us to lose is absurd. The proposed logic isn't even sensible. We should line up the correct appointment first, then sack him, not sack him and then scramble around seeing who is available.
We'll we're going to lose another great possible manager in Ten Haag if we don't move fast, just as we lost Tuchel, just as we lost Pep, just as we lost Klopp because we were sitting on a shitt coach instead.

Trequarista10

We'll we're going to lose another great possible manager in Ten Haag if we don't move fast, just as we lost Tuchel, just as we lost Pep, just as we lost Klopp because we were sitting on a shitt coach instead.
Says who? Maybe Ten Haag wants to stay until the end of the season? How often does a manager move mid season?

Crashoutcassius

We were so much worse under Moyes lvg and mourinho, so I am not close and wasnt close then, but I suppose I was closer ? I find the concept wierd though. If you want us to lose just ... Get a life maybe, find something else to absorb your emotion

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't care who the manager is as long as we win games so no I'll never want us to lose so the manager changes

BlueHaze

If you want us to lose you're not a fan
I usually hate posts saying who's a fan and who isn't but here I've got to agree with you 100%. Already posted in this thread, I want Ole replaced but wanting the team to lose? Yeah, if you've reached that point you might as well stop following the team at all.

stepic

I usually hate posts saying who's a fan and who isn't but here I've got to agree with you 100%. Already posted in this thread, I want Ole replaced but wanting the team to lose? Yeah, if you've reached that point you might as well stop following the team at all.
How do you think Ole will get replaced exactly?

Ixion

I could never want us to lose a game, I want us to win the league no matter how hopeless it seems. No United fan dislikes Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, anyone that wants him sacked is because they don't think he'll win us the League or CL. If he stayed in the job and by the end of the season we did win one of those two trophies no one is going to be upset about it, wished we hadn't so he'd been sacked, winning those trophies is the only reason anyone wants him sacked.

BlueHaze

How do you think Ole will get replaced exactly?
If things go bad and keep on doing so and if that happens it will happen naturally without me sitting here like a petulant child wishing them to lose games. If he goes on a winning streak and improves then I can't complain can I?

Status
Not open for further replies.