Have you ever chosen to not watch your team’s match even when you had nothing else to do?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only games I miss are when I have plans that I cant change or shift around. Even then I'll often bring it up on my phone and kill my data for the month. The rare matches I have to miss I usually watch the extended highlights or if it's a memorable game, watch the whole game. Remember I missed the Villa 3-0 in 2013 because of an exam so 8 downloaded the full hd version and watched that and all the highlights.

Feel like if you start skipping games because we aren't good anymore then it says something about the type of fan you are.... imagine being a supporter of one of the many other clubs who fight for relegation or just settle for mid table mediocrity.

acnumber9

This isnt United anymore, theres hasnt been anything entertaining about our football in the last 6 years other than the Europa League run/win.
You could save a lot effort and say you don’t like watching Utd anymore because they don’t win as much. The Football we played en route to winning the Europa League was worse than most of what we’ve seen this season.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I used to make sure I watched every game, regardless of what I was supposed to be doing or who I was supposed to be with! But this year I’ve missed a few. There’s just no enjoyment watching us anymore. 90mins+ of my day being bored senseless watching Mourinho’s football, I just can’t justify it anymore.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I can't be arsed with the derby now. Iam saving my stress levels for Tuesday.

thejtrain

I am usually excited enough to tune in to the games, but hardly ever watch more than a few mins of the action. I leave the TV on and just go do something else and only show up when something significant happens. I want to be entertained watching our games, but I rarely am in the recent years, so I don't bother watching them in full. Have heard a few colleagues, also United fans, say the same.

LARulz

Yes. Maybe it's my mental illness and depression mostly but I realised as I got older that it doesn't really affect me. I get a sense of happiness/annoyance depending on the result and then the rest of the shit actually impacts me is still there. It is nothing more than a distraction at best I've realised which sucks but it is what it is for me. If we win a trophy I'm happy but in the grand scheme of my actual life it does nothing.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
If I could go back in time I'd probably unwatch that.

Did it quite often under Hodgson.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
During LvG and Moyes reign I often smartphoned through entire matches.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
There are hundreds of thousands of football fans going to watch their lower league teams, with a poor standard of football, week in week out, and some will do so for a lifetime without seeing one trophy. The fair-weather Utd fans who stop watching whenever we have a spell of playing below whatever top quality standard they demand need to have a look at themselves.
"need to have a look at themselves" ? :lol:

You realise that at the end of the day, football is only entertainment? As much as it can feel like life or death (or more) during the most intense moments, it's only a sport, put on mainly for our entertainment. If someone is no longer enjoying watching us, I don't really blame them for spending their time on something else.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I used to purposely miss United games about 10 years ago due to nerves.

matys

Happens to me more often as I get older, and it's not only about United, but football in general. I've seen maybe 5-6 PL games this season, while couple of years ago it would be 3-4 matches every week. I used to couldn't wait for United to play, even against some cannon fodder teams, now it's more like 'oh, we play today, cool'. feck, actually when I think about it, I miss the times where I was so excited about watching United and I reacted emotionally to our results whether good or bad.

I Am Zlatan

Never, even when I can’t watch live, I record them and avoid social media and this place so I don’t get spoilers

SpyLuke10

No, and I'm from Australia. Just about the only time I've missed a game is when I had an exam later on (e.g. game is at 3am on monday morning and i have uni bio exam on that day, or if I have a really bad virus and really just need the sleep. Personal health has always gotta come first.

But basically i never miss friday or saturday games (england time), sunday ones i never miss as long as i dont have a really early start on monday and need the sleep (if its like that it'd have to be a big/important game for me to watch it).

This season in the premier league I have only missed the crystal palace game (matic winner), it was on at like 6:45 am here i think and it was kinda my fault but i left it late and stayed up till like 3am finishing off an assignment for uni due at like 9am that day, thought no way id cope through the day if i woke up to watch it and got like 4 hours sleep.

also if you gotta be somewhere at 9am its darn hard to watch any late 6:45-7am games cos you gotta get to a job or school or uni and so at best you'll only get to really see the 1st half.

Ironically I didn't really start following United religiously until around December in the Moyes season. Already was a United fan for years (since around 2007) but never really had access to watch the games except maybe big champions league games before then.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Not when nothing else to do but recently (well mostly during the LVG era) I would just play a video game than watch our games sometimes.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
Since Jose took over, I've done so quite a lot. Football is a means of entertainment in my books so a dour showing doesn't work for me.

Bocca9978

Always watch United, if it’s on and I have the channel. Stream is a bit hit and miss for me.
I even watched United play some dire Champions League team when Barca had a much bigger game on.

I think United thrashed them 1-0, can’t remember who.

AngliaRed

Nope, when I was deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan I missed some but since the internet I’ve always found a stream or link to watch United.