Henderson to Liverpool | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

It'll probably be on appearances.
Sunderland cant be THAT stupid

Siorac

Downing, Adam and Marveaux? These are the purchases of a mid-table team striving to get into the Europa League.

Oh.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Downing, Adam and Marveaux? These are the purchases of a mid-table team striving to get into the Europa League .....
Not necessarily. It's a squad game to some significant extent .... and not every signing can be intended as part of a first-choice, starting XI.

In any case, I'd rather have Downing in my squad than Park, for example, or even Valencia for that matter.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
Assuming the extra £4m is dependent on winning the league or getting into Europe, it'll just be the £16m.
In which case we'll be over the moon to pay the max.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not necessarily. It's a squad game to some significant extent .... and not every signing can be intended as part of a first-choice, starting XI.

In any case, I'd rather have Downing in my squad than Park, for example, or even Valencia for that matter.
:lol:

SFraser

Rest in Peace
I'm not getting you. Care to elaborate?
It's shit. I don't know how you keep managing to finish above Everton, having said that though they don't start playing until around Christmas time.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Well tbf that's because you are an idiot and I rate Downing.

humdinger

You must be one of the very few people who would think that. Not only on here, but in general. Downing is really not very good - he can cross and that's about it. Park and Valencia are both vastly superior to him.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You really are a genuine spastic, Glaston. Can't wait for you to call us biased! You really don't get football, do you?

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
I'd rather have Heskey in my team than Bale, Lennon or Modric for that matter. Heskey is stronger on the ball than all three, and much better in the air.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

feck me..!!

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
It's shit. I don't know how you keep managing to finish above Everton, having said that though they don't start playing until around Christmas time.
I'm not getting you. Care to elaborate?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That shows you know feck all about football, to be honest.
No, it shows that - not surprisingly - Man. Utd fans over-rate some of their players and tend to favourably contrast these in comparison to some players at other teams ... especially if these other players are at lower-level clubs.

Downing was Villa's best player last season, whilst the same is far from true in respect of Park or Valencia at Man. Utd. This view is far from being negated by the fact that overall Man. Utd have much the stronger team compared to Villa.

Downing is, with a few honourable exceptions, consistently and considerably under-rated on here.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Holy shit were you being serious? Stewart Downing better than Valencia??? i mean seriously???? has you failed to see what Valencia has done time and again to the worlds supposed best left back? never mind his United career in general?

My lord your are an epic muppet.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
No, it shows that - not surprisingly - Man. Utd fans over-rate some of their players and tend to favourably contrast these in comparison to some players at other teams ... especially if these other players are at lower-level clubs.

Downing was Villa's best player last season, whilst the same is far from true in respect of Park or Valencia at Man. Utd. This view is far from being negated by the fact that overall Man. Utd have much the stronger team compared to Villa.

Downing is, with a few honourable exceptions, consistently and considerably under-rated on here.
Are you seriously that fecking thick? Villa were fighting relegation. Its much easier being the best player for a relegation threatened poor team than say, the champions. Jesus, taking delusions to new levels.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

David Vaughan(Blackpool's best player) is better than Valencia then?

Christ that's absolutely idiotic

Robbie Boy

How can anyone possibly say that Downing is underated? He is an average player and from what I can see; most people class him as just that.

Valencia is flights above Downing, for one; Valencia is one of the best wingers out there in terms of tracking back.

And there is nothing 'biased' about peoples opinions, even non-United-fans that I know, don't rate Downing all that highly.

Siorac

Downing is a one-dimensional cross-merchant without the strength, discipline and awareness of Valencia. A left-footed Pennant with a better attitude.

And following your logic, Scott Parker, West Ham's player of the year, is a better player than Xavi. After all, Xavi wasn't Barcelona's best player last season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I always used to think Glaston was subjected to excessive amounts of shit on here.

Then I started reading his posts.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Are you insinuating that Downing will start over Valencia fo us? You realise how fecking spastic that sounds? :wenger:

Siorac

I suppose this also means that Meireles is better than Iniesta, seeing as how Meireles was arguably liverpool's best player last season.
feck this, we should really strike it home for poor Glaston: Downing is better than Gareth Bale himself. Wasn't Modric Spurs' player of the season, after all?

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Glaston is an unbelievale spastic. Seriously, I think she might be mentally challenged. It's best not to indulge her, she knows well that what she's saying is a pisstake. And if not, then there's no point arguing with genuinely thick people.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Are you insinuating that Downing will start over Valencia fo us? You realise how fecking spastic that sounds? :wenger:
He also said that Nani wasn't worth £17m while Bentley was. He can't judge wide players very well.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Downing was Villa's best player therefore he's better than Valencia who wasn't United's best player. :lol:

Retard logic.
That's not the logic I've used. It's your retard view of logic.

I've simply pointed out that Downing was Villa's best player last season, whilst Valencia was far from being Man. Utd's best player. This of itself does not necessarily make Downing a better player than Valencia. What it does do is illustrate the point that a fair few Man. Utd fans have this delusion that most of their squad players are better than all of the best players in the starting XI of all the non-top 6 Prem teams.

Most Villa fans would rather see Downing stay than Young if they're forced to choose. Yet Fergie is busy pursuing Young, whose arrival will likely dampen Valencia's standing in Man. Utds pecking order. The pursuit is understandable, since Young is a pretty good player whose contract situation means that Villa must perforce sell now or risk losing him later for nothing.

My view - not based on your retard view of my supposed logic - is that Downing is a better player than Valencia. I'm not surprised that Man. Utd fans take exception to this view.

Status
Not open for further replies.