Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

This.

I am sure we will get him for upper £20ms.

Mag be late in the window. No way does a non-sugar daddy club not sell a guy who is going to walk on a a free for that sort of fee.
They let Lewandowski walk on a free.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I can literally think of no reasons not to sign one of the best players in Europe, especially at a relatively cheap price, just because we have a youth player that might make it. That train of thought is ridiculous imho.
Lol, the guy is a national hero but one of the best? Christ.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This.

I am sure we will get him for upper £20ms.

Mag be late in the window. No way does a non-sugar daddy club not sell a guy who is going to walk on a a free for that sort of fee.
Yeah they will surely let him leave late in the window and then sign feck all to replace him. And where were you when they let Lewandowski go for free than get 24m and let him leave a year in advance?

Jaybomb

Id cry if we signed Hulk. Hes just not good enough
We signed Valencia, Ashley Young, Memphis... Hulk wipes the pitch with those players. He can do it in the Champions League too so that's always useful.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Time to polish your Google-fu skills!

Funny thing, it's actually the wrong pronunciation. When he first arrived in Germany, he complained that no one can pronounce his surname right and here he finally gave up and give them the closest version that they can pronounce.

It's closer to this (it's not micky, it's mkhi) - this was made for scousers in 2013 when they thought that they were signing him :lol:

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah they will surely let him leave late in the window and then sign feck all to replace him. And where were you when they let Lewandowski go for free than get 24m and let him leave a year in advance?
We never got an offer by Bayern that high (neither in Euro or Pound). We would have sold Lewandowsiki for around 30 Mil.€.

There is one thing I agree with, though. We won´t sell Mkhitaryan late in the window, never have done so with top players. If this deal is not done until pre season starts, it won´t be done at all this Summer.

redpatron

Becoming player of the year in one of the top leagues makes you one of the best players on the continent by definition, no?
So by your criteria Jaime Vardy would be the best player in the world than since he's the poty in the best most competitive league in the world.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Becoming player of the year in one of the top leagues makes you one of the best players on the continent by definition, no?
I guess I'm more pessimistic than some because nothing good ever happens to us. But I've watched him for so long that I feel like I know his true level. Everyones expecting him to be the missing piece or something when I remain steadfast that he's more of a solid contributor rather than someone who can take over games at will.

He's more of a Pedro rather than a Hazard, crap seasons aside, if that makes sense.

harms

Staff
So by your criteria Jaime Vardy would be the best player in the world than since he's the poty in the best most competitive league in the world.
No, it's your thoughts and not mine. Bundesliga has very impressive array of stars, unlike the premier-league (out of form Hazard, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sanchez, Ozil, not very impressive), they are currently stronger and are only inferior to La Liga in terms of the player quality. And it wasn't an off season with all stars being relatively underwhelming, like in the premier-league - they actually performed at the world-class level - Müller, Lewandowski, Vidal etc. Yet, Mkhitaryan outperformed all of them.

Last edited:

OohAahMartial

I don't see anything controversial about wanting Perreira to be given a chance. Especially when so many want us to buy back Pogba who left us because he didn't get that chance. Question should only be given a chance at what position(s) and who to compete for that spot. Doesn't mean we shouldn't sign another player to compete with though if we're short on options at this position (eg. Right wing). I'm not sure Perreira himself knows his best position yet so its hard to use that to say to not buy a player.

harms

Staff
I guess I'm more pessimistic than some because nothing good ever happens to us. But I've watched him for so long that I feel like I know his true level. Everyones expecting him to be the missing piece or something when I remain steadfast that he's more of a solid contributor rather than someone who can take over games at will.

He's more of a Pedro rather than a Hazard, crap seasons aside, if that makes sense.
More Kagawa than Hazard, I think this comparison is more appropriate. I agree that he lacks talent when compared to the very best, yet he is able to perform at the very high level and there aren't many attacking players that are significantly better than him (but to be fair there aren't many top attacking players today). I was very impressed by his last season at Shakhtar and I believe that, like another Shakhtar's ex-player Douglas Costa for example, he can be a useful addition even to the team that's competing for every available trophy out there (even if he isn't a Robben level talent, imo).

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
More Kagawa than Hazard, I think this comparison is more appropriate. I agree that he lacks talent when compared to the very best, yet he is able to perform at the very high level and there aren't many attacking players that are significantly better than him (but to be fair there aren't many top attacking players today). I was very impressed by his last season at Shakhtar and I believe that, like another Shakhtar's ex-player Douglas Costa for example, he can be a useful addition even to the team that's competing for every available trophy out there (even if he isn't a Robben level talent, imo).
He can definitely contribute to the side, I just think expectations are way too high based off some of the comments in the thread.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
De Gea

Fosu-Mensah - Taunzebe - Ro-Shaun Williams - Borthwick-Jackson

Schweinsteiger - Schneiderlin

Pereira - Mkhaitaryan - Januzaj

Martial​

Spelling Bee XI

U99ted

De Gea

Martial​

Spelling Bee XI
Needs Zlatan instead of Martial and also a pole in goal.

Akshay

Staff
My point was , Mourinho is closer with agents than many of the managers out there. Ferguson hated the agents involvements in transfers , we lost hazard to chelsea because of that. Arsene rarely goes for players with super agents , cause he hates them. They both fail to see that the world has changed and having a agent as an ally is really important for a top tier clubs. Can't blame SAF or Arsene as they have spent majority of their time managing before these agents started ruling the footballing world. In today's world you could not get around top players without paying agent fees of few million and SAF would have frowned upon that.
I agree we lost Hazard because we were unwilling to pay the agent fees but how much of that was SAF and how much Gill/Glazers? We also bought plenty of players managed by Mendes during the Fergie era, and I can't recall Sir Alex ever complaining about him.

The change in mentality from Gill to Woodward and perhaps the loosening of purse strings behind the scenes is far more significant in our approach to agents than the change in manager imo.

CM

De Gea

Martial​

Spelling Bee XI
I see a couple of mistakes in there :smirk:

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
German yellow press "Blöd" got an interview with "Rantiola" about:

BILD: Sie haben den Dortmund-Bossen Wortbruch und „ganz schlechtes Management“ vorgeworfen. Mkhitaryan hätte das Versprechen bekommen, dass er in diesem Sommer wechseln darf. Reden Sie überhaupt noch miteinander?

Raiola: „Für mich ist Aki Watzke einer der besten Vereinsbosse der Welt – und wenn wir sprechen, gehen wir sehr höflich und respektvoll miteinander um.“

BILD: Diese verkappte Entschuldigung ist jetzt ironisch gemeint, oder?

Raiola: „Nein, das meine ich total ernst! Aber trotzdem vertreten wir gerade unterschiedliche Standpunkte und kämpfen um diese wie die
Löwen. Watzke geht 180 Grad in die eine Richtung, ich 180 Grad in die andere. Obwohl es zur Zeit nicht danach aussieht, hoffe ich doch noch auf eine vernünftige Lösung...“

Learn german, use g-translate, or whatelse.
There is nothing really new, although in the last sentece he says: "At the moment it seems that we dont get an aggreement, but i hope there will be a solution"

Mark Pawelek

I think this is on because they just bought Ousmane Dembélé, who's also a #7, and one with, arguably, the most potential. Potentially world class.

When you look at his Bundesliga match ratings, Mkhitaryan's best position is on the right wing, second best on the left wing and 3rd best as #10. Dortmund just bought a new #7, the highly rated Ousmane Dembélé, who's only 19 but has an incredible ceiling. If they keep Mkhitaryan, they'll have 2 excellent #7. If they play Mkhitaryan at #11 or #10, he'll displace Reus or Kagawa. Why would you displace Shinji Kagawa?, whose only good position is #11? How can you drop Reus for Mkhitaryan at left wing? In a nutshell why do they need more than 4 attackers, most of whom could walk into most top 20 world sides. They are better off selling Mkhitaryan before he walks next year for nothing. Use the money to improve their squad elsewhere. Now, early in the transfer season.

I think they're just trying to squeeze more money. I bet they'd already half arranged a deal with Arsenal before we came knocking.

khoazany

I don't see anything controversial about wanting Perreira to be given a chance. Especially when so many want us to buy back Pogba who left us because he didn't get that chance. Question should only be given a chance at what position(s) and who to compete for that spot. Doesn't mean we shouldn't sign another player to compete with though if we're short on options at this position (eg. Right wing). I'm not sure Perreira himself knows his best position yet so its hard to use that to say to not buy a player.
And Pereira is certainly a CM/AM more than a right winger.Hopefully Mourinho doesn't think that Rooney need to play every game.

-Fußballgott-

German yellow press "Blöd" got an interview with "Rantiola" about:

BILD: Sie haben den Dortmund-Bossen Wortbruch und „ganz schlechtes Management“ vorgeworfen. Mkhitaryan hätte das Versprechen bekommen, dass er in diesem Sommer wechseln darf. Reden Sie überhaupt noch miteinander?

Raiola: „Für mich ist Aki Watzke einer der besten Vereinsbosse der Welt – und wenn wir sprechen, gehen wir sehr höflich und respektvoll miteinander um.“

BILD: Diese verkappte Entschuldigung ist jetzt ironisch gemeint, oder?

Raiola: „Nein, das meine ich total ernst! Aber trotzdem vertreten wir gerade unterschiedliche Standpunkte und kämpfen um diese wie die
Löwen. Watzke geht 180 Grad in die eine Richtung, ich 180 Grad in die andere. Obwohl es zur Zeit nicht danach aussieht, hoffe ich doch noch auf eine vernünftige Lösung...“

Learn german, use g-translate, or whatelse.
There is nothing really new, although in the last sentece he says: "At the moment it seems that we dont get an aggreement, but i hope there will be a solution"
Manchester United are Henrikh Mkhitaryan's 'dream club', according to his agent Mino Raiola.

Raiola confirmed United have had an £18.5million offer for Mkhitaryan rejected by Borussia Dortmund but is hopeful of a 'sensible solution'.

“We have both taken very different views and fight for them like lions,” Mkhitaryan’s agent Raiola told Bild . “(Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim) Watzke walks 180 degrees into one direction and I 180 degrees into the other. But even though it does not look like it right now, I still hope for a sensible solution.

“Such an offer to join Manchester United might only come once in a lifetime for a player and nobody can guarantee us that the door will still be open for Micki next season. Manchester are Micki’s dream club, he wants to join them by any means.”

Reactions: Invictus

djdhrubs

Manchester United are Henrikh Mkhitaryan's 'dream club', according to his agent Mino Raiola.

Raiola confirmed United have had an £18.5million offer for Mkhitaryan rejected by Borussia Dortmund but is hopeful of a 'sensible solution'.

“We have both taken very different views and fight for them like lions,” Mkhitaryan’s agent Raiola told Bild . “(Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim) Watzke walks 180 degrees into one direction and I 180 degrees into the other. But even though it does not look like it right now, I still hope for a sensible solution.

“Such an offer to join Manchester United might only come once in a lifetime for a player and nobody can guarantee us that the door will still be open for Micki next season. Manchester are Micki’s dream club, he wants to join them by any means.”
Good to have this s***bag on our side for a change.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It makes very little sense for them to keep Mkhitaryan against his will as he doesn't look like the sort of player who will happily sit out a year or give his best on the pitch while unhappy (he's Raiola's client too which adds fuel). If they can get €35m+ for him then they could probably use that sort of money on 2-3 new players, given their scouting network is extensive and they've managed to find some gems over the years (they've contracted two offensive players with potential already this year: Mor and Dembele), they could probably use the money more than they'll use Mkhitaryan in the next season. It won't appease the fans if they keep unhappy player who won't perform either.

IMO he'll be United player when the season starts. Don't we have someone we could offer them to sweeten the deal? They won't take Januzaj anymore after he disappointed there last season, Mata is out of their reach in terms of wage demands, Fellaini they'll laugh their guts out at.

It seems that he really wants to come here and he's one of the best in Europe in his position so I can't complain. If we get this deal done as well as Zlatan, plus the already signed Bailly, it will have been a very good Summer. Then go for Bale at £100m...

RedStarUnited

It makes very little sense for them to keep Mkhitaryan against his will as he doesn't look like the sort of player who will happily sit out a year or give his best on the pitch while unhappy (he's Raiola's client too which adds fuel). If they can get €35m+ for him then they could probably use that sort of money on 2-3 new players, given their scouting network is extensive and they've managed to find some gems over the years (they've contracted two offensive players with potential already this year: Mor and Dembele), they could probably use the money more than they'll use Mkhitaryan in the next season. It won't appease the fans if they keep unhappy player who won't perform either.

IMO he'll be United player when the season starts. Don't we have someone we could offer them to sweeten the deal? They won't take Januzaj anymore after he disappointed there last season, Mata is out of their reach in terms of wage demands, Fellaini they'll laugh their guts out at.
Parreira maybe?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Parreira maybe?
Good shout but his lack of experience will play against him. They've already taken two punts in Dembele and especially Mor who has next to zero experience. Maybe we should use 'we gave you Kagawa for close to nothing two years ago' line.

ti vu

The poster who brought up Pereira in this thread doesn't want to sign Mkhitaryan! That's a whole different scenario. In Pogba case, SAF refused him game time, while also refused to strengthen our midfield and called Scholes out of retirement and played make shift players in midfield! Pogba despite of lacking effort, still years ahead of most of his peers.

With Pereira, he can't displace his competitors. People overrate Pereira on no merit. He's not clear cut better than most of his peers. His application and mentality is not up to the first team standard yet. It's silly to refuse to sign an established good player, and place hope on Pereira fulfill this role when he is not even a real first teamer. We have a new manager here who clearly aim to strengthen the squad! He needs to stabilize the first team and aim for result. Why deny him signing and force youth on him who he has yet assessed. If Pereira or any other youngsters are good enough, they will get their chance.

Last edited:

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Parreira maybe?
Haven't we learned anything from Januzaj deal? It's of absolutely no use to loan our better young players to top club. They won't play him as it doesn't make sense for them to play/develop other club's youngster when they can play their own young players which would help them in longer run.

djdhrubs

Maybe we should use 'we gave you Kagawa for close to nothing two years ago' line.
We will use the 'we gave you Kagawa for close to nothing two years ago because you agreed to sell us a top player in the near future...did you not read the small print on this contract you signed back then you should have gone to Fielmann yah?' line.

Mark Pawelek

Rob Dawson in MEN on why he's coming. In a nutshell because:
  • Mario Gotze, 2013: Dortmund to Munich on triggering the release clause of €37m
  • Lewandowski, 2014: Dortmund to Munich on a Bosman
  • Mats Hummels, 2016: Dortmund to Munich on a Bosman
Their policy of holding out only hurts them by strengthening Munich. Their fans are surely furious at this.

Varun

Staff
Rob Dawson in MEN on why he's coming. In a nutshell because:
  • Mario Gotze, 2013: Dortmund to Munich on triggering the release clause of €37m
  • Lewandowski, 2014: Dortmund to Munich on a Bosman
  • Mats Hummels, 2016: Dortmund to Munich on a Bosman
Their policy of holding out only hurts them by strengthening Munich. Their fans are surely furious at this.
On a bosman? Lewa went for free. Hummels for a transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.