Not open for further replies.

Suv666

Seems like the days of last minute panic buys are well behind us :drool:
2-3 signings more and we'll be the team to beat next season

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Now get a quality midfielder and maybe another right-back and we're set :devil:

GazTheLegend

Yeah, they did. Many on the Caf thought it was really funny if I remember correctly ;).
it is pretty funny :lol:

And they have a point. We're not what we were right now. But the ironic thing is, with serial winners like Zlatan and a coach like Mou, it's presumably a matter of time.

redshaw

When you look at the goals and assists, I can see why they would be a bit salty.

I think this guy is going to be a big hit in the EPL this year.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's beautiful how Dortmund specifically point out in their announcement that United finished 5th and that they wish him well in the Europa League next season :lol:.
The funny thing is that we'll knock them out of the Europa next year after they come 3rd in their UCL group :D

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Now, get Manolas, a quality right back and a creative CM to win the league. :drool:

Oo0AahCantona

Outstanding value, even though he only had a year left, its still the best deal for all parties.

fREDhead

Awesome!

We have just signed two players in less than 24 hours who last season scored a total of 73 goals and made 36 assists. :eek:

bri2013

Someone on reddit said Dortmund issued a similarly bitter-sounding statement re: Gundogan? :lol:
Borussia Dortmund
2 June ·
Gündogan moves to Manchester City

Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund and Ilkay Gündogan will go their separate ways in future. The midfielder, who is currently suffering from a knee injury, will leave the eight-time German champions in the summer to join Manchester City, who finished fourth in the English Premier League last season, on 1 July 2016.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Great player, wish Chelsea were in for him. Looking forward to seeing how well he does in the PL.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mourinho arguably doing the best business we've seen in years, certainly better than the Moyes/LVG summers

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
More excited about Miky than I am for Zlatan. Exciting times. :drool:

zeekey

Woah what? What just happened? I was only away a couple of hours.

Very good move for us. I am surprised that maybe a Juventus or a At. Madrid weren't in for him. Maybe they were. He is good enough to play for those kind of teams in my opinion having seen him the last couple of years. I watch probably about as much Bundesliga as the PL and been impressed with his technical ability and passing. I think he is to Armenia as Zlatan is to Sweden in terms of his importance to the national team and legendary status. He scores roughly 1 in 3 for Armenia and Dortmund and he'll contribute to our attack either behind the striker or on the right of the 3 behind.

Good bit of business. Next one please.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Got to love German sense of humour :lol: Every football observer and their dog knows we're fifth, didn't deserve CL football and been utter wank for three years yet they do this in their last bid to 'hurt' United followers and inevitably end up being the ones laughed at due to their bitterness. Red Cafe has always been happy to take a good ridiculing but I'm genuinely dumbfounded as to what's funny here, as Raoul says - it speaks volumes about their 'power' as a football club.

ChaddyP

didn't Dortmund do the same with Manchester City when theg signed Gundogan with a petty statement about them coming 4th

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Great stuff, Jose. Getting the signing in early is absolutely vital if we want to challenge for honours next season.

I'm sure he'd identified his targets even before we announced him as manager to avoid a Moyes-like transfer shambles.

He did the exact same thing at Chelsea 2 years ago with the early signings of Fabregas and Costa and they won the league. Let's hope we do the same thing :smirk:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So, is this guy a No.10?
For Dortmund, did he play in LW?
What is his best position?

prarek

Fantastic signing. Im waaaay more excited with this than the Zlatan transfer.

mbb8

So, is this guy a No.10?
For Dortmund, did he play in LW?
What is his best position?
who knows. Dortmund had a fluid attack. Interchangeable players. hopefully Jose does the same, like he did with Hazard-Oscar-Willian, where they can move to any of the three positions during play.

Status
Not open for further replies.