Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
People are crazy :houllier:. he shit the bed at a giant club, with big pressure. he's playing in an Arsenal team that has no pressure.

It's been one game people, he had assists against them with us.

Ramsay for feck sack had 3 goals this game. Ramsey!

he is a typical Arsenal player, watch him crumble under the pressure away from home or against top sides like he did with us.

Mkhi problem isn't talent, as he has talent. it's just the mental side of the game that poses problems for him.
ArsenalFamTV

DevilRed

He will play better at le arse. Will he win anything though? Maybe a league cup or FA Cup. Never the Premier League though.

Also, will go into hiding once the tough away matches come. Or maybe when a competent team actually turns up at the emirates and presses them.

Djemba-Djemba

The point is relevant to a wide number of players over Mourinho's career.

It's not the first team he's ostracised an attacking player only for them to do well elsewhere, is it? KDB and Salah... I'll wait a few more games before adding Mkhitaryan definitively to that list, though.
Oh that's very good of you.

bebeanderson

Tbf Mkhi has excelled in Dortmund and Shakhtar, who play a very different brand of football from Mourinho. Now he's at Arsenal which fits that style of play, I don't see why he won't excel.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
There is less pressure at Arsenal than United, I don’t think there’s an argument there
It's a negligible difference. It's not like he's playing in the conference now, in front of 500 people. And just like United, Arsenal are expected to challenge for the title yearly.

Ban

It's not the first team he's ostracised an attacking player only for them to do well elsewhere, is it? KDB and Salah... I'll wait a few more games before adding Mkhitaryan definitively to that list, though.
Just few more games? All right then. Fair of you.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Arsenal fans are so up and down. One minute it's Wenger out and the next it's all good again. They can't talk to us about Mkhi until they win something. Mkhi won the EL with us last season. The challenge is to win it back to back for him.
naw, 80%+ of Arsenal are still permanently Wenger Out. Its just too tiring to keep criticizing and protesting. Wenger has a 2 year contract and most fans (even hardcore Wenger Out) are just too exhausted on the whole thing to protest much at this point. Don't mistake being burnt out for thinking its all good!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's a negligible difference. It's not like he's playing in the conference now, in front of 500 people. And just like United, Arsenal are expected to challenge for the title yearly.
Like feck they are

Djemba-Djemba

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true.

If Arsenal were expected to challenge for the title Wenger would have been sacked about 10 years ago.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true.

If Arsenal were expected to challenge for the title Wenger would have been sacked about 10 years ago.
Fan expectation is different and more prevalent, and visible, than board expectation.

podurban2

Mkhi was absolute garbage for us, lost the ball as soon as he recieved it. That can not be blamed on Jose. I’m glad he’s out, Arsenal is his level and he will do well there.

Last edited:

Cassidy

So most Arsenal fans don't expect them to go into the season challenging for the title? Give your head a wobble.
Many I have spoken to do not. Its the reason they want Wenger out

Toad

Nice that he got 3 assists in one game. Will it happen again? No. He fits Arsenal’s style, no pressure, no trophies, no fun.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Mkhi played well today. Looked like a different player out there tonight. Still happy we got Sanchez though. Arsenal fans will be giddy tonight till they go to Spurs.

Jonno

Sorry but that’s just not the case.

Arsenal are a bracket beneath Man United and are expected to challenge for 4th

izec

A lot wished him well, he is doing well, whats the issue...

He is a great player on form and i expected him to be a very good player for Arsenal. Mourinho said the same, he wasnt a good fit for us, due to various reasons, one of them being we dont play the type of football he thrives on, but also when the going got tough, he shrinked. He had his moments here, but Alexis over him any day. He wouldnt start here anyway currently.

I also dont understand why people bite when oppo posters wum

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
But board expectation is the one that matters, and they don't care about winning the league.
And irrelevant at Arsenal hence Wenger still has a job,
It's not irrelevant with regards to its effect on Mkhitaryan's psychology. When he's getting screamed at by thousands, surely that is what many are referring to when they say he is mentally weak. That's the point. Some are acting as if playing for Arsenal is like playing for Burnley.

SirAF

Ageist
What the hell? Now you are really reaching mate.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I hope Mkhitaryan doesn't score or assist again this season. Just my two pence worth.

Jonno

I think both clubs have got what they wanted. The Sanchez situation was weighing Arsenal down, and with Mkhitaryan playing like that and their new Worldy striker scoring, they’ll be the happiest they’ve been in a long time.

We at United needed someone to take us to the next level with real star quality and we’ve had that

Cassidy

It's not irrelevant with regards to it's effect on Mkhitaryan's psychology. When he's getting screamed at by thousands, surely that is what many are referring to when they say he is mentally weak. That's the point. Some are acting as if playing for Arsenal is like playing for Burnley.
More so the pressure of knowing he can be dropped/sold if he doesn't perform. They type of pressure he will get less of at Arsenal than under Jose at United. He can relax and play his game, just look at Ozil and hes shite form and now being one of the best paid players in the league. No pressure!

DevilRed

Tbf Mkhi has excelled in Dortmund and Shakhtar, who play a very different brand of football from Mourinho. Now he's at Arsenal which fits that style of play, I don't see why he won't excel.
Define "excelled".

He has won feck all with dortmund.

He basically had one good season there. Before that he was mentally too fragile for even klop.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
And yet none of that has anything to do with Mkhi's terrible performances. He was just lost here and didn't show absolutely any hunger playing for us. Nothing to do with Mourinho or any of the players, even for Dortmund he was inconsistent player with questionable mentality at highest level, that's why many had big doubts before we signed him.
Ok if you believe that, however explain our performance against Spurs. Are all our attacking players of "questionable mentality" then?

Arsenal have no pressure? They've finished above you for the last five years.
And the media don't criticize them for finishing top four, do they? Even last season they were barely criticized for finishing 5th

Klopp is shite at coaching attacking talent then because he couldn't get anything out of Mkhitaryan at a low pressure club. Am I doing this right?

fellaini's barber

Oh yes I thought the 'its Mourinho who ruined him' crew where just these dense pundits like P. Neville talking shite about how now he has the 'shackles off' and a manager who gives him a bit more freedom as they probably didn't watch him every game like us. How anyone who saw his every game for us and still spout that nonesense is beyond me

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Nice that he got 3 assists in one game. Will it happen again? No. He fits Arsenal’s style, no pressure, no trophies, no fun.
Might do. Arsenal are an incredibly good side when things are going really well for them. The problem for them tends to be when things aren't quite going for them.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
And the media don't criticize them

Klopp is shite at coaching attacking talent then because he couldn't get anything out of Mkhitaryan at a low pressure club. Am I doing this right?
The media don't criticise them? :lol:. Let me guess, the aliens have abducted the real Pogba too.

And see the bit where I state that this has been the case with other players under Mourinho..