Henrikh Mkhitaryan | Roma player

cyberman

Mkhi has found his level tbh.
He'll go into hiding soon enough, all of his assists have come in 4 goal thrashings. As soon as he's closed down, he'll run up those cul-de-sac we all know he loves.

SirAF

Ageist
We can argue semantics but it's the same thing. Mkhitaryan isn't built to play under a manager like Mourinho.
I agree. Weak minded players are not suited to play for Mourinho.

Lest forget that far better players than Mhki have also failed at OT under Ferguson too. It’s a complete different world playing for United than Dortmund/Arsenal.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Where have I disagreed with that? I simply made a comment to support the fact that our attackers get stifled by our manager. Mhiki cannot handle that, Sanchez probably can
If Mkhi can't handle it he's fecked at Arsenal then because Sanchez regularly looked completely fed up and frustrated by their ineptitude.

Varun

Staff
Where have I disagreed with that? I simply made a comment to support the fact that our attackers get stifled by our manager. Mhiki cannot handle that, Sanchez probably can
That's a slight on Mkhi, not Mourinho which is what your post implied.

Massive Spanner

Lest forget that far better players than Mhki have also failed at OT under Ferguson too. It’s a complete different world playing for United than Dortmund/Arsenal.
He couldn't handle it at Dortmund either in his first 18 months!

Canagel

Arsenal fans are so up and down. One minute it's Wenger out and the next it's all good again. They can't talk to us about Mkhi until they win something. Mkhi won the EL with us last season. The challenge is to win it back to back for him.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
Mourinho is a winner unlike Wenger. Arsenal had Sanchez in his best years and still couldn't win the PL. Players do well at Arsenal but they don't have the mental capacity to win things.
Mourinho won the epl with United then? Oh no he didn’t.

Wenger and arsenal are incapable of winning things? Like 3 recent FA cups? Like invincibles seasons?

Sánchez is good but also an individualist.

Member 90887

People are crazy :houllier:. he shit the bed at a giant club, with big pressure. he's playing in an Arsenal team that has no pressure.

It's been one game people, he had assists against them with us.

Ramsay for feck sack had 3 goals this game. Ramsey!

he is a typical Arsenal player, watch him crumble under the pressure away from home or against top sides like he did with us.

Mkhi problem isn't talent, as he has talent. it's just the mental side of the game that poses problems for him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

SirAF

Ageist

Wenger and arsenal are incapable of winning things? Like 3 recent FA cups? Like invincibles seasons?
Mourinho won the «epl» three years ago, Wenger 14 years ago.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
People are crazy :houllier:. he shit the bed at a giant club, with big pressure. he's playing in an Arsenal team that has no pressure.

It's been one game people, he had assists against them with us.

Ramsay for feck sack had 3 goals this game. Ramsey!

he is a typical Arsenal player, watch him crumble under the pressure away from home or against top sides like he did with us.

Mkhi problem isn't talent, as he has talent. it's just the mental side of the game that poses problems for him.
Not that I am saying he wont, however given our record in these games under Mourinho, I would say most of our players seem to crumble. It points to something wrong with the team rather than individual players.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Sánchez is good but also an individualist.
No point having a Mourinho vs Wenger convo, thats not even a contest

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
That's not the same thing. That's just Mkhi not having the right mentality, which is something that has been proven time and time again in his career. Top players should not have to be "built" to play a certain way or in a certain system.
Playing for Arsenal under Wenger or Utd under Mourinho are completely different things. Mkhitaryan is clearly a player that enjoys runners and movement ahead of him, something he didn't get at Man Utd. I believe the mentality stuff is just a narrative.

The level of scrutiny at Arsenal is effectively the same as at Man Utd.

Canagel

Mourinho has been here 2 seasons and is in the middle of rebuilding a team still in transition from the SAF era. Arsenal and Wenger have been underachieving for the last 13 years. There's no comparison mate. 3 FA cups isn't proof of a winning mentality. Arsenal have had better players than Mkhi in the past and still failed. There's nothing to suggest that will change in the future. Mkhi started this season on fire at United but didn't step up when the team needed him most. He was given plenty of opportunities but didn't perform. The pressure free environment at Arsenal is perfect for him and he'll do better there no doubt.

rique_don

Not happy for him at all. He’s a weak minded fraud, just like Arsenal, and he’ll be shit for them in the long run.
Keep allowing Mourinho to fool you. He was no less annoyed with Cristiano at Madrid because he didn't do enough in a defensive sense. He left and Real are quite fine. He has one way of thinking and can only be reactive. He always talks about mistakes we've made defensively no matter the opponent we've lost to.
No plan to control games and attack. If Mkhi were coached by Pep i doubt he would've faltered so badly...Same with Rashford and Martial who have only i.proved their defensive ability but have not improved in an attacking sense. Mourinho hasn't evolved. The same things we're complaining about Real fans were complaining about. At La Real he blamed Barcelona, Pep and his players including Ronaldo. Now it's still not Mourinhos fault. Its always the players. We are consistentlt being outplayed in big games and no our attack isn't thriving. That's on him.

Ban

Playing for Arsenal under Wenger or Utd under Mourinho are completely different things. Mkhitaryan is clearly a player that enjoys runners and movement ahead of him, something he didn't get at Man Utd. I believe the mentality stuff is just a narrative.

One game and you know it all?

haram

We are literally the only team to beat Arsenal at the Emirates this year. They scored 4 against Palace as well. Then lost to Swansea. If they play badly away in their next match and he has an anonymous game what will people say? That it was the teams fault? He is not good enough for us.

UrbanLegend179

Supports
Arsenal FC
As an Arsenal fan, I would be the first to tell you that Mourinho is a better manager than Wenger and that if I had the choice, I would take Mourinho in a heartbeat over Wenger. No arguments.

It does surprise me, however, to see fans blindly defend their club no matter what. You can still be a good fan AND be objective. Mourinho makes life difficult for attacking players, look at his issues with Hazard ffs. How is Mkhi mentally weak just because he couldn't perform his best in a Mourinho system? You can still be a great Manchester United fan without defending Mourinho in every possible way. He couldn't get the best out of Mkhi, it's down to the manager to put him in a position to be successful. To simply say Mkhi is "mentally weak" or "cant adapt to a new system so he isn't a top player" is intellectually so freaking lazy. Mkhi was fantastic at Dortmund in a fluid system and he will be great for Arsenal because of Wenger's style. Don't make him seem like less of a player just because he couldn't flourish under Mourinho.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal have no pressure? They've finished above you for the last five years.

binary bot
Mkhi is a very good player who didn't fit our style of play. I don't know why is has to be a mentality thing.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
This thread might be fun to follow since some ppl seems to take it personally that he had one good game for us :D

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
To emphasize the point that some of us are making... here are recent threads on our attacking play...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/is-mourinhos-style-in-big-games-outdated.434430/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/why-arent-we-coached-as-an-attacking-unit.436183

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/off-ball-movement.436159/

In the Lukaku thread, there are many posters that hold the opinion that Lukaku is hindered by a relative lack of service, which points to inefficiency in our attacking unit.
And yet none of that has anything to do with Mkhi's terrible performances. He was just lost here and didn't show absolutely any hunger playing for us. Nothing to do with Mourinho or any of the players, even for Dortmund he was inconsistent player with questionable mentality at highest level, that's why many had big doubts before we signed him.

Massive Spanner

Yeah it's a completely different thing, hell get to play in the Europa under Wenger instead of the CL, and he loves the Eiropa.

cyberman

Are we pretending he didn't fail under Klopp or is this a Jose wind up thread?
Mkhi had all the freedom Lingard has had and literally hid on the field, he cried in the dressing room after he was subbed v City last year.
I actually like Mkhi but I can already see where this is going so I can't wait to see him fail

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Wenger and Mourinho are very different managers. Wenger's dedicated himself to rebuilding Arsenal (with a healthy salary), a rebuilding which was disrupted by the rise of the oil clubs, while Mournho has gone from club to club (and winning).

Like others I do sometimes wonder if the years of financial constraint have taken the edge from Wenger's coaching but there shouldn't be any doubt that he's one of the greats.

rique_don

So let me guess. He's great now? And Mourinho is the problem9
I'd like to see what these players have been able to do vs top 6 sides under Mourinho...
Exactly, that's the litmus test. No one is free to play football and be expressive and have fun against the top 6. Mourinho seriously needs to evolve somewhat. Mourinho is the problem. We will keep changing players until he sees he's a huge part of the problem and he is never the solution. He needs to sort out the midfield and seek to control games rather than being reactive.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It’s honestly laughabale that all of you are grown men. :lol:

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
One game and you know it all?
Mkhitaryan was shite under Klopp.

So is that evidence Klopp can't manage attacking players?
The point is relevant to a wide number of players over Mourinho's career.

It's not the first team he's ostracised an attacking player only for them to do well elsewhere, is it? KDB and Salah... I'll wait a few more games before adding Mkhitaryan definitively to that list, though.