Henry back to Arsenal - loan looking likely

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, what a shame that would be....:)
Does everyone till want Arsenal to do badly?

The way I see it, they're bigger rivals of Liverpool in this years premier league to finish in a champions league spot than they are of ours to challenge for the title. So any of Spurs or Arsenal gaining ground of Liverpool is a good thing IMO. As long as they don't get close enough to us.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Does everyone till want Arsenal to do badly?

The way I see it, they're bigger rivals of Liverpool in this years premier league to finish in a champions league spot than they are of ours to challenge for the title. So any of Spurs or Arsenal gaining ground of Liverpool is a good thing IMO. As long as they don't get close enough to us.
Im praying the final league table will be:

United
Tottenham
Arsenal
City

It would piss off everyone except us and maybe Tottenham who can give themselves a pat on the back. Come on spaghetti set the City training ground on fire.

Unam333

Agreed. I dont think this is a great move for Arsenal. In terms of leaving a legacy, this might tarnish how Henry has been viewed before by Arsenal fans. Also, Arsenal are in a tough situation and it's a lot to rely on a player whose legs have gone.

He could do well but is this really Wenger's last resort?
It's only for 2 months. 2 Months are enough to contribute to the team. It takes more than 2 months to tarnish his legacy.

Denis' cuff

I imagine he'll be more worried about being kicked up in the air by Barton and co.
Never mind Barton. Gary Nev might've gone off into the sunset but fearless Phil awaits menacingly in blue disguise. :drool:

Henry will regret this decision. Phil will want to nip this idiocy in the bud before Princess Reyes gets any big ideas.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
There is absolutely no way he'll tarnish his legacy. He's their all time top scorer and de facto leader of their greatest ever side.

This is a 2 month fluffy swansong. If anything he can only enhance it. If he's utter crap it'll be forgotten and resigned to history, whereas any goal will be treated with a gushing of orgasmic elation.

Ace

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him to be honest. Not the way to move forward as a club, however.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I've never seen one player score the same goal so often. Put through at an angle - run forward a bit - open body - side foot in the far corner.

I think a few non Arsey people find it oddly exciting/interesting to see him play for them again. There's a lot of love for him in England. He was one of the best to play here in the PL era and he was a beautiful player in his prime. He also never really rubbed anyone up the wrong way too much. I never disliked him at Arse. I always thought he was pretty cool (that sounds gay)

I saw him in NY a few months ago. He's still a great player to watch. He has fantastically elegant movement (no homo) It's a pretty poor league that's well below our pace but given a one on one or a chance unmarked in the box there's no reason to think he won't pop a couple away.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I've never seen one player score the same goal so often. Put through at an angle - run forward a bit - open body - side foot in the far corner.

I think a few non Arsey people find it oddly exciting/interesting to see him play for them again. There's a lot of love for him in England. He was one of the best to play here in the PL era and he was a beautiful player in his prime. He also never really rubbed anyone up the wrong way too much. I never disliked him at Arse. I always thought he was pretty cool (that sounds gay)

I saw him in NY a few months ago. He's still a great player to watch. He has fantastically elegant movement (no homo) It's a pretty poor league that's well below our pace but given a one on one or a chance unmarked in the box there's no reason to think he won't pop a couple away.
Except for all of Ireland, the cheating prick!

Mick1991

I can see a couple of screamers on the cards. I'm with Mockney on this one, I'm looking forward to it...........feels strange saying that.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I used to really hate him but I always admired him as a footballer. After he left Arsenal he started to grow on me and after that Ireland game he completely won me over. Legend!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Milking every little drip of adoration from the crowd at the end of that game, I was cringing a little.

It's just what I was saying earlier in the thread though, they have a genuine, world class striker in van Persie and they've brought in probably the only person they could that could overshadow him at the club.

I'm going to be watching van Persie with interest from now on. From being the clubs main man and playing off the confidence of that adoration it'll be hard for his ego and confidence to see Henry back at the club.

I might be completely wrong though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fairy tale stuff. Bought a semi tear to my eye.

I just love moments like that in football. Makes it all worthwhile.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Keown discussing the dynamic between Henry and van Persie right now. He thinks Henry will be happy to take a step back and allow van Persie to remain the star man.

We'll see :D

izzydiggler

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but didn't Henry engineer a move away from Arsenal?

If so, all of this 'messiah-esque' pointing etc is even more embarrassing.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Keown discussing the dynamic between Henry and van Persie right now. He thinks Henry will be happy to take a step back and allow van Persie to remain the star man.

We'll see :D
:lol:

How do you manage that? Deliberately play worse than VP?

Can someone remind Keown VP is way ahead of Henry because he has the advantage of being younger.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
RvP is automatic first choice. I don't see how that could be in dispute.
I'm not disputing that. He's clearly a much better striker and first choice right now.

Best explained here:

I'm not thinking from a van Persie being dropped point of view, I'm talking from a confidence one.

Right now, it looks like van Persie is the most senior player there and he's one they all look to on the field and I'm sure he enjoys the responsibility of that. I just wonder what effect having Henry back in the dressing room could have.

It could be a time that van Persie would look to stand up and have a bit of a word with everyone and instead, Henry feels it's his place to. Or it could be that a younger player goes to Henry instead of van Persie.

It sounds like little things, but it's the sort of thing that could get into van Persie's head and knock his confidence.
A striker's confidence is hugely important but it's also a delicate thing. If van Persie feels he's not the darling of the Arsenal crowd any more or feels like he doesn't have the same stature in the changing room that he has enjoyed for the last couple of years it could well effect his game.

Like I said, I'm just speculating on something that might be way off the mark. I'm just going by how a few players blossomed when he left and I remember Fabregas hinting at everyone breathing a little easier and having the space to grow once he left.

:lol:

How do you manage that? Deliberately play worse than VP?

Can someone remind Keown VP is way ahead of Henry because he has the advantage of being younger.
Like I explained above, I'm not talking about play time and being the main striker. I'm talking about not ruining the dynamic of the changing room and allowing van Persie to remain the one that they all look to.

Drifter

American
Milking every little drip of adoration from the crowd at the end of that game, I was cringing a little.

It's just what I was saying earlier in the thread though, they have a genuine, world class striker in van Persie and they've brought in probably the only person they could that could overshadow him at the club.

I'm going to be watching van Persie with interest from now on. From being the clubs main man and playing off the confidence of that adoration it'll be hard for his ego and confidence to see Henry back at the club.

I might be completely wrong though.

He's only there for a couple of months.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
that was the best comeback since the Spice Girls

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Cringe. What a melodramatic dick.
Which is why I brought it up. After that article saying he's not the same egotistical character that was bigger the club when he left, in his first game back, he scores against a Championship club in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup and then spends 5 minutes at the end of the game milking the adoration of the crowd. It's exactly what I was expecting and I really can't see it havin a positive effect on the senior squad members...