Henry Winter's attack on Joel Glazer

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
This is for me the biggest mystery of all. Why wouldn't they want a top football CEO who can make the most out of the money given? Do they like wasting money?

Woodward should return to whatever he used to do (commercial and media operations) or the club should split with the financials from the football side
Probably Dunning-Kruger effect. They know don't understand football well enough to understand there's a better way and that they shouldn't be making decisions themselves.

Regarding your second point I made the same point in a post earlier today about hiring van der Sar

It's not likely Woodward will accept a demotion and agree to having someone between him and the owners, and they seem to like him too.

If he's not getting sacked I think the club should split the CEO job into Chief of Financial Operations and Director of Football, both who answer directly to the board.

clarkydaz

This is for me the biggest mystery of all. Why wouldn't they want a top football CEO who can make the most out of the money given? Do they like wasting money?

Woodward should return to whatever he used to do (commercial and media operations) or the club should split with the financials from the football side
They seem to be in debt to Woodward more than we assume. Remember he got the club over the line for the father, the kids just inherited and collect the money. They actually havnt a clue without him