g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Herrera on a free

crossy1686

career ending
I’m so fecking sick of seeing this blokes name.

Listen, he was barely good enough when we had him, he was in a shite midfield and stood out only because of that, now he’s way fecking older and probably still wants the same money we’re paying Casemiro.

Hopefully he retires and those that are in love with him because he spat on a City badge once will be heartbroken forever more.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He’s the definition of jack of all trades, master of feck all. Runs about, bags of energy, can sort of pass, can sort of defend, but isn’t creative enough to be a proper 8, isn’t disciplined enough to be a 6, and isn’t good going forward. So he just runs around putting out fires. That’s what I always felt Herrera was.
That’s pretty much how I view Liverpools midfielders over recent years, with the exception of Fabinho who’s a proper 6. And recently Thiago who’s technically sound. The others are just energy machines. But yes, I get the comparison….though always viewed Herrera as a better technician than Fred

Josep Dowling

There is a weird **** following with Herrera. I really don’t get it. Was an above average player with a good attitude, who then wanted astronomical wages.

KeanoMagicHat

Some people here underrating his time here, but just looked and he's now 33, his game was quite reliant on his physicality/combativeness so it's not worth it. Pretty sure he's going to Bilbao anyway.

Halftrack

Surprised at how hung up some are on the Noble incident. Projecting their own insecurities I reckon.

OleGunnar20

Loved him as a player and a character, shame he was wasted during those nothing years. You could see he always left everything on the pitch and was a proper little shite, something we've lacked over the years I think. A bit of battle.

Having said that he's probably too old to keep up his high energy game in the PL these days you'd think. Best of luck to him back at Bilbao I say.

izec

Back to Spain obviously. He is not coming here to sit on the bench. We wont buy midfielders for numbers, but to start and improve.

lsd

The Oracle
Surprised at how hung up some are on the Noble incident. Projecting their own insecurities I reckon.

It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen from a United player during a game.

GMoore23

I liked him as a player and he was much better than either McTominay and Fred. Certainly a far better CDM.

He was totally disrespected by the club concerning his contract situation here, that's why he left.

At 33 now hes probably past his best but I'd take him on a 1 year deal as backup to Casemiero which he's unlikely to be interested in.

Welbeckham

He is one of the most divisive players in this forum.

I think he never really was consistent enough, but from the Pogba, Matic, McFred, Fellaini era, he’s easily my favourite midfielder. I mostly blame Mourinho for benching him for these giants that lacked his passion, agression and composure on ball.

People often underestimate what a ”Jordan Henderson” can do to your team. A workhorse with decent technique, great football brain and mentality is not super easy to find.

Halftrack

He is one of the most divisive players in this forum.

I think he never really was consistent enough, but from the Pogba, Matic, McFred, Fellaini era, he’s easily my favourite midfielder. I mostly blame Mourinho for benching him for these giants that lacked his passion, agression and composure on ball.

People often underestimate what a ”Jordan Henderson” can do to your team. A workhorse with decent technique, great football brain and mentality is not super easy to find.
I feel Pogba played his best football for us while playing next to Herrera. After Herrera left, Pogba never got back to those same levels.

Welbeckham

I feel Pogba played his best football for us while playing next to Herrera. After Herrera left, Pogba never got back to those same levels.
Herrera at best was the kind of player that made others around him better, the opposite of Maguire and De Gea in that sense.

EDIT: I need to stop bumping this thread, because this isn’t happening.

RedMilo

I liked Herrera he was functional if not spectacular. The best thing I can say about him was the midfield always performed better when he was on the pitch, and was noticeably inferior when he wasn't in the team.

Good player, but time to move on.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
You need to rewatch it to appreciate how pathetic it is. You don’t let another man pick you up and carry you anywhere, should stop after you’re a toddler. Noble mugged him off massively doing it and Herrera just allowed it.

Abraxas

He was decent for us for periods, but no need at all to think about revisiting it. Going back is rarely good and even more so when they weren't outstanding.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Himself and Fernandes would be a bit too shithouse wouldn't it? Just a little bit too cnuty.

flappyjay

A younger Herrera would do well in this current team the current version can go back to Spain.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m so fecking sick of seeing this blokes name.

Listen, he was barely good enough when we had him, he was in a shite midfield and stood out only because of that, now he’s way fecking older and probably still wants the same money we’re paying Casemiro.

Hopefully he retires and those that are in love with him because he spat on a City badge once will be heartbroken forever more.
You’re in fine form of late.

/This.

Flexdegea

I always felt that half the reason PSG went for him was to spite us following ole knocking them out of the CL. I loved him when he played for us a he seemed to get the club more than some of the others. But I remember Fred feeling like a large upgrade when he started getting more game time after Ander left.

Heart says bring him back as a rotation option. Head says he wasn’t good enough back then and hasn’t improved in the last 2/3 years.

What is this a joke

Halftrack

You need to rewatch it to appreciate how pathetic it is. You don’t let another man pick you up and carry you anywhere, should stop after you’re a toddler. Noble mugged him off massively doing it and Herrera just allowed it.
I watched it several times. The only things about I find pathetic about it is Noble trying to look tough, and all the people acting like he took Herrera's manhood away or something. Who even gives a shit? It has no impact on anything, other than some proper men's view on Herrera's madculinity, or imagined lack thereof.

BorisManUtd

It seems like he's going to sign for Bilbao until 2024. Probably best move possible for him and I reckon he'll then go to Real Zaragoza, his boyhood club, to finish his career.

Herrera is 33 now and though I wouldn't mind him coming here for 1 season, it's obviously not going to happen.

Redfrog

As hated as Fellaini was, he was more useful than this guy. I never seen the purpose of him. Not good at anything really. Can’t even have a nice chest control.
He is a bit like Mata. Was liked because he was talking the talk, but he did nothing for the club. Nice guy, useless player, very replaceable. We never missed him.

I Am Zlatan

As hated as Fellaini was, he was more useful than this guy. I never seen the purpose of him. Not good at anything really. Can’t even have a nice chest control.
He is a bit like Mata. Was liked because he was talking the talk, but he did nothing for the club. Nice guy, useless player, very replaceable. We never missed him.
Mata was rarely played in his 10 position.. he mostly got played wider which wasn’t his best position.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Wouldn't bother me at all, though I doubt he wants to come here. Can't blame him for smelling the stink and wanting out when they didn't offer a contract in a timely manner.